24 (India adaptation) starring Anil Kapoor

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You see America adapt TV shows from overseas all the time (The Office, Being Human, Shameless, Life on Mars). Thought it might be interesting to see how things look when they go the other direction.

Apparently this is going to be pretty ambitious for Indian television for the scope of the show and number of episodes for one season.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkaIVbPpXk&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Interesting, Anil Kapoor was also in a season of 24. This could be good, wish I could understand Indian to watch it.

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Hindi. The language is Hindi. The people are Indian. Of course, Hindi is one of many languages in the country. But there is no language called "Indian."

4. Trekker4747

Figured it wasn't Indian, but couldn't think of the name of it. Eitherway, I don't speak it or understand it so I can't watch this series (or really get much from the trailer) which is a shame because Indian productions can be good and Anil Kapoor is a good actor.

5. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know what this show needs? Since it isn't in the same universe as 24 because of Kapoor playing the Kamistan President who died in S8. They totally need to try to get Keifer Sutherland in a cameo as the President of the United States.

6. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone's bound to subtitle it, or translate the captions. Could be interesting indeed.

One thing I'll never understand though is the sound quality in most Indian television productions, even modern ones. Half of the time it's obviously dubbed over, and the other half it's sounds like it's recorded by a guy holding up a land line telephone as a mike. Maybe we're spoiled in North America, but whenever I watch Indian productions I find the sound quality very distracting.

Mark

7. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Looks pretty interesting. I'd watch it if it had subtitles.

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

If it does get subtitled at some point, I'd be very interested in giving it a look. I feel like it was first talked about shortly after the original series ended, so it's cool to see that the project did indeed move forward.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm just waiting for the song and dance numbers with Karthik Bauer.

10. Trekker4747

Thrill as Indian Jack's daughter gets chased around for half the day by a cow!

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Very interesting. I saw at least one other big name actor that I recognized in the trailer. I bet my parents would be interested in this.

12. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Indian TV production is very cheaply done. You should see some of their popular soaps. So very very cheaply done.

13. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I wonder if the bad guys will have large moustaches. :) As someone who is an indophile and as well as a sinophile and anglophile, I wish them all the best.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I love that idea. I can see Sutherland being up for it too!

15. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

This wouldn't necessarily mean that it is set in a different universe, since actors often play different roles in the same show.

An actual obsatcle is the fact that many characters seem to be direct equivalents of their American counterparts. Apparently, there's an Indian Jack Bauer, an Indian Teri Bauer, an Indian Nina Myers, and an Indian George Mason. Similar characters, different names. It would require a lot of suspension of disbelief to accept these "coincidences".