Chuck -3x14 -"Chuck vs. the Honeymooners"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by the Dagman, Apr 26, 2010.

?

Rate the episode

1. Awesome!

74.2%
  2. Big Mike

25.8%
  3. Chuck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Morgan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Emmett Milbarge Memorial Stink Award

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Welcome back. After two Chuck-less Mondays, we are now back into Chuckdays and the six episode stretch to finish off the season. It's been said they are approaching these six episodes as it's own mini-season, a season 3a.

We pick up where we left off, in Paris, Chuck and Sarah together finally, Morgan is an official member of Team Bartowski much to the dismay of General Beckman, and Chuck is now a full fledged spy.

Chuck and Sarah hop a train for a rogue romantic adventure -- but discover that old spy habits die hard.

Sit back, have some fun and let's enjoy the ride.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Wow, those two weeks flew by. For some reason I was thinking it wasn't coming back yet.

AND I HAVE THE DAY OFF! I CAN WATCH IT WHEN IT AIRS!!! :D

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Okay, that was definitely awesome! And once again, it could have served as a great series finale.

General Beckman: "It's about damn time." :lol: No kidding!

4. elaithin

elaithin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed. A lot of payoff here on the Chuck/Sarah front - the bits with the prisoner listening in on the conversation was hilarious. As was the opener, with them making up for lost time. A bit predictable for their subplot, but still good.

The best parts for me were Spy!Morgan. I'm continually entertained by how good he is at this stuff, and I like the partnering of him with Casey quite a bit.

Jeffster: Unplugged was pretty good too. :D

5. Quo Vadimus

Quo Vadimus Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, Jeffster was surprisingly good. And I really like the song they sang too.

As for Sarah and Chuck, I think Beckman hit the nail on the head -- about time, indeed. :lol:

6. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

That was really enjoyable. I was curious to see how they'd have Chuck+Sarah, super spy couple play out and it actually made sense with how everything else in the show has played out. Morgan's usefulness to Casey and the CIA seemed a little forced but nothing I couldn't suspend my disbelief for. I liked Jeffster Unplugged too, which is rare for me to say about Jeffster.

Knowing the show has a finite lifespan (a few more episodes this season and likely one more season next year) and isn't going to run forever also makes me confident that there won't be too much useless filler, not that this is a problem for Chuck, unlike some other shows I watch.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This is definitely something that impressed me quite a bit. The show has almost completely changed its premise from the first two seasons, but it happened in such a natural way that it's still very much the same show.

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great episode all around. They pack a lot of good stuff into 42 minutes. They even had Sarah showing off the bod more than usual! Spy Grimes was good, especially in Chloe from 24 data analyst mode, Jeffster unplugged... Yep, win all around.

9. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

I like the idea that Chuck can flash in crisis situations easier now that he's with Sarah. It makes him more confident, thus the easier flash (I think).

10. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

That's how I interpreted his easier flashes too. And all it took was for him to gain that ability was to finally get some. :devil:

11. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

GREAT episode! So much payoff! Yes, this could have been the series finale!

I have this uneasy feeling though, that as the show progresses now, that some how Chuck is going to screw things up between him and Sarah, if not Chuck, then some external force, and we are going to go back to square one. I just have this uneasy feeling that it isn't going to last, and the angst between them is going to come back. I truly hope this isn't the case, but the whole Chuck/Sarah getting together thing seems like more of a series finale kind of thing than a mid season kinda thing. It leaves room for them to break up again, and then finally in the very end, come together for reals and maybe finally go off and live the life outside of the spy world. I hope that is the ending for the series at least. Morgan obviously becoming a real spy must also happen, finally inducted into the CIA in the finale. Oh yeah, and I do like that he can flash on command now, as it should be.

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Sadly there's nothing beyond Awesome to vote for so it'll have to do.

This was the one episode i was waiting for.. where everything came together and it worked beautifully.. Chuck showing real stamina in the beginning with Sarah (though everybody will know the feeling when you are freshly in love and able to express that physically :devil:), Grimes with his own version of James Bond and Beckman finally showing some emotion other than anger or frustration (i nearly fell off my chair when i saw her picture on Chucks phone :guffaw::guffaw:).

I love this show to death.. it is one of the very few shows that's kept me entertained from the beginning and is currently only getting better.
    I hope they can keep up this quality for a long time to come.

13. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

Sarah was ESPECIALLY orgasm-inducing in this episode for some reason. Maybe it's the for once totally unbridled sizzling chemistry between her and Chuck

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

For me it was the southern accent. :p

15. jadcox@mindspring.com

jadcox@mindspring.com Commodore Commodore

I just open Ellie and Awesome will be back from Africa soon. I'll miss them.

16. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, no, he "got some" earlier in the season with Hannah and that didn't help him any. It's not a matter of "getting some" -- it's a matter of finally being with the woman he loves.

As for my reaction...

Really, this episode was pure sap. And I'm just fine with that. Most shows just angst away with the Unresolved Sexual Tension -- it's about time a show out there resolves that sexual tension and just has fun with sap for a while.

17. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

I have to agree with every single thing you said. Right down to the reaction to Beckman's picture on Chuck's phone. Both my nephew (who I have hooked onto the show this season) and I nearly fell out of our chairs when we saw that. You could hear her exasperated "Chuck..." just looking at it. And her "it's about time" line near the end... I just love that woman and her character.

18. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    only one small question:

how is chuck science fiction and fantasy?

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chuck has a computer in his head.

20. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

She deserves props, an Australian women doing an American accent doing a Southern American accent, heh, she has some talent