Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Did you honestly expect them to cast ugly actors for the show?:lol:

2. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would have applauded them if they did. At the very least they could have cast someone with different coloured hair.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not to mention that any cast is likely to look "generic" to us before we've gotten to know their faces and their distinctive personalities.

4. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

Well, yeah, I'm sure they're going to become much more interesting once we get to know their characters, but I think it is worth noting that they all seem to have the same hair and skin color and the same body type. Age-wise, there are some differences, but whoever photoshopped that image did their best to conceal that...

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm glad there is more than one female main character on this show. No one token female characters here!

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was kind of surprised to see such a young cast other than Ming-Na Wen and Clark Gregg. I really don't think it's good or bad at this point, but I was expecting a few more older characters in there.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Ugly" is taking things too far, but a show can have "normal" looking actors. This was one of my biggest complaints about the Americanized Being Human, they cast a bunch of typical too-good looking actors as opposed to the cast of the British show who look like normal everyday people.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Whereas I think Lenora Crichlow is significantly better-looking than Meaghan Rath (though she's not bad). And though I'm not much of a judge of male attractiveness, it seems to me that Aidan Turner is considered a rather good-looking fellow. So I don't think I'd agree that the UK Being Human cast look any more ordinary than their North American counterparts.

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Personally I feel they are attractive people but look like every day people, where as the North American counterparts are the "Hot" types we're supposed to find attractive.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The first look is online. It's not much but it's something. The MCU Facebook page I've dthinks the guy jumping out of the window might be Luke Cage.[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=pFZE3W1SF_Q[/yt]

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which is pretty much the point I was trying to make. The UK cast aren't ugly, they are attractive people in an everyday person sort of context, but the US cast (should I say "US cast" since they're all Canadian?) basically look like supermodels.

12. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's the promo:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yg_jaOPV_E&feature=player_detailpage[/yt]

13. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks pretty good. I wonder if Colbie Smulders will join the show in season two after How I Met Your Mother concludes. And also we could hopefully see all kinds of guest star spots for other characters we already know.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

"Don't touch Lola.":lol:

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I hope this happens, assuming the show is successful enough to get a Season 2.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Call it a long shot, but I'm going to say yes.

17. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Sam Huntington looks like a supermodel?

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Well, they're spies. Spies aren't supposed to be flashy and exciting.

So, given the reports of J. August Richards having an undisclosed role in the pilot, the preview footage, and the on-line speculation, I would think that it's a good bet that Richards is indeed playing Luke Cage. He wouldn't be my first choice for the character, but he's not a bad choice by any means. I think a "Heroes for Hire" series would be a natural spin-off for the MCU, so introducing a character like Cage early on could be strategic thinking.

19. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Making J August Richards Luke Cage is just going to lead to endless posts and speculation about which former Joss Whedon show actors would play Marvel characters again.

20. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This looks awesome. "Don't touch Lola!" This is going to be fun and awesome!