So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

You won't regret it. Children is an amazing book. It makes my mouth water thinking about the next VOYR book :drool:

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Dunno, not sure what I'm in the mood for...

3. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    Just a few minutes ago finished TNG 'The Children Of Hamlin' by Carmen Carter. Although a light read i found it very enjoyable. 4/5

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I just re-read Star Trek: New Frontier: Captain's Table: Once Burned.

5. WarsTrek1993

WarsTrek1993 Captain Captain

Just finished re-reading Misery. I haven't read much Stephen King, but this book was great! Really screwed up at several points. (The whole ax to the leg moment was the worst).

Now reading Assignment Eternity!

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Instaed od reading the Titan novel i started reeading Ben Bova's novel that's the thirds book of his Mars Trilogy.I liked the first 2 books in this series.

7. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a fantastic performance. I deliberately didn't read it or a synopsis beforehand and loved discovering it on the stage. Enjoy the show!

I've been reading lots of comics alongside Last Call and wrote short reviews of some for my blog here. More reviews will come soon.

8. WarsTrek1993

After Assignment Eternity, I'm now reading "Sarek" by A.C. Crispin. AE was brilliant, thank you, Greg Cox for another good read!

9. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I just finished re-reading Replay by Ken Grimwood. It's still one of my all-time favorite books. I'm following it up by re-reading another of my favorites: Dying Inside by Robert Silverberg.

10. DaveR

DaveR Commander Red Shirt

Cool to see two fellow Vancouverites!

I'm currently reading the last Fate of the Jedi book, soon to be followed by the latest Jim C. Hines book, Libriomancer.

11. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reading Star Wars: Jedi- The Dark Side. Not all that great so far.

12. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I just finished A Man on the Moon, a history of Apollo by Neil Chaikan. Absolutely stellar.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks! I had been waiting for years to bring Gary Seven and Roberta back.

Snaploud: I agree. Replay is a great book. I was plugging it at Shore Leave just last weekend. (As I recall, it won the World Fantasy Award way back when.)

14. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Currently, I've got "How firm a foundation" by David Weber on the go. I'll certainly get the next in the series next month when it comes out.

15. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Just finished Grant Morrison's first volume of Action Comics. It was great! No one does Superman like Grant :techman:

16. WarsTrek1993

Well, I'm glad you reunited the two, in addition to Gary's trusty feline. :)

I suppose I should also note that The Exile Of Khan was mesmerizing.

17. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I just finished Psych: Mind-Altering Murder by William Rabkin. Surprisingly, I'm pretty disappointed in this novel, considering how much I liked the first two in the series (Mind Over Magic, specifically, was very funny). For some reason the characters seemed really out of character in this one (except for Lassiter), which is odd because the characterizations were spot on in the other two novels I read.

Up next is Starfleet Academy: The Assassination Game.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just read the short story "The Mongolian Wizard" by Michael Swanwick on Tor.com. I thought it was pretty cool. It's well written, and takes place in a what seems to be a pretty cool fantasy universe. .
    It follows a young German (I think) nobleman, in a world were the European nobility is made up almost entirely of wizards. I'm not very good at identifying time periods, but if I had to guess I'd say it was sometime in the 1800s. There's also a second story following one of the characters called "The Fire Gown" that I'll probably start tomorrow.
    My Rating: 9/10
    I actually just discovered Tor.com a couple months ago, but this was the first time I checked out one of their short stories.

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just finished The Long Earth by Stephen Baxter & Terry Pratchett. A very interesting idea and some decent characters, but the ending was rushed and left much to be desired. I'm hoping for a sequel.

About 2/3rds through The Walls of the Universe by Paul Melko. Absolutely fantastic novel so far. I'm going to try and finish it tonight.

20. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I just finished Q-Squared by Peter David. What a ride! I haven't read much of David before, but the two Q novels I've read from him so far this year have both been hilarious. I think I might have to look up his pre-Destiny TNG relaunch novel.