Teaser a Slight to Kirk?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Franklin, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Brutal Strudel

Brutal Strudel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Took you long enough! :angel:

2. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Yeah...well...with some people around here, I am still back on the whole 'retarded' issue.

In mod-land, just because a thread is closed doesn't mean the topic doesn't go on forever...and ever...and ever.....and ever....and..... :lol:

But fear not. I eventually get around to warning everyone. :evil:

3. himynameisjosh

himynameisjosh Cadet Newbie

I havent seen the teaser yet because my laptop sucks and videos play really slowly, plus i am among the unwashed masses who havent seen cloverfield BUT...

as described, it sounds like the point of having nimoy deliver the line is that most fans of trek and people familiar with the series would recognize his voice immediatley and get excited about the movie. Maybe i'm in the minority but ive never heard pine's voice before so I wouldnt know what it sounds like. Nimoy lends instant recognition because hes part of the trek legacy...pine and quinto, et al are just starting out down that path.

Now, it would be cool if at the END of the movie, if it indeed depicts Kirk going from zero to hero, Pine did the voice over.

Plus nimoy has a super cool voice.

Bring the awesome