AFV (americas funniest videos)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by BlackFire3, Dec 16, 2011.

1. BlackFire3

BlackFire3 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

is this show honestly funny anymore?
    with most of its content taken from earlier seasons (mainly bob saget era). it seems more and more consist of "nut shots" and watching people take some seriously painful falls. maybe it's me but i don't think it's funny watching someone fall10 feet onto their head even if they do shake it off. it's just not funny.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The show is still on? I thought it went off the air decades ago.

And what's the ship in your avatar?

3. BlackFire3

BlackFire3 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

it's the normandy 2 from "mass effect 2"

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Some of them are funny, some of them feel staged, and I always avoid watching the voting at the end because the ones that get chosen always tend to be the unfunny ones.

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm always shocked when I remember that this show is still on television. I thought it was cheesy and cliche when I was a 10 year old, and it certainly hasn't improved in that regard since then. I did like Bob Saget though, but that was mostly because of his role as dad on Full House.

6. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Some of the overly staged ones are just too silly. I like the videos where other people fall down and that kind of thing :lol:. And Vs. sometimes gives me some good laughs.

I did too, but it was always kind of the good kind of cheese... at least by comparison to some kinds of reality shows that are out there. Those are even worse :lol:.

7. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's for the same geriatric demographic that thinks Jay Leno is still funny.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  8. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

There was a video that we had once filmed that I always thought would have been good to send in. It was a video everyone in the family thought was hilarious. We had a dog, and he was quite the humper. When he'd get a certain idea, he'd say, hump your knee, even though we had him neutered. Took very little to trigger it. One day, we were out sledding with my brother and his friend, and the friend was wearing a tuque with a pom-pom. I had the video camera in my hand. Upon seeing the tuque with the pom-pom wiggling about, our dog gets an idea. Oh, he just loves that pom-pom, so much that when friend is sitting down on the sled, he runs up to the friend and grabs the tuque from his head, playing it like a toy by shaking his head from side to side vigorously. In all this excitement, our dog gets quite excited and gets another idea. Sitting in the sled, he's just about the same height as the dog, and the dog starts humping his face, and all this was caught on film. I had convulsed with laughter.

9. Random_Spock

:lol: Hey now, I'm way younger than that. As for Jay, he has his moments. But he's not nearly as funny as Craig Ferguson :techman:. That guy makes me laugh my butt off.

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I like the show, it's a way to pass time if there's nothing else and I can't get to a computer. :D

That said, I really like Tom Bergeron.

11. Random_Spock

:lol: Yep that's pretty much me too.

Same here, he's about as good as Bob Saget was host wise.