X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

He'll drop out of that anyway.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Don't you mean he will drop out of Episode VIII if he does Episode VII?;)

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Followed by George Lucas triumphant return to the "Star Wars" franchise

Variety- The Empire Strikes Back

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I doubt it. Old Lucas looks content to retire and sometimes swim in his huge pool filled with money.

I'm glad he is going to once again let other directors have a go at his Star Wars universe.

Vaughn: Episode VII
    Singer: Episode VIII
    Ratner: Episode IX

;)

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

There is more "mutants=gays" moralizing in FC than in all the other films combined.

6. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

See, the problem here is that people were SO hurt by what Singer did to THEIR vision of Superman that they've re-written everything else he's done in their mind to fit their new thoughts on him.

Things like not noticing obvious writing ("Mutant and proud", if this didn't smash you on the skull as obvious, then you're too young to be in an X-Men movie), or simply reading the credits on movies (heh, least to do with FC over TLS? That's classic)

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought Singer had nothing at all to do with The Last Stand?

8. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In some people's rewritten version of their history, that's incorrect.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is Ian Keldon just ignoring facts about Bryan Singer or something? I understand not liking his work or whatever, but to say that First Class was the movie that he had done the least work on...that's just plain wrong. I've already pointed out a number of times the amount of work that Singer did on First Class...the script was written from Singer's own treatment for crying out loud! He also helped cast the film. Worked right up to production on it basically, and very nearly directed it. I don't know how anyone could say that he did the least on. Once again...if not for Singer we would not have got the movie we did.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  10. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait.

What?

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^I assume that Gaith was satirising Ian Keldon's re-writing of history (Days of Future Past?) as regards Singer's involvement or lack of with various X-Movies.

12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, 14-year-olds can write. Works for me.

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Technically, there's nothing preventing Lucas from being the director, he's just not the owner.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

15. Admiral_Young

Pretty much thought that was the reason. See? Millar's already poaching Fox of its directors for his films ;) Next thing we will know is that James Mangold will be directing "Nemesis" after "The Wolverine" :)

16. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Because he didn't do that much ACTUAL producing. The rest of the production team did most of the work, and had the most influence on the final product.

Singer was more or less a Roddenberry-esque "producer emeritus" on FC.

17. Admiral_Young

^ You're completely wrong. Not sure why you're continuing to discredit how much work Singer actually did with "First Class". He was not a puppet producer by any means like how you're attempting to make him out to be.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Even if you were right about the 'not much actual producing' - and I note that you ignore his 'story by' credit for that movie - how could he have LESS involvement in FC than he did on TLS or Wolverine, where he had NO involvement whatsoever? I'm curious to hear how that is possible.

19. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Uh, Singer had a lot of involvement in First Class.

Besides coming up with the initial story treatment that swayed 20th Century Fox into making the film, he was originally hired to direct. After dropping out due to scheduling conflicts, he remained a very active producer. I've seen behind-the-scenes videos where you can see Singer on set.

Singer's influence is felt very strongly in First Class. Everything from the set design to the continuity to the cameos of actors from the previous movies. It's very much a prequel to Singer's movies, and Singer's mark is all over First Class. Now, it is still very much Matthew Vaughn's movie, but if you watch interviews with Singer during the time of the press junkets for First Class, you can just see how involved he was from beginning to end.

Regardless, I'm extremely excited that Singer is returning to direct Days of Future Past. I'm following him on Twitter, and just the other day he tweeted about a late night writing session with Simon Kinberg. It's kind of surreal that Singer is returning to X-Men in a directing capacity. I honestly thought I would never see this happen. Plus, adapting one of my all-time favorite X-Men storylines?

It's like a dream come true.

20. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Same here. I really liked First Class but with Singer actually directing and the comic its adapting I think this will be superior.

We have heard no official announcements yet, but I think we can assume that any of the cast from his films he wants to appear in the future parts of the story will participate.