The Fall: Peacable Kingdoms cover

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

StarTrek.com has revelaed the cover for the final The Fall book in an article about the book.

[​IMG]

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

That's a very Nu-BSG-ish ship with the Big E

3. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Beautiful. A vast improvement over The Crimson Shadow.

4. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

It looks like the ship that Defiant was with in Starship Down and followed into that Gas Giant.

Tis a nice cover though, better than the Crimson Shadow.

5. JeBuS

JeBuS Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What's with these almost amateur-looking covers? This is two in a row that look like bad photoshop jobs. Enterprise on a generic nebula background. This time with a ship that looks like it's been part-modded from a runabout and BSG. Oh, and an explosion to cover up some of the poor modelling.

6. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This cover is a lot better! Also, Dimesdan is right; the other ship is the CGI model of the Karemma ship from "Starship Down", modified somewhat. I like it. I actually have the Micro Machine of the Karemma ship in front of me. Weird coincidence!

7. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Oh cool, so these threads really do come together. The prior book features the Titan, but so does this one. I like that.

8. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

So does Riker get promoted to Admiral in this book? Also the Trek.com articles has a mistake. It says PK is book 3 of 5. I thought PK was suppose to be book 5 of 5.

9. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Same here. I'm always glad to have more Titan stories. :techman:

10. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I'm looking forward to seeing how the focus shifts from Deep Space 9 (via Cardassia) to Earth.

11. j3067

j3067 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That actually sounds really cool. I'm not ready to say goodbye to Titan yet though.

12. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Much better than The Crimson Shadow but not nearly as good as The Poisoned Chalice. The lack of consistent quality is a bit frustrating there ...

13. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

That's a Karemma Ship from DS9.

Way predating nuBSG.

14. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I'm just basing that question on this line in the synopsis:

Last I checked, between Picard and Riker, Picard was still the senior Captain, so it would be odd to see Picard taking orders from Riker at the Captain level, however, it would make sense if Riker was an Admiral. Or else someone at Simon & Schuster screwed up the copy on this book, and its suppose to be Picard ordering Riker.

It's not as bad as The Crimson Shadow, but it would've been nice to have seen a painted cover, not a cover from Photoshop. Aside from the two covers with the new DS9, the rest are pretty forgettable.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I had the same thought about Riker. If it is true that doesn't necessarily mean Titan is over, the series could always continue with Vale or Tuvok in command.

16. Shane Houston

Shane Houston Commander Red Shirt

Well, they may have made Riker a Commodore. I can't wait for this book!

17. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

After reading The Poisoned Chalice blurb, I'm wondering if there's some sort of scandal at Starfleet Command, and Riker becomes the only trustworthy officer on Earth, so he becomes temporary Commander-in-Chief.

18. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

It might be that Riker's stuck on Earth (perhaps Titan's undergoing refit?) after the events of Poisoned Chalice, perhaps as an aide to LJA and is therefore in a position to investigate things about the Typhon Pact/UFP Conspiracy and is "dispatching" Picard with that extended authority.

19. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

Given the history of Riker and Picard, maybe Picard is doing this for Riker because he's the best one suited for the job at hand. Also, the wording could be off and not the way it really is.

As for the cover, the explosion looks awful. What's with the thin blue lines?

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot to comment on the cover before. It's better than The Crimson Shadow, but still not that good. I wonder if they still use Cliff Neilson? He did pretty all of my favorite covers in the '00s.
    If not, the need to get him back, or try to get the artist who works for Cross Cult.