Chuck: Season 4 (Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski) Discussion/Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aragorn, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

4x01: Chuck Versus the Anniversary
    4x02: Chuck Versus the Suitcase
    4x03: Chuck Versus the Cubic Z
    4x04: Chuck Versus the Coup d'Etat
    4x05: Chuck Versus the Couch Lock
    4x06: Chuck Versus the Aisle of Terror
    4x07: Chuck Versus the First Fight

Since the Dagman has left this board, here is this new "Chuck" discussion thread, starting off with last week's episode that was missed (if anyone wishes to discuss it since it was part one of a two-parter). Monday's episode synopsis will be posted on Monday.

[​IMG]

In an act of desperation, Chuck agrees to go on a dangerous, and potentially fatal mission with the Agent Rye to try and regain the suppressed Intersect through fear of death. Meanwhile, Jeff and Lester become suspicious of the new Greta and try to unveil the truth the only way they know how and it is up to Morgan and Casey to stop them before thing get out hand.

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Chuck: Season 4 (Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski) Discussion/Spoil

Homer Simpson: Mmmmm, Summer Glau.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm 4 episodes behind on this season! My roommate has them TiVo'ed, but I keep forgetting to watch them!

4. Aragorn

[​IMG]

In order to escape The Belgian, Sarah, Chuck, Morgan and Casey immerse themselves in the jungles of Southeast Asia. The Belgian's mission is to discover more about the Intersect. Meanwhile, Ellie and Awesome dive into the secret Steven Bartowski left behind.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot what happen after watching too much TV between episodes.

6. Aragorn

Really? The gondola special effects in last week's episode were pretty unforgettable... and I don't mean that in a good way. :)

7. elaithin

elaithin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, that was pretty horrible. The episode was enjoyable, though. The CIA Agent/Shrink was pretty funny.

8. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the last two or so episodes including tonite's weren't very good--barring a few nice isolated character moments.

9. Xerxus

Xerxus Commander Red Shirt

I was hoping that they're doing a semi-game changer in this episode. I mean, Chuck was in that machine for a long time. The scientist said that they're erasing his memories, but as far as we know, everything is fine with his mind.

Would have been great if Chuck came back "wrong" ala Sam in supernatural. Maybe his love for Sarah survives that, but with no memories; just the whole Intersect/Spy stuff in his mind.

10. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

Is Ellie/Awesome about to get intersect'd?

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wasn't feeling this two parter... but I'm sure they'll right the ship. More funny please.

12. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was sooooooo not funny when Sarah kept being referred to as a she-male. It was so bad I cringed every time.

13. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe since there are so many of them over there, they just can't tell anymore. So the sight of seeing a mercenary that is a chick, they just assume. But your right, it was a bit of a hackie joke.

14. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree it wasn't the best they've done, but I was reasonably entertained. And can I just say that I found Sarah in that shorts\tank top get up for the fight to be incredibly hot? :drool:

15. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

I'm getting a bit tired of the usual nerdy Chuck comedy routine. I'm thinking to survive beyond this season they might want to steer away from comedy to more spy drama. I know the writers can do it, I get the feeling they are holding back.

16. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That's what I was hoping for--that Chuck would forget who he was, or at least his friends, or being a spy. That would have at least made it less formulaic.

17. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I disagree.. it would have been pretty formulaic because in a few episodes down the line they'd restore his memory through technobbabble/a device/a crisis.. whatever. This has been done to death in many shows, novels and movies and always comes off as forced and unbelievable because in TV reality you can't do a total reset of the show and almost start from scratch (especially if it's a halfway successful show).

The writers have already tortured me with Chuck/Sarah will they, won't they in season 2 and 3 and i've had enough of that. They even acknowledged it during Comic Con that they took it too far and have learned their lesson so i doub't we'll get any artificial prolonging of anything to create drama.

This two parter (especially the 2nd part) was insanely cool.. Sarah in a no holds barred fight for the fate of her beloved, the team working as one to save Chuck and that huge mystery of Stephen J. Bartowski's notebook (i'm betting it's some form of Intersect.. i heard the distinctive sound of something powering up as soon as Ellie had typed in the password).
    Pure gold and i can't wait to see what happens next.. the 4th season has that a lot.. brisk pacing. There were hardly any filler episodes and all episodes moved along the major storyline of this season. Something i'm very glad about and what makes Chuck even better.

Quote of the episode:

"I got people who'll take teeth and leeches for me. I'm a lucky guy."

18. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. The pacing has been great this year, especially compared to the slow builds that we got most other seasons.

19. Aragorn

[​IMG]

It's the day after Thanksgiving and Chuck faces the most awkward of family reunions when mom comes over for dinner-along with the dangerous Alexei Volkoff. Back at the Buy More, Morgan has to deal with the busiest shopping day of the year as Jeff and Lester hatch their latest scheme.

20. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This episode started out like the last two--middling--but at the half hour mark it picked up when the story shifted from the tired cliche of taking over Buy More by the Bad Guys and the Team tries to take it back thread to the get together at Ellie's.

I didn't particularly care for the way Chuck's loss of the Intersect was handled story-wise and the way he got it back was contrived--it just sooo happened Ellie found the computer that could restore the Intersect to Chuck just at the moment he just happened to lose it--and for that matter Chuck's mom's reason for eliminating it from him was forced. She didn't think Chuck would come after her with or without it--it just meant he'd be in more danger.

I don't think the show has been as good as last season. I've more often than not enjoyed Chuck but 4 years might be a good enough run for it.