X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Keep in mind that these are just the actors saying that they would like to return. We still don't have any confirmation from Fox or Vaughn saying that this is what is going to happen.

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Vocal minorities often pose as majorities. It's kind of their thing.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

While I wouldn't go so far as to say I *hate* it, I certainly wouldn't describe it as "fine" either. It's by no mean in contention for the worst film ever made--or even the top 10 worst comic book films ever--but it's not exactly *good* either. I'd say somewhere on the poor side of mediocre.

For me, most of it's problems centre around the rather shabby way the characters were treated (pretty much all of them infact) and a general failure to build on the previous two movies. Basically not enough substance and too many wasted opportunities.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like TLS. It's not as good as the first two movies, or First Class, but I enjoyed it enough to own it.

5. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

The only scene is TLS that felt to me like a proper Marvel movie was Magneto moving the Golden Gate Bridge. The rest of the film (like the first two) was badly underplayed for the most part because it was more focused on it's allegorical content than it was kick-ass, jaw-dropping superheroics.

FC got it right: focus first on characters, then bring on the brawls!

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

If it were 30 minutes longer it could have been pretty sweet. As it is feels like its on fast forward when I watch it, every scene lasts about 20 seconds.

(Yeah I know X-Men 1 also had a short run time, but that didn't have 20 plots rammed into it like X3 did)

7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

You mean the dumbest scene ever filmed? The Golden Gate Bridge would snap in two without its support towers, so Mags must have been holding it together throughout the entire sequence, even though this is far beyond any of his previously demonstrated abilities, and he doesn't at all appear to be concentrating on holding it up.

Then he gets depowered, and it still remains intact.

UGH.

8. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Sorry, but it's not, really. Magneto in the books is a LOT more powerful than the Singer films portrayed him. Even Fassbender's Magneto was a bit weak, but he WAS just learning what all he could do.

9. Gaith

Even supposing I cared, which I don't, that explains how the bridge sticks together after Mags is depowered... how? ;)

10. Ethros

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^ Guards! Seize him! :lol:

Interesting that right after Mark Millar becomes the FOX "Marvel guy", the director of a Marvel movie jumps ship from a Marvel Comic movie to direct... a Mark Millar comic movie.

12. Ethros

Well let's hope to Marklar it is indeed Bryan Singer they choose

13. Admiral_Young

Interesting news indeed. This would make the second sequel that Vaughn has chosen or changed his mind on not returning as director in the last year. The first of course being "Kick-Ass 2". If Singer returns, I think there would be a lot of happy fans, including myself. Of course Bryan wanted to return for First Class but couldn't due to his iron clad contract for "Jack the Giant Killer".

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Oh My God!:eek:

At this point, I think it has to be Singer or it will be a bust!

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope it is Singer. Although Mathew Vaughn did prove that we can in fact get good X-Men movies directed by people other than Singer, so if they go with someone else I won't be totally heartbroken.

16. Gaith

HELLO!

[​IMG]

I CAN HAZ JOB??? :)

17. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Now I'm a little torn that Joss Whedon is busy with his Marvel Studios contract, because I'd love to see him helm an X-Men movie.

18. Maab of the Ten Tribes

Maab of the Ten Tribes Captain Captain

Vaughn is pissing me off with this quitting movies. This is now two x-men movies he's quit. He gave us a great prequel yes, but dude, move on. Quit committing to these movies and then decide not to do them.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Ratner- Put me in coach! I can make it under budget and on time!

Producer-Sit down Ratner we're not that desperate.

20. Admiral_Young

We need @JacksonArcher to direct this movie.