Titan eBook novella coming

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Judith Sisko

Judith Sisko Commander Red Shirt

Unimportant to whom?

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can read them on your computer. As far as I know all of the e-readers also have free PC or Apple apps that you can download and then use to read E-books on your computer.

3. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't mind reading an ebook, but I could see how the rise of ebooks would be distressing to a collector who can't have them sitting beautiful and organized on their bookshelf.

4. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Make that two ;)

Nah, it's not a real complaint, but I just don't like sitting behind my computer reading books/novella's, and I don't like e-readers.

5. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

JJMiller - official Star Trek authors (such as yourself) are entitled to have a custom rank of "Writer" under their name. If you want one, send a message to T'Bonz who will sort it out for you.

6. JJMiller

JJMiller Writer Red Shirt

This is short of an official announcement, but at least judging from Amazon, we have a release date for this of February 24. As usual with catalog listings, these sorts of things are tentative until you see word from the publisher.

7. JJMiller

Thanks! I would, but the messaging system is disabled until you make 50 posts. I expect that won't happen overnight, so if someone could pass the word for me, that'd be excellent. Much appreciated!

8. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know if it would be considered any more official than Amazon, but the S&S site has February 24th down as the release date too.

10. JJMiller

Thanks! Looks like it's been taken care of. And yes, I guess being on the official site would tend to make that date official! :)

(Personal score today: picked up a boxful of 50 Trek novels at a garage sale this afternoon, a collection going all the way back to the Log books. I had a bunch of them already, but it was the sort of thing you don't pass up!)

11. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

12. JJMiller

I just like having the books. I'm flexible on format as a writer (as evidenced by the e-book novella) but as a reader I default to the print version whenever possible. I'd also foolishly loaned a bunch of books out in college that never came back, and I can see there are a few of those in here. (Odds are, probably not the same copies!)

13. YubYubCommander

YubYubCommander Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Welcome to the boards and Star Trek Mr. Miller! I can't express how excited I am for your novella. Knight Errant is one of my favorite Star Wars novels that have been released in recent years.

14. JJMiller

Thanks! Be sure to check out the hardcover section of your store -- my KENOBI novel came out a couple weeks ago.

15. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm a big fan of your Star Wars work - I love Kenobi. Very excited to see what you do with Star Trek.