Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really wish people would stop using comicbookmovie.com as a source for news, and yeah I know the article says possible...but that means nothing. They have a notorious reputation for getting stuff wrong and just plain making things up. Warner Bros has already told us that we wouldn't be getting the first trailer for six months, that was back in December. Its entirely possible they've changed their mind about the teaser but I doubt it. Find another source with this exactly description and I might believe it.

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I bet the first trailer will be attached to TDKR. It makes sense. Also, WB has done it before when they attached Superman Returns's trailer to Batman Begins.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

This. :techman:

7. Admiral_Young

Yep that would be around the six month mark. There's also comic con to consider as well. They'll probably roll out the cast and have SDCC exclusive footage or something similar.

I just re-read the article again...who would send a rough cut of a major block buster film due out NEXT SUMMER to a website with a reputation for making things up? LOL. I could understand sending a cut to Ain't it Cool or Cinemablend or someone like that but not comicbookmovies.com. I smell bullshit with this story.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  8. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

It makes a lot of sense. WB knows The Dark Knight Rises is going to make tons of money, so it's a perfect way to start spreading awareness for the project. Plus, studios love to premiere trailers for big, summer blockbusters a year in advance and debuting the Man of Steel trailer before Dark Knight Rises is perfect timing.

9. Admiral_Young

The only reason I say we could get something at Comic Con first is because it takes place the weekend before "The Dark Knight Rises" opens on the 20th. I fully expect their to be some kind of presence for "Man of Steel". Warner Bros opted out last year so it makes sense they would do something this year. They could debut the trailer at SDCC then still have it attached to TDKR :)

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I don't really buy that description. It sounds too much like what a fan would want to see in a Superman trailer.

Not to mention the fact that the scenes are all cut together in the exact order of the story-- which hardly ever happens in real trailers. And certainly not in Zack Snyder trailers.

11. Admiral_Young

I agree. Plus this would have been carried by other sites if it was even remotely a little true.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It seems a little too detailed to me for a first teaser. I could see maybe a few shots like those, but not that many big story points.

13. Admiral_Young

Plus I find it funny that someone would get a rough cut and then immediately go on the internet and describe scenes to what is essentially a locked down film lol. So yeah links to that website annoy me to no end.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

15. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

If that is true, then...

I think this is the first time a second female Kryptonian companion of Zod is mentioned. I wonder how many Kryptonians have survived?

16. Broccoli

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So it's not just me then? I'm not always good at judging the quality of dialog, but even I thought that was kinda weirdly written.

18. Broccoli

It seems somewhat stilted. Eh, who knows? It might turn out to be completely fake and written by some fan with nothing better to do with his/her time.

19. Admiral_Young

There's been a lot of "rumoured" dialogue and scenes on the net over the last several months. Like I said this film is locked down pretty good plot and script wise, like most of Nolan produced/written films. "Sucker Punch" had tight lock down as well script wise. I've seen some fan oriented stuff online but that's about it.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest