Heck Yeah Moments in Trek

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by SimpleLogic, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Fastwalker

Fastwalker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Agree, siskokid. That was also a good "Heck Yeah" moment in Star Trek. 2 Romulan Warbirds vs 1 Galaxy and 3 Bird-of-Preys. That's a fight I'll pay Pay-Per-View for. How would've the battle ended?

1 Romulan Warbird is said to be equivalent to a Galaxy-class starship. Best tactic is for both Warbirds focus their firepower on Enterprise-D. They could probably cripple or destroy E-D before getting themselves blown.

The 3 BoPs were K'Vort class. B'rel class (158m long) is the smaller of the 2 types of BoP. B'rels are essentially fast attack or scout ships. K'Vort are cruisers who measure 678m long. In comparison, Galaxy-class ships are 643m long.

We can assume K'Vort ships are not as strong as a Galaxy-class. But 3 K'Vorts can easily kick a Galaxy-class -- as seen in the finale of TNG episode "Yesterday Enterprise".

So returning to the fantasy battle from "The Defector". The BoPs could focus on 1 warbird while E-D kept the other Romulan ship busy. In the end, Fed-Kling would prevail. But, the Romulans would win a morale victory by severely crippling or destroying StarFleet's flagship.

2. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

In TNG's The Defector: Picard refuses to accept Tomalak's terms, and Tomalak is not at all surprised. He asks if Picard is willing to risk the lives of his crew for a lost cause, and Picard says if the cause is just and honorable, his crew will follow him. He asks if Tomalak is also prepared to die, and Tomalak scoffs at him, expecting more than an idle threat, to which Picard replies "You shall have it." He instructs Worf to signal three cloaked Klingon Birds-of-Prey to reveal themselves – surrounding the Romulan ships. HECK, YEAH!

3. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^ I love that moment too. Here it is for everyone's viewing pleasure.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOXT22Ghouw[/yt]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  4. siskokid888

siskokid888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Either Quark's, or a bar on St. Mark's Place
    Good analysis. I always figured that Tomalak was threatening to use both Warbirds to open up and destroy the E, hence "you will not survive our assault". But the 3 BoPs would let lose from angles on the Warbirds, plus whatever the E could let fly, ripping them up, which prompted Picard's "you won't survive ours". And I agree - I'd pay good dough to see how it would have played out!

5. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

One of my favourites is from the TNG episode The Defector the Romulan warbird chasing the scout ship !!!! Great scene !!!!

And cammander rikers final words in Part one of BOBW Mr Worf fire !!!!!

6. Fastwalker

Another "Heck Yeah" Trek Moment during the end of TNG's "The Most Toys":

Data fired the illegal weapon at Fajo just as Enterprise-D transports him. Then Data eloquently tells the truth to Riker and O'Brien -- "Perhaps something occurred during transport, Commander." (That was a great moment for Data. :techman:)

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, no one had mentioned BOBW2, the whole sequence when Riker rescues Picard from the Borg and at the end when Data, Worf and Locutas beam on the Enterprise they zoom in to Rikers face as he has that a perfect "fuck you Borg' look on his face, best Riker shot in the whole series.

8. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet but a couple of the Enterprise scenes in the new movie: rising from the gases of IO to
    intercept Neo's vessel and also later intercepting his missiles heading for Spock in the future-ship

The fleet warping out to battle earlier in the film is hella-cool too.
    As is the final "Space, the final frontier" montage.
    Hell, the whole movie is one giant "Hell-yeah" tbh :p

In DS9, I always loved the whole exchange between Dax and Kira about warping inside the Bajoran system to intercept the founders
    plan to blow up the Bajoran Sun:

"We can't reach it in time"

"you wanna bet? Take us to warp!"

"INSIDE a Solar System"

"If we DON'T there WON'T be a SOLAR SYSTEM left!"

Also, the reveal about Bashir being a changeling in that ep (or was it the episode before? ) was pretty Heck Yeah too
    (Ah, the days before spoilers! Good times!)

One of the best though: TNG Cause and Effect.

The TEASER featured the Enterprise-D exploding. Heck YEAH also crossed with "Well, now what, we gonna watch 40 mins of black screen from now on? :p )

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The teaser to VOY's "Scorpion":

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Resistance is"

ZAP!!!!!

10. siskokid888

siskokid888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Either Quark's, or a bar on St. Mark's Place
    You're right, those two moments are right up there, with the great backround music and everything. Hard not to love the big E warping in with phasers blasting!:techman:

11. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Another, while not quite being a "Heck Yeah" moment, but is still a great Trek moment when George Kirk protects the fleeing shuttles and then sacrifices his life piloting the Kelvin to ram the Narada even as he hears his newborn son cry for the first time and he says "I love you" to his wife.

12. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Your species is even weaker than I anticipated. You can't even speak."
    "Mmhmmrrhmm..."
    "What?"
    "I got your gun."

13. Fastwalker

HELL YEAH! That scene made my jaw drop straight to China and shout, "HOLY SHIT!" Throughout the Part 1 episode, it made you think who can wipe a fleet of Borg cubes.

14. Phantassm

Phantassm Vice Admiral Admiral

Elann of Troyus when Kirk was anticipating warp power and giving orders to Sulu.
    The whole scene, Sulu slightly smiling, Kirk being smug. Great stuff.

15. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

McCoy slapping Eleen in Friday's Child.
    I Absolutely do NOT condone abuse in any way, but she really did have it coming.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

This.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuCABu9L9XM[/yt]

And this.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqe1m2p1BVM[/yt]

17. RedSpar

RedSpar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This one. Don't mess with Montgomery Scott!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ayo41A87No[/yt]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  18. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

Another couple I just thought of from DS9:

Firstly the Defiant decloaking as seen by the porthole of the Runabout Garak and Odo were trying to escape on in the Die Is Cast and the strafe run the big D goes on to blast its way out of there.
    (and perhaps the revelation that Garak blew up his own shop to escape detection, there's lots of great writing in this ep tbh.)

Perhaps a quieter moment, but the Jem Hadar shooting Weyoun at the end of his first episode for even slightly doubting the warriors who had fought for him and the founders.

19. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I watched "The Apple" last night. There's a minor Heck Yeah! moment when the villagers attack the away team. I was expecting Yeoman Landon to do the typical damsel-in-distress thing, but she kicked as much butt as everyone else. I thought it was awesome.