Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

PitAP, maybe? I know he was at LoNAF.

2. Aurian

Aurian Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, you really do keep detail about people around.. its a veritable trip down memorylane.

3. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

well, we're getting old (present company excluded, of course!) and it appears to be a typical oldtimer thing to remember ancient history better than current affairs :)

Thanks, M'sharak. It might indeed have been PitAP. Perhaps I still have an old chat log or a contact list somewhere. I'd just have to check who I have blocked.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    As I said before my 12th anniversary is next April...2001 was a great year for nOObs, wasn't it? The mad rush of interest caused by the end of Voyager and the start of Enterprise resulted in perhaps the biggest surge in board membership in its entire thirteen-year history.

You and I used to be co-drivers in the Admirals' Race threads, remember? I don't know if we still are...for a good long while after I stopped posting in them I saw that you and I were still listed as co-drivers of cars in the races and sometimes did pretty well considering neither one of was no longer an active participant! :p

5. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the first three, didn't laugh much after that. Hope you enjoy the Bluray. I expect I will see them again as they are repeated on Dave from now till the end of time.

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Looking at this thread I realize I just missed my 11th anniversary here.

Time flies...

:beer:

7. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I've been here since 2/2004. :)

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I am indeed!

9. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

That is true. But he seemed to be set apart from the typical young'uns back then, he had real issues that went beyond the trolling for lulz-type poster. I wasn't even sure he would survive to become older.

Mr. T'Bonz and I met Christian last year when we were in the Netherlands. I can say I had a drink with the great C-Meister. He's rather normal (not aloof or whatever people think of him) and much less shy than I think he was as a younger man.

Santaman and his brother came to town by train to meet up with us during the same trip (different meet-up though.) We had a nice lunch, with us laughing and talking incessantly about TrekBBS and all of the nutcases (including us, of course) around here.

10. rhubarbodendron

Yep, Santy told me afterwards. Had I known it earlier, I'd have rented a car and joined the meeting. It's just a 10 hour drive and my Dutch is good enough to rent a hotel room :). It'd have been fun to meet Santy and SpaceBall again.

Any chance of you and Mr'Bonz ever coming to Bavaria? I could show you around a bit. There are many lovely places the ordinary tourist doesn't get to.

11. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Nope.
    That one might post as Rincewind though...
    I have a added e...

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I to celebrate my 12th year on the boards next year as well (In March, I think). But I can't really remember what was going on board wise in 2001.

13. Gagh

Gagh Commodore Commodore

I blame Pere.

Damn, that felt good!

Batlh: PitaP / Joker / Jurgen is Dutch. I think you are right, I remember a Belgian too.

14. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

Piar? He's Swedish though...
    Phoonzang was I think American...
    Not Peter Octavian I assume...
    PG15? Pthalo Bluemoon? Puritan?

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm sure I deserve it for something!

16. rhubarbodendron

being male, you naturally do. We have a saying here: if you put all men in a sack and hit it at random, you'll never hit the wrong one. :nyah:

Thanks for trying to help me with that Belgian bloke. I'm fairly sure it was none of these. (btw, I remember Phtaloblue moon, is he still around? - somehow I always thought that was a female poster)
    I'll have a look on my old backups, perhaps I can find an ancient chat log or a contact list.

17. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Bastian? AdAstra?

18. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Remind me never to let you convince me to step into any sacks, or at the very least, remind me to wear a helmet!

19. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

Lol, Bastian and Calli, sworn enemies of the EFCL :rommie:

It's weird how even after all these years the same people are still posting here.

It's like coming home after a loooooooong holiday.

20. rhubarbodendron

Bas and calli were both members of EFCL. At that time they had their own board, though: Muked-SDG. It was hosted by Bas' boss. After 1 or 2 years he needed the serverspace and Bas and calli decided to let the board die. As it was a friendly and funny board, we members decided to not give up that easily and so I rented a server segment, registered a domain and 10 years later (exactly 10 years, today ! =) ) SDG is still there (though inactive).
    I've never again heard from bas and calli, though. Is anyone in contact with them?
    Naah, Addie is a nice guy (and Dutch, not Belgian. Admittedly a difficult difference, given the size - or lack of - of both countries *ducks and hides from Santaman and C* :D )