Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I got it. Just didn't comment on it.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know who worked well together in A Night at the Museum II?

Darth Vader and Oscar the Grouch.

Get the fricking band back together.

3. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Screw Anakin Skywalker, they should just put some new evil bastard in the Vader suit and carry on with a new Darth Vader.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

*Leia slaps Vader*

Vader- This never happened to the other fella.

;)

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is what he wears a customized one off, or does everyone who has suffered horrific burns wear a near identical life support outfit?

If his suit is massproduced, odds are that it comes in a lot of other colours than black.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Vader! The Gay Blade!

7. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wasn't there some passed on idea in the EU about having someone putting on Vader's suit or something? I think it's a bad idea, just like I think resurrecting Vader is a bad idea. We saw him on a pyre in ROTJ and then as a Force Ghost. With Maul, at least they had the wiggle room of not seeing his corpse.

Let the character die with some honor and dignity, and just create new villains. I hope this is just a rumor, but if it isn't, this project is already in trouble. They might as well just adapt the Thrawn trilogy, Dark Empire, Crimson Empire, or the New Jedi Order.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't mind the new villain wearing a Vader knock off costume, but it better not be Crispy Old Anakin.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought I heard once the EU did something where Anakin/Vader actually ended up with two Force Ghosts, one of Anakin and one of Vader?

Hey, I'm not saying I like the idea, but it gets you Vader without gutting the redemption at the end of ROTJ.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That just sounds terrible. Two force ghosts? :wtf:

What's next? Midichlorians with force ghosts?

11. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

12. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

that idea is horrible. It would add nothing to the overall story of a Jedi/Sith war and makes no sense..... Why would the Emperor save, and keep, a half-assed (literally) version of Vader around when he could defrost the Anakin clone and get a full powered version to be his personal gang banger? Peeps really need to lay off the Vader coke. I hope someone at Lucasfilm will put these silly rumors to bed quick.

13. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

This was the initial idea for Dark Empire. That the armor would be passed onto someone new. There are touches of this idea in the Old Republic MMO with the armor worn by the Sith Warriors being clear predecessors to Vader's armor.

I think you may be confusing your own ideas or fan canon with the Expanded Universe. The position of the EU has always been Anakin was redeemed.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  14. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they want to bring Vader back physically, I'd actually be more okay with tying it into the underdeveloped prophecy idea. Anakin was a virgin birth with unusually high force potential. Reincarnating him though the force or having him resurrect Gandalf style are - if not ideal - more narratively satisfying solutions than just cloning the guy off an assembly line.

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Either way, would he really re-scar himself in order to need the suit? To have Vader back in the iconic suit and have it be Anakin requires a pretty convoluted set of circumstances storywise.

16. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

this too! I'd laugh my ass off if they bring Vader back... as Anakin. The character universally hated from the PT. The reaction from all the Vaderheads when the news leaks would be priceless.... especially when they find out he was Gandalf'd by Leia! I can see it now..... Leia: "Han, I'm pregnant...." Han: "That's wonderful!" Leia: ".....it's not yours. ummmm... the shit just happened out of nowhere! Seriously" Han: "Pack up your shit and get the F out of my Falcon, bitch." How would that be for a curveball? Anyway, the whole idea is ludicrous and will not happen, hence why bother bringing it up?

17. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

18. I'm really excited about the new Star Wars movies but would lose any and all enthusiasm if that rumor (which i think is BS) turns out to be true, that they're going to resurrect Darth Vader.

That's so stupid, it totally invalidates (in a dramatic character sense) the ending of ROTJ. And it would display such a massive lack of imagination, that it would just be a disappointment. "You were excited about seeing something new from Star Wars? HAHA sucks to be you, we're just doing a rehash".

I know Darth Vader is iconic, but the idea that the series can't survive as movies without him is actually pretty silly. People accept that Darth Vader is dead. He had about as definitive a death as possible. Nobody's really expecting to see him in Episode 7. Not necessary at all.

19. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, No, No. You're missing the big picture. Sony & Disney do a cross-promotional deal: Star Wars VII: (Force-)Ghostbusters III

20. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral