Looking for Avatar Help? Check here!

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by Guest, Jul 9, 2003.

1. jeetervarul2

jeetervarul2 Commander Red Shirt

Re: NEED AV HELP

Great Now it works! I must have dome something wrong! Thank you again for your help! How did you find out what the URL was to teh actual picture anyway? In case i want to cahnge it down the road?

2. jeetervarul2

Now it works! I must have done something wrong last time Thank you so much! How did you find the URL to the actual picture though? In case I want to change it later. Thank you ;)

3. Teldune Arcania

Teldune Arcania Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I went to your av page that you gave a link to and got the url off the picture by right-clicking it and selecting properties. It lists the complete url.

4. Technomage

Technomage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Right click on the image, then select 'Properties'. The URL is one of the items listed. :cool:

5. jeetervarul2

Thanks Guys! I didnt think of teh properties part!

6. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

I didn't see a way to upload my avatar to your site. Do I email the pic to you?

7. Teldune Arcania

The TrekBBS doesn't support uploading your avatar. You must have your on webspace in which to store it. If you need storage, some people use http://www.photobucket.com/ to store their images.

8. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy Dangerously Sexy Rear Admiral

Indeed. It also might be easier to use any webspace provided to you via your ISP. They often give you at least 5 megs and plenty enough bandwidth to handle an avatar.

9. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

Does anybody know how to resize a pic for an avatar. I am clueless.

10. Teldune Arcania

I recommend "The Gimp" (www.gimp.org). Though, there are alot of others out there. I use Gimp for everything.

11. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

Teldune, I think gimp has a high learning curve. I tried it but wasn't too successful.

Another, easier program for resizing is Irfanview, it should have an option to resize the picture you want.

12. Technomage

Technomage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An even easier to use, and online image editor - nothing to download - is MyImager.

Just upload the image you like, select 'Resize' under the 'Edit' menu, then either resize by percentages, or by entering a value in pixels into the appropriate box/boxes. To find out how big an image is before resizing it, just right click on it, then choose 'Properties'.

BTW, you need to keep your avatar to no more than 80 x 80 pixels. :cool:

13. Anna1

Anna1 Admiral Admiral

It does have the option. Just open the picture in it, click Image, then type the size you want it to be, IIRC. You can also change the extension when you save it.

14. Teldune Arcania

That it does a little bit. It has more functions than some of the more basic software packages. I have used Irfanview before for such purposes and like it. So it comes recommended as well.

15. admiralelectron

admiralelectron Vice Admiral Admiral

If you need your avatar resize you can try various porograms include Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo Studio. They had user friendly instructions both in their demo and full packages. If you need someone to host your avatar, try Photobucket. I used to use them before switching to my own web site. If you wish I can host your avatar for you. Just drop me a PM if you need the help. I will even resize them for you if necessary.

16. IsntDaveOne

IsntDaveOne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. PointyHairedJedi

PointyHairedJedi Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm more than happy to make avs for people if they have a suitable picture. Just PM me.

18. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks everybody. I think I got it.

19. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks all, took some doing, but I finally got it resized so that it will stay

20. Galactus

Galactus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So how do I make one of those avatars like Top41 and Temis have. I want to make one of Galactus like that.