Jaws on Blu-ray...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by BillJ, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ladyheather69

ladyheather69 Captain Captain

I held out for two days before I ended up buying this movie. I have the 30th anniversary edition as well on HD and that looks great, but the BR of this totally kicks ass! Sorry--had to say it :P
    The remastering is amazing. Much deeper and richer in my opinion.
    If you have the means, I highly recommend getting a copy :)

2. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

I bought the BluRay on Thursday and watched it with my boyfriend this evening.
    It's been a few years since I've seen the movie and I actually jumped three or for times during the viewing.
    Either I get easier to scare or this film still works. - I think it's the film not me :)

3. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Too true. I think what mostly makes "Bruce" look 'fake' is that he's not capable of the range of movement that real sharks are. The film at a few points intercuts real shark footage with this mechanical one, and I think the mechanical one just sort of sticks out in that it's movements aren't quite right.

Maybe it's kind of like the opposite of a lot of these CG creatures these days. A lot of the ones I see do have great texture and detail, but the way they move seems weirdly exaggerated or wrong somehow.

(Of course, I should be clear that none of this lessens my enjoyment of the film in the slightest. I love JAWS to death.)

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly the line I was thinking of!

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

So is it true that "new Jaws documentary" that's been hyped all over the place is the same one that's already been airing on cable for awhile?

I know there are a few different Jaws docs out there, but I'm not sure which is which...

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    Yeah, the "new" documentary has aired before, in 2007. I believe it is new to home video, though.