The least disliked episode of TNG - Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by BlueStuff, Jul 25, 2013.

1. depp91

depp91 Ensign Newbie

I'll delete Sins Of The Father, as it's generally overrated and I don't like Klingon-centered episodes that much... Please forgive me!

The Ensigns of Command
    The Enemy
    The Defector
    Deja Q
    The Offspring
    Hollow Pursuits

2. Ysmalari

Ysmalari Ensign Red Shirt

Ok I'll take out The Ensigns of Command, it's not a terrible episode, but Gosheven's peformance (not helped by the whole dubbing 'incident') really let's it down and some of the dialogue on the surface is a bit clunky.

The Enemy
    The Defector
    Deja Q
    The Offspring
    Hollow Pursuits

3. depp91

depp91 Ensign Newbie

Am I allowed to delete another episode?
    If so, I'll delete The Enemy. I was a bit disappointed with it when I watched the remastered episode, the episode had touched me more when I saw it for the first time a few years ago.

The Defector
    Deja Q
    The Offspring
    Hollow Pursuits

4. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

I say good-bye to "The Offspring". After "Measure of a Man" in season 2, Data having a child in season 3 seemed like an unnecessary add-on to me.

The Defector
    Deja Q
    Hollow Pursuits

5. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know how Hollow Pursuits got this far along without being eliminated, but now's the time to say goodbye to Mr. Broccoli. Easily not as good as the other episodes

The Defector
    Deja Q

6. Mario de Monti

Well I can understand your reason no. 1 - but no. 2? Seriously? And when you say "one of the best cliffhangers", which is/are better? I´m honestly interested, since I didn´t watch all of DS9 an VOY.

7. CmndrSela318

CmndrSela318 Trek BBS Commander Number 318. Red Shirt

I'll remove The Defector because Deja Q is one my two favorite Q episodes and I want it to win.
    Plus I hate The Defector.

Deja Q

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I think that this is one of the most suprising results.

9. CmndrSela318

This is fun. Let's do season 4 NOW. I want Data's Day to win. :D
    Or if it gets voted out, I want to be the one to do it. :(

10. Mario de Monti

Yep, "Data´s Day" should definitely be among the final 5 :techman:

11. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How did The Price survive so long and Who Watches The Watchers? so little! Gutted to have missed this one...

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would say BOBW might be the best cliffhanger in Trek, but I would actually rank Scorpion up there. The shock of seeing Species 8472 destroying an entire planet was extremely shocking, mainly because we found that one race that can beat the borg. I was so excited for part 2 and when that aired, it ended up making a great two parter.

As for episodes with more rewatchability, the shock value of BOBW kind of goes out the window after a few watches. I would watch episodes like Sarek and The Defector more than I would go back to BOBW mainly because the overall episode is just great.

13. Mario de Monti

Okay, thanks. I haven´t seen a lot of Voyager as I said, so I guess I missed something after all :)

As to BOBW, I never get tired of it and can always re-live that cliffhanger moment.

14. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't mean to be a party-pooper but you're not really allowed to remove episodes just because you want to prevent them from doing well. That's tactical voting. Do you actually dislike these episodes? If so, that's fine, but don't take them out just to make things interesting. Something to keep in mind for the future. :)

15. CmndrSela318

I really do dislike The Defector. I find it boring.

16. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm beginning to think you're actually Sela, and you're deleting any episode that shows Romulans in a negative light. :lol:

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, Voyager gets a lot of criticism, but I would really recommend Scorpion. I don't think it gets as much love as other season finales/premieres, but it's probably in my top 5 favorite episodes of the series, and the season finale is my favorite of the 7 finales. Plus, part 2 introduced 7 of 9 and who didn't like that.

18. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I feel like there's some of that going on, voting down something because it's often celebrated, & wanting to exempt it from competing legitimately