Voyager Fanfics, Creations, and Favorite Videos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is a sweet moment:)

Here's a fun one!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cfN32EtXUE[/yt]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. Janeway’s Girl

I became inspired after reading ''Mosaic''. I apologize for any grammatical errors or inaccuracies regarding Star Trek. First part below:

Before Voyager​
    Kathryn Janeway looked at the clock for the third time that night. It read 24:11. She had to be up in six hours but she couldn't seem to fall asleep. Her mind raced with anxiety and anticipation. She turned away from the clock, determined to get some shut eye. Just then, a hand touched her on the shoulder. ''Kath, are you okay?'' It was her fiancée, Mark, now staring at her with wide eyes. ''I'm sorry. Did I wake you?'', she asked. ''You could say that. Do you want to talk about it?'' Kathryn knew there was no use in hiding her thoughts from Mark. He knew her too well. She sat up in the bed and let out a heavy sigh. ''It's the mission. What if something goes wrong? A lot of people are counting on me.'' Mark sat up beside her. ''You've been on missions before. How is this one any different?'' ''It's a rescue mission. Quite a bit different than collecting scientific data.'' Kathryn grew agitated that Mark failed to see the reasons behind her apprehension. ''Kath, you are a Starfleet Captain, trained to handle almost any situation. You will be fine. You are extremely smart and resourceful.'' She smiled at his praise. ''You can be quite the charmer, you know that?'' ''I have my moments.'' He edged closer and kissed her, then pulled her into his arms and sank down on the bed. He began stroking her hair as she laid her head on his chest. ''Now why don't you close your eyes and get some sleep.'' Kathryn fell asleep within minutes.

3. Janeway’s Girl

Second part:

The clock read 0600 hours. Up and at em, Janeway! Kathryn thought to herself. The other side of the bed was empty. She deducted that Mark must have gotten up before her. She headed for the shower with newfound vigor. The door to the bedroom opened just as she was finished getting dressed. Kathryn turned to face Mark, whose eyes were beaming, with a smile plastered across his face. ''What?'', she asked. Mark walked towards her and cupped her chin. ''You always look so beautiful in that uniform. Every time I see you wearing it I feel so proud.'' Kathryn smiled up at him. ''You're being very sweet this morning... Going to miss me?'' ''You could say that.'' Then he drew her in an embrace that Kathryn didn't want to end. Running her fingers through his messy hair, lost in the moment. Some minutes later, she reluctantly pulled away. ''I have a surprise for you'', he said. ''Oh. What is it?'' ''Not ready just yet. After you put your hair up, meet me in the kitchen.''

4. Janeway’s Girl

Third part:

Fifteen minutes later, Kathryn emerged from the bedroom. Her long hair now done up neatly on top of her head in a bun. She noticed a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast on the kitchen table, with a steaming cup of black coffee beside it. She eyed Mark , who was sitting on the opposite side of the table. ''What's this?'', she asked. ''Your breakfast.'' ''Mark, I hadn't planned on eating. Coffee would have been fine.'' Mark turned in his chair. ''You aren't Captain right this minute, Kathryn. I won't have you going into space on an empty stomach.'' Him calling her by her full name meant he was in a serious mood. She crossed the room to the table but not before bending down to say hello to Mollie, her dog, who was resting at Mark's feet. ''Morning girl. How are you today? Feeling better, I hope.'' The Irish Setter looked up at Kathryn with big eyes, her long tongue extended to greet her owner's fingers. ''Whatever is wrong with her, I'll get the results from the doctor later this morning. I'll contact you just before you launch'', said Mark. ''That would be greatly appreciated'', replied Kathryn, now sliding into her chair to begin her breakfast. ''You made this?'', she asked. ''If you mean, did I get up early to make you a traditional home-cooked breakfast, then yes.'' Kathryn scooped up some eggs onto her fork and popped them into her mouth. ''They're delicious, darling. Thank you.'' She smiled sweetly at him.

