Titan eBook novella coming

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems S&S is cranking up the number of releases in the eBook novella line.

A week or so ago author John Jackson Miller has announced on his blog that he will write a Titan novella named Absent Enemies.

Source: The Trek Collective

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool. Glad to see that they're letting Titan go back to being a multi-author series.
    I'm curious about JJM writing a Trek story, the reactions to most of his Star Wars stuff seems to have been fairly positive.

3. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow I really like JJM's Star Wars stuff, so this is particularly exciting to me.

4. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Very cool! I love that they're getting into these eBook novellas more, now that the price is sane.

5. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sounds cool. It would be neat if Pocket Books released DS9 eBooks to tell the stories of what transpired between The Soul Key and Rough Beasts of Empire.

6. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

This is just awesome, JJM is one of my favorite Star Wars authors. He is also great at handling continuity and retcons.

7. JJMiller

JJMiller Writer Red Shirt

Thanks for the kind words! I'm a lifelong Trek fan, and I was really happy to get the opportunity to do this. The novella is kind of a way to get acclimated to writing in the milieu, but I'd be interested in doing more.

Freman likes this.
  8. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow JJM! Thanks for joining the board! We all really appreciate the authors who post here. I hope you stick around!

9. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

So, any juicy, sexy retcons?

10. Julio Angel Ortiz

Julio Angel Ortiz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welcome to the board! Been following your Star Wars stuff for a while (mostly the Lost Tribe of the Sith novellas, which I loved). With Titan being my favorite TrekLit series, I'm really looking forward to this. :)

11. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Congratulations! I'm also a fan of your Star Wars work; great to see you around here :)

12. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

John Jackson Miller!!!!!!!

Is it weird that I'm already looking forward to the writeup for the story on your blog? Your notes are always so thoughtful and entertaining.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Welcome to Star Trek! I'm a big fan of your work in Star Wars (which is my first love, in case my name didn't give it away :ouch:), particularly Knights of the Old Republic. Looking forward to seeing how you handle Trek! :techman:

14. Mimi

Mimi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would absolutely love this. I'm a big fan of ebooks in general, even if they just wanted to release short story 'chunks'.

Titan is the series I am planning on reading next, so this will be all the more motivation to get moving on that.

15. JJMiller

JJMiller Writer Red Shirt

Thanks, everyone. Can't guarantee how often I can make the rounds on the boards, but I'm glad to be here. I took my first stab at Trek with a TNG-era Scotty story I sent into Strange New Worlds way back in 2000; if I'd kept at it, I might have done something like this sooner. But I'm glad to have the chance now!

16. SpaceCadetJuan

SpaceCadetJuan Ensign Newbie

I've been a fan of Mr. Miller since his day of contributing to the Comics Buyers Guide-- it's been cool to see him make the jump from covering genre projects to producing them.

17. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welcome to the jungle JJM :devil:

Really looking forward to this, love Titan & can't wait to see what you've got up uour sleeve.

18. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unlike most of the others here, I have never heard of Mr Miller or read any of his books. But you all seem to like him so I'm happy to give him a try, and any new Titan is always good news.

19. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Same her to be honest.

My Star Wars Lit experience pretty much entails reading Deathtroopers by Joe Schreiber and I think I read the TPM novelization over a decade ago.

Anyway, I'm toying with the idea to get "Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories to get a feeling for JJM's writing, so I have a question for those more in the know:

It seems like those stories are stand-alonish, although they seem to be a prequel to a novel series. Am I understanding that right, or would you say it wouldn't make much sense to read that book without knowing Fate of the Jedi?

20. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Welcome aboard ! It would be good if you can find the time to post occasionally, whether or not you've got anything due out.

You might want to contact the moderators regarding getting a 'Writer' tag on your posts !