Generations Expanded Soundtrack!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Jeyl, Oct 15, 2012.

1. RyanKCR

RyanKCR Vice Admiral Admiral

It might be a while till I get mine, because of what the Frankenstorm did here.

2. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, hopefully.:bolian:

I'm also in California (Sacramento), so I imagine it'll take probably a day or two longer to get to me. Of course, like I said, this is my first order direct from the folks at Crescendo (I usually deal with Amazon), so I don't know exactly what their usual procedure is just yet.

3. RandyS

Glad to know you weren't hurt. Hope everything else is okay.

4. RyanKCR

RyanKCR Vice Admiral Admiral

We're doing okay. We were staying with my in-laws until we got power back last night. We just have to clean out the fridge and freezer now.

5. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

I wonder when we'll get expanded soundtracks of Insurrection and Nemesis (I believe the one of Star Trek XI came out around the time the movie did).

6. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I think there's a strong possibility they'll be released during the course of 2013.

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I thought CBS was putting a hold on all non-Abrams related merchandise during 2013, which would preclude any soundtracks unrelated to the new movie from being released in that period?

8. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

No. The expanded Star Trek XI soundtrack came out over a year later, in 2010. I remember because it was announced the night of the Memorial Day barbecue my roommate and I host every year, and he had his laptop out waiting for the announcement to be made.

As for Insurrection and Nemesis, who knows? It'd make sense with all the other releases. I hope they'll be able to get to them as I love both albums (is there anything better than Jerry?) ... but for now I'm happy listening to my new Generations CD (which came in the mail on Wednesday last week.)

9. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mine arrived today, I have to admit the music where they evacuate brings a tear to my eye. The scene has always had that effect on me.

10. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Just as I was returning from a particularly gruelling training circuit on my bicycle earlier this afternoon, the postlady literally pulled up in her van and proceeded to thrust the GNP envelope into my eager hands! I am now ready to put my feet up and give the silver disc a whirl.

Superb service from GNP - getting the disc over to the UK so quickly.

11. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

???

Well, the Pocket Books novels are continuing in 2013 because the four related to the Abrams material were put on hold ages ago.

Arrived Down Under today!

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Here's the post mentioning CBS' edict for 2013. The novel line seems to be unaffected by it, though.

13. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

They probably don't want to flood the market with Star Trek again. Understandable considering what happened the last time.

14. Joe_Atari

Joe_Atari Commander Red Shirt

A very underrated score, but I always thought Track 14 (on disc 1, Track 6 on disc 2) should have been titled "A Big Margin for Error." :) Too bad the film wasn't as well written as the score!

15. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Got it, and I'm pleasantly surprised. I never cared for the soundtrack as it never caught my attention during the film. But there are some truly great tracks.

Now if they also released Insurrection, I would be really happy.

16. RandyS

I'm sure they'll get to it eventually. I'd love an expanded CD of Goldsmith's score for that film. The music was better than the movie in that case.

17. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I strongly suspect we'll see GNP deliver Insurrection in complete form at some point fairly soon.

I'm homing they got their approval already, so they don't fall victim to the Paramount/CBS merchandise blackout for Star Trek Into Darkness.

Nemesis would be either from Varese Sarabande, or someone else via a deal with them.

Hopefully, Varese will work with Lukas Kendall and company to ensure it is done consistent with the other releases.