5. Janeway’s Girl

Fourth part:

Kathryn ate the rest of her meal in silence as Mark refilled Mollie's water dish and started cleaning up. ''So have you met any of the crew yet?'', asked Mark. ''Only Tom Paris. I know he has a rebellious streak about him but he's known to be a fine pilot. I'm certain I can keep him in check.'' ''That's Admiral Paris' son, right?'' ''Yes. The admiral always spoke so highly of him during my years at the Academy.'' ''Well I'm sure under your careful watch young Tom will stay in line.'' ''I hope so.'' Kathryn got up from the table and gave her plate and cutlery to Mark. ''We have to leave in a half an hour. I promised my mom and Phoebe I would say goodbye before leaving.'' After checking in with her mother and sister, and making sure her hair was in place one final time, Kathryn was ready to leave for Starfleet Headquarters. Mollie waited by the door to bid her goodbye. Kathryn got down on her knees and wrapped her arms around Mollie's soft body. ''I'll see you soon, girl. Be good for Mark.'' Mollie answered by licking Kathryn's cheek.

6. Janeway’s Girl

Final part:

The ride to Starfleet was a quiet one. Kathryn spent the entire time looking out the window, lost in her thoughts. She was going to captain a brand new starship called Voyager. It was supposed to be equipped with the latest technology. As excited as she was, she couldn't help but feel sadness over leaving Mark, again. By now he was used to it as they had been together for years, and this was to be her last mission before their wedding. Still, she wished she could take him with her so they could experience it together. Sensing her anguish, Mark laced his fingers with hers. Kathryn gave a small squeeze in response. Ten minutes later Mark stopped in front of Starfleet Headquarters. Kathryn looked at him. ''Well, I guess this is it.'' ''You ready?'', he asked. ''As I'll ever be.'' She closed the distance between them with a kiss and then wrapped her arms around Mark. Breathing in his scent, memorizing every fibre of him. She pulled away and smiled. ''See you in three weeks.'' ''I'll be waiting right here when you return.'' Kathryn opened the door and exited the hover car. Suddenly Mark called out to her. ''Kath!'' She turned around to see him mouth the words I love you. She did the same and then briskly walked into the building before her, confident that everything would be alright.

7. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Really been enjoying this thread. Here is some artwork I made recently. I haven't made art for ages and ages but Voyager inspired me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  8. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

Hi, I'm new here. I thought I'd post some of the pics I've made. But if I click on "Insert Image", it'll want me to post a URL-link.

So how do I insert an image then? Any idea anyone?

9. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kes, as a mystical, magical, Woodland Færy ...

[​IMG]

10. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it suits her :-)

11. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These are great! Thank you for posting.

12. xnedrabourne

xnedrabourne Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Does anyone remember EWDEE's What If We Fly Endgame tribute music video? It was posted here 11 years ago. Even after all these years it is still one of my favourites. EWDEE was a forum member and even thanked trekbbs at the end of the video. I can't find it on the web or the original post so i can't link to it.

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So much of those early vidder content was lost :(

14. xnedrabourne

I only have stuff from a decade ago. It is all the recent music videos since then on youtube that is new to me. I'm trying to catch up.
    I don't have a youtube account though so i can't even share. Assuming that isn't against etiquette.

I guess its only natural that I'll always be most fond of those music videos that first introduced me to the concept of fan made music videos.

15. teacake

I want to see the old ones! I found a site some time back that had a lot of oldies.

Yes you can share the youtubes :)

What do you like best?

16. xnedrabourne

I don't have a youtube accoutn and i don't really want to get one. Can you suggest another way i can share them?

As for what i like best. If i could only watch 2 music videos for the rest of my life it would be EWDEE's What if we Fly and Casper's JQ video Lets Talk to Dolly Parton's song Straight Talking.

17. teacake

Well if they are on a web page link to that. IF you don't have them on a webpage you can put them on vimeo and link to that, not the same as youtube. You can only embed youtubes on this forum but they don't need to be embedded.

18. xnedrabourne

As it turns out as long as you have a google account you have a youtube account.

So i've uploaded the video. I hope i did it right.
    [yt]http://youtu.be/QSoiJ3TKxWw[/yt]

19. xnedrabourne

20. xnedrabourne

I've asked Casper to upload her JQ Lets Talk music video.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtI8NPxDC-s[/yt]