Just Been Watching Facets

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Bry_Sinclair, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

So it got me thinking about when Ezri undertook her zhian'tara and who would host which Host in the early relaunch universe.

Here's what I was thinking:

1st - Lela - Kira (again)
    2nd - Tobin - Shar or Nog
    3rd - Emony - Prynn
    4th - Audrid - Matthias
    5th - Torias - Bashir (again)
    6th - Joran - Bowers
    7th - Curzon - Vaughn
    8th - Jadzia - Ro

2. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Captain Captain

I always thought it would be rather sweet if Kira hosted Jadzia, like specifically asked to...

3. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

^I remember reading a fanfic where Kira did exactly that--host Jadzia. As I recall, the story ended with Kira in tears, thanking Ezri for the opportunity.

4. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Do you remember which story it was? I'd like to read it too :)

5. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately, I've completely forgotten where that one is, in all the vast expanse of the Net. Sorry. :(

There is, however, a site filled with some nice Ezri stories--and one of them is a tale of her zhian'tara. It's okay--and it does have Kira as Jadzia's host:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5132875/1/Healing_Wounds

6. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
  7. Bry_Sinclair

That is an angle I hadn't actually considered, but makes more sense. I went with Ro as she didn't have a connection with Jadzia, but Kira is definately a better choice.

8. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That sounds nice. I especially like Curzon in Vaughn, since they knew each other and were not mutual fans. Tobin in Shar works too, although perhaps it's a touch too on-the-nose. Some of the fun of this idea is in characters who are very much unlike the hosts they inhabit, and Tobin and Shar are quite similar.

This is a lovely idea for closure between the two characters, certainly.

I remember back when the "relaunch" was in its early stages, people asked if Ezri would get her zhian'tara and Marco replied, "We'll get around to it eventually. It'll happen." Obviously that ended up never happening, maybe because of Marco's departure and the subsequent gap in the stories.

But we can bear in mind that it almost three years after Jadzia arrived at the station that she had hers, and she must been have joined for a decent amount of time before she even came to the station. Now, I believe it was stated that she had been deliberately putting it off, but it goes to show that it's not unheard of for the zhian'tara to not happen until several years after joining.

So just because we didn't see Ezri go through it in the one year of screen time and one year of book time we have of her on DS9 (three years of book time in my version, see below), doesn't mean that she'll never have it. Maybe she had it after she'd transferred away (to the Aventine, or back to Trill or the Luna in my version before the Aventine). In which case it would be a whole different set of characters anyway.

EDIT: Also, BrySinclair, I definitely approve of your choice in avatar subjects. What with this current one and the previous Andorian one, I'm guessing Star Trek is filmed in Vancouver now? :lol:

9. Bry_Sinclair

Its the crew I would cast for the U.S.S. Silverfin if I could. The manips were made by the excellent FltCpt. Bossco, I really can't thank him enough.

Will need to change it soon, got three other main characters to get up.