STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

D'oh, meant to post here what I did in the other thread. :lol:

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Note on the fleet holdings: please don't queue up any more Provisioning missions at this time. Even if they are the only projects available. We've got plenty of provisions (minus Sphere, which we can't queue up again until the upgrade hits) and don't want to waste the DIL getting more when we could be putting it into the bigger upgrade projects. Can't cancel them, so it just sits and wastes a spot, while distracting resources from needed projects.

Focus should be on getting Fleet Marks to finish the DIL Mine, Marks and DIL for the Embassy, and then the Spire T1 should complete which gives us the Spire Ops T1 upgrade to work on.

Lots to do, keep at it :)

In the interim, check out NoP Public Service chat channel. Basically just end-stage fleets that give out free invites to their holdings to buy things from. You use our provisions, but can buy the T3 (or T5 for starbase) version instead of the T1 or T2 versions we offer at the moment. Only ones this doesn't work for is ships, as you have to be IN their fleet to buy those. Ocassionaly someone gives out permission to buy a ship, though, so if you have to leave to buy something, just give a shout out to get re-invited to ours, or post here. I snagged a Fleet Chimera over the weekend this way, and had one of my other toons re-invite my main toon.

3. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Last night I added about 400 fleet marks from the fleet commendation reports DOFF assignments into the Dilithium Mine upgrade project, as well as another 150 I received doing some queued events.

On a side note, I was at the fleet starbase looking at the Elite ground weapons and couldn't decide which one to get. Has anybody purchased any of the fleet ground gear? My current character has the MACO MK XII set and I'm thinking of upgrading if possible.

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I've used some of the Advanced Fleet ground weapons, not bad. Bought a AP Pulsewave, Spilt Beam, and High Density Beam. Avoided the Elite stuff because you could only get Phaser, and really wanted the AP proc over the Phaser one.

Honestly, don't use them much anymore. Everything's too specific to who you are fighting. Had a bunch with BORG procs, but don't do that much anymore. Now the Voth proton stuff is the way to go for the Battlezone, so I go that direction (got the T5 Rep stuff). The High density and Split Beam rifles are the most useful, I guess, as they'd be good general purpose weapons for a BOFF to use.

My backup kit is still the Adapted MACO (basically Honor Guard set for Fed players), I like the disruptor pulsewave plus grenade launcher, and keep that as my secondary gun. Good for crowd control.

Really depends on where you plan to play.

Every time they release more sets, I start to have more trouble storing things, though. Sucks to throw away those hard-earned sets, but only so much storage and despite releasing more and more 3 and 4 piece sets, the storage hasn't increased to PUT them anywhere. Like the 15 special tribbles or non-combat pets. Where do you store them after a while? And can't get them again, sucks to just throw them away...

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

The only fleet ground gear I get are personal kits as they are the ones that make the most difference in ground combat. Personally, I use weapons I obtain from personal reputation projects because they are (A) cheaper to obtain, (B) has good set bonuses and (C) most of them dish out as much damage as well as elite fleet weapons.

6. Bird of Prey

I just completed a bunch of queued missions for fleet marks which finished the requirements for the dilithium mine tier 2 development project. It will take 7 days to complete before we can schedule the dilithium mine tier 2 upgrade project. That project will give us access to the mine exterior and a new dilithium mine daily.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yep, making progress! Of course, I saw the mine was almost done, and went to do a quick PVE mission to grab the last 50 marks, and it got completed while I was working... :(

Oh well, just meant they went towards the Embassy, the next up on our upgrade list. Spire OPS T1 should be ready to get going here as well, and then the Mine will have another one. We fell into a lot of projects all due about the same time after a fairly quiet period of leveling them all up...

8. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I completed the dilithium and Industrial Replicator requirements for the Spire project. We need 410 fleet marks and 71 Eng/Ops officers to get it kicked off.

9. JeBuS

JeBuS Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would be interested in an invite for my new Romulan character: "T'Ryssa Chen@jebus27"

On another note, the TrekBBS channel seems really quiet.

10. Bird of Prey

The Dilithium development upgrade project should be completed tonight around 10pm EST. Will anybody be around at that time to start the Dilithium Tier 2 upgrade project?

11. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Invite sent.

Well, best way to make it non quiet is to initiate a conversation :)

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I should be around. But if it's already queued up behind the upgrade in progress, it should just automatically slide into the active spot when the current one completes. Unless it's just not available as an option until this one if finished? (not sure, don't have it in front of me).

Either way, I can try and remember to check on it tonight.

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

and it's off. Now we've got Embassy T2 and Mine T2 running. Mine doesn't require any DIL, and give a DIL discount, so maybe we should try and pound that one out to make the Embassy upgrade a little cheaper, seeing as how that takes a LOT of DIL.

Of course, need 15k marks for the Mine, so get cracking! If people have DOFF credits to cash in for marks, now's the time...

14. Bird of Prey

Thanks for starting it. I just contributed over 500 marks, over 100 common doffs, and some other items with more to come in the next couple of days.

15. Timelord Victorious

I contributed several hundred marks and some dilithium today.
    Spire Operations Facilities is done in less than a day.

16. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Like to join the fleet. My account is ElimParra@elimparra

Now off to bed, but I'll be around most of tomorrow. Should get to Commander by Sunday night.

17. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!

Alright, I finally got the Tier 2 Industrial Fabricator project kicked off at the KDF base. Main priority now for the House is upgrade to Tier 1 dilithium mine. So if anyone would like to pop into a KDF toon to help with the ridiculous mine provision requirement, I would not be saying no. LOL

18. Timelord Victorious

Anyone up this evening for some fleet activity?
    Get a team together and cycle through some fleet actions/STFs?
    Should get some Dilithium and Fleet marks collected that way.

19. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone know how large this patch is?

20. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I kicked in the remaining duty officers for the three starbase projects and got them started. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.