The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Bonnie's mom's explination didn't really cut it for me, so I think she's a bit too forgiving so far.

At least we know how Michael got where he was in that crypt.

Klaus' hybrids are the show's "red shirts". (It used to be Mystic Falls' deputies who were dying left and right.)

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I will answer this here Disruptor since it is about Elena...

Ric is suppose to be her guardian now...so maybe he is paying for things...but I hate they limit the parents and just have teens running wild. :lol:

3. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I found that I cared more for Bonnie's mom's foundling than her.

How did Klaus and his hordes find Bonnie's mom? I must have missed that.

Overall the best part was Damon holding up that stake. He stole the most important coffin and then unleashed Elijah on his baby brother.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It is back tonight! :)

S3 EP13 "Bringing Out the Dead"

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ggj-IWS1z8[/yt]

The Vampire Diaries Webclip 3x13 - Bringing Out the Dead [HD]

Can't wait! :D

5. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

tonight was a fantastic episode. the originals are back together as one big happy family. one question who played there mother was that nana visitor?

If so :drool::drool::drool::drool:

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Esther is played by Alice Evans.

Anyway...so the original family is back. Ugh...not been excited about this...I like Elijah and Rebekah...Klaus is meh. Touching moment with Caroline and her dad. :( Over all this ep was pretty good. My TV was cutting in and out...did Elijah & Klaus insuate that Tatia is still alive? Cause Nina would be playing 3 characters. :lol:

7. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My daughter loves this series.:techman:

8. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

This serial killer plot seems like something just to give the non vamp characters something to do.

Alaric dies every week like Kenny.

I'd imagine those brothers being coffined for like centuries would be totally bewildered by the 21st century.

9. js

js Captain Captain

THIS. My immediate reaction was "they killed Alaric AGAIN?" I was picturing the actor having the same reaction when he got the script. LOL

The mom being in the coffin was a letdown - it was the obvious guess with the original Petrova being the second choice. I was hoping it would be something really out of the blue, especially with the bloody handprints all over the walls at Elena's house and the discussion with Caroline of her losing her parents and weird stuff happening with Alaric's ring and that somehow it might be Elena's father. That at least would have been a "wow - interesting!" This was more of a "oh, yeah."

10. Kosh Naranek

I figured since Bonnie kept seeing Klaus holding the original witch's talisman they would go there.

One brother (Cole I think) was only boxed for about a century they said. So maybe he knows what cars and stuff are? However, I think Finn had been sleeping since Shakespeare. Talk about a rude awakening.

Can they just kill Klaus and let me keep Elijah?

I don't see how they are going to resolve the whole original vampire thing unless they become "law-abiding" citizens and sit around braiding one another's hair.

I get the sense that they may be trying to make the new killer the big bad and keep Klaus + siblings around.

11. Kosh Naranek

I am beginning to be quite bored by the whole Damon/Elena/Stefan storyline. I still find Damon's one-liners amusing, but could care less about his devotion to Elena.

Right now I am more intrigued by the original family and what they will get up to.

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

New ep TONIGHT! :)

S3 EP14 "Dangerous Liaisons"
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEGA6Wcq1i8[/yt]

Promo

Looks great! :D

Ten Things About Thursday Night’s Vampire Diaries “Dangerous Liaisons”.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Pretty good ep...so Klaus is smitten with Caroline for realz. :ack: Esther wants to kill her children...interesting. Rebekah was beautiful...liked her with Matt but Damon!? :rolleyes:
    Elena(Nina Dobrev) was absolutely radiant in that dress. :adore:

14. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

So one brother is a nutcase and the other is a momma's boy...gee, they make Elijah and Klaus seem more interesting.

Elena having a poo-poo face because Esther wants to atone for centuries of her family MURDERING PEOPLE (including Elena's aunt!). Elena needs a freaking clue.

Disappointed Alaric didn't die in this one. ;)

15. Kosh Naranek

I am now taking bets on who kills mama this time around. Did we not just get the whole kill your kids storyline with Mikal?

Elijah was looking very fine in that tux.

I am ready for Kol and Finn to die. I don't care about them one jot.

16. js

js Captain Captain

Kol seems like a generic psychopath and Finn is what - just a momma's boy ready to die? I hope the writers give them something more to work with than that. Otherwise they need to be killed off quickly.

Was it obvious to anyone else that Elijah did NOT drink from that glass of magical champagne and instead just pretended to? I was disappointed in Elena for not confiding in him, but I suppose her caution is warranted given his past pro-Klaus behavior. But he's still really the only truly interesting member of that family, The rest - meh. Though I do like the lovestruck Klaus courting Caroline.

17. Kosh Naranek

I was hoping that Elijah did not drink, but the blood flowed to all of the names.

I rewatched the ep over the weekend. I actually liked it better on the second viewing.

However, I am still not loving the main trio. I find Damon amusing, but I cannot stand the whole pull and tug with Elena.

I find all of the other characters more compelling.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

New Ep tonight! :)

S3 EP15 "All My Children"
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrHT0e7Xw6Q&feature=related[/yt]

Promo

Looks good! :bolian:

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Kinda an odd way to leave things since it won't return till March 15th. :sigh: I may re-watch this early next week when it is online...I missed an important 5 minutes apparently. :lol: I will say...WTF! Meredith!? I am looking forward to "1912" on March 15th with Cassidy Freeman(Tess Mercer from SMALLVILLE) as Sage. :D :adore:

20. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

SPOILERS

Anti-climatic non-resolution to the Michaelson family reunion I knew it would.

Thanks to Damon unstaking Elijah, a vamp like Cole is loose as is Rebecca again. And Bonnie's mom is a vampire.

Thanks to Elena, who is almost as counterproductive to everyone's salvation as Gilligan on Gilligan's Island, 5 nigh-unkillable vampires are all still around to kill more innocents. (We might assume Finn doesn't kill, but who knows...maybe he hates what he is because he can't control it?)

Alaric...luckless chump.

Caroline: "She loves you, it's just that when you're trouble it's always Bonnie who always suffers."

Elena: "That's not true, Caroline. You've also suffered. I mean, you were turned into a vampire by my evil lookalike. You were tortured by your own vampire-hating father. You fell in love with a werewolf who became a hybrid and attacked you. Your dad died and then became a vampire and died for real. Now you've got Klaus obsessed with you."