Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Not that it should, but I hope none of this affects the blu-ray release of season five.

Since now I'm so close to having the whole series.

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed.... I'd also like to add that there is a serious saturation of sci-fi parodies and 'clever send-ups' and cosmic knee slapping buffoonery everywhere you look... why they ever though they needed to do an official spoof series is utterly lost on me. I was satisfied with Spaceballs and haven't seen anything since that was funnier.

Yes, however The Clone Wars "ends" I'd like to have it on my shelf, too. Here's hoping it doesn't go "exclusive downloads-only."

I adored the format most of all.

Movies are too long. 22.5 minutes was perfect for a lunch break, before bed, etc. I wonder why people even bother trying to make television shows anymore, they never seem to satisfy the bean counters. Even if a television series is wildly successful they can't wait to get it off broadcast and into a theatre.

I don't actually think Star Trek will ever make it back to the small screen.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The video below from Filoni shows a fully animated and voiced clip, so obviously at least some of them will be in the same type of animation as the series proper. If it's not moving to Disney XD, then I wouldn't be surprised if it was done as either web series or direct to video/download type thing.
    I'm really curious what new era the new series will be set in. Someone up thread mentioned the era between ROTJ and VII, and that does seem like the most likely setting to me. That or between the first two trilogies or pre-Prequels.

4. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It seems like there is quite a lot of completed, but unaired episodes. This claims that much of season 6 was completed back in November.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/tv/43...ng-cartoon-network-season-7-in-doubt?page=all

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That's what I figured. Given the looooooong production cycle of this show, when they say it's canceled today they've already been producing an entire season of unaired episodes before this.

6. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Most likely scenario: They'll stitch the completed episodes into four or five TV-movies that'll air on Disney XD over the next year, then cut it back up into its' original format (including any stories too short to fit into the TV-movies) and release it as the "Complete Season Six" on Blu-Ray the following year just in time for the release of Episode VII.

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Oh, Disney slapping any leftover, unaired episodes on DVD and BluRay and selling them in every big box store in the nation is a guarantee. Even if they don't air them online or on Disney XD first they'll cobble together some Collector's Series multidisc set and have it on sale by the end of the year or the beginning of 2014.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It's possible they could just show the 6th season as originally planned, just on DXD instead of CN. This could be the kind of cancellation announcement that's not "We're pulling it off the air now" but instead "We've decided that its next season will be its last" -- like with Eureka, say.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're being really coy if they are just simply planning to air on Disney XD. I mean it's possible but given that it's been seen as a foregone conclusion until recently I'd wonder why all the smoke and mirrors.

10. cooleddie74

I wonder how smart a move airing new episodes on XD will be though. The last time I heard XD was available in considerably fewer homes than Cartoon Network and as a result I can't imagine the ratings for some sort of Clone Wars mini-run on this channel being on par with what the series was getting when it still aired in prime time on CN, a much more established cable network with a very strong and determined following both before the Adult Swim programming bloc as well as earlier in the day.

But hey, whatever they want to do....it's not like the fans have any say in what will happen anyways. I just think it's a little odd that the producers have been lamenting the declining ratings on CN and there's at least some possibility that the final episodes of the story will air on a channel that gets even smaller numbers.

11. Mr. Adventure

^^ You may be right

Marvel’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” ranked as the network’s #1 animated series of 2012 in Total Viewers (847,000), with “Ultimate Spider-Man” #1 in Boys 2-11 (210,000/1.0 rating), Boys 6-14 (204,000/1.1 rating), Boys 6-11 (153,000/1.2 rating) and Boys 9-14 (131,000/1.1 rating).

Cartoon Network Premiere Ratings (February 25th - March 3rd, 2013)

[Mon - 7:30pm] Adventure Time - 2,695,000 viewers
    [Mon - 8:00pm] Regular Show - 2,441,000 viewers
    [Sat - 9:30am] Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 2,181,000 viewers
    [Sat - 10:00am] Green Lantern: The Animated Series - 1,724,000 viewers
    [Sat - 10:30am] Young Justice: Invasion - 2,045,000 viewers

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well as we've discussed many times before, it shouldn't come as a surprised that most of season six is completed since Filoni has stated that they usually work on the next season while the current season is still in production. They would have most likely already completed the majority...if not all of season six by now. I'm still thinking that we will see it on Disney XD. I didn't think it would last beyond another season anyway.

13. Christopher

I didn't say they'd already decided and were trying to deceive us for some reason; I just said it might be a possibility. It sounds like they're considering a variety of options and haven't decided which one is best yet. All I'm saying is that moving the series to DXD is one of the options they may be considering.

14. Stephen!

Unless it's deemed to be too violent for Disney XD.

15. cooleddie74

There were episodes of the series that Cartoon Network considered much too violent and even risque. There's a famous scene from a Season 3(?) episode where Asajj Ventress seductively kisses the severed head of a dead Clone Trooper and the network edited it out of the episode.

If Ted Turner's folks won't abide some scenes then you just know the Disney people would be on pins and needles about some scenes and details in a series depicting a violent war between forces of good and evil.

16. Stephen!

Even with shows such as Power Rangers, Disney seemed stricter with the censorship compared to the Fox Kids days.

17. Mr. Adventure

That wasn't necessarily targeted at you specifically just the idea that it might be on XD (expressed by many). And it may well be the case, not the first time one of those "world's worst secrets" are still presented as some big event. I just think it will be a let down if the "thing they can't tell us yet" ends up being that.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

"I sense a disturbance in the force." :)

19. cooleddie74

They should just take the straight-to-DVD and BluRay route, that way you won't have scores of viewers who can't watch the episodes because they don't get Disney XD. Edit them together into one long movie, package it in a Collector's Edition box with at least one bonus disc about how they were made and the history of The Clone Wars over the years.

Disney will just do something along those lines sooner or later anyways, so just go ahead and get it over with. A lot of people aren't going to want to pay a bigger bill just to add XD to their package and watch a few episodes in a limited run.

20. Christopher

Again, it sounds like you think they're deliberately concealing their decision. It seems to me as though they just haven't made the decision yet, or at least haven't finalized it to the point that they can definitively announce anything. These things can take time. There are agreements to make, studies to conduct, contracts to negotiate, a whole bunch of stuff that has to be sorted out in order to move a show to a new venue. And sometimes a plan to do one thing can fall through for one reason or another and they have to fall back on plan B. So if people are slow to announce something, it's not to be cagey or secretive; it's just that they don't yet have anything solid enough to announce.