Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

For whatever reason, the first person I spoke to, the one who ended up sending me the same set that I already had, was supposed to send me a pre-paid print out label...but like everything else they did, they screwed it up. lol

The last rep I spoke to wasn't able to change the status on the return (computer system wouldn't let her) so I have to send it back on my own dime and they will reimburse me upon receipt.

2. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

^That stinks. Looks like Amazon is dropping the ball too.

3. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Update from thedigitalbits.com.

we've gotten word that shipments of CBS's fixed Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season One Blu-rays have been pushed into early September. The reason is that it seems one of the episodes on Disc Five was found to be missing a visual effect, so that's being fixed as well. We'll let you know when shipments start hitting the mail.

So the Heart of Glory phaser blast will be added back in, but will the Star base approach lights be fixed in 11001001?

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

At this point, why not just recall the entire set. I mean now it's 4 discs out of 6 and that's most of the set anyway. All this talk about replacing just discs and how some people are getting a replacement set and some are just getting discs just strikes me as this being a very unorganized process. I would much prefer to just replace the whole set and have them fix everything. Also, if that means the Season season won't be released until next year, than so be it. Just as long as they get it right.

5. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

If they are fixing the missing phaser blast what about the ship shots in EaF and Code of Honour that were found later??? they have to replace Disk 1 anyway.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably because it's easier and cheaper for them to just mail out the individual discs.

In any case, I'm not too bothered by it. The episodes still play perfectly fine with the alternate audio channel, and the visual effects errors are barely even noticeable.

Doesn't really seem worth getting upset over.

7. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Digital bits says replacements have been pushed to September since one of the episodes needs be corrected for a missing spfx.

-Chris

8. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rolleyes:

I am glad the people at CBS aren't as nonchalant about it as you seem to be. The product essentially is defective. When you buy an oven and you find out it can only cook up to a 100 degrees, you'd return it without any hesitation. You don't say "Oh I'll just let my roast stay in for a day because that's perfectly acceptable. It doesn't really seem getting upset over". This Blu Ray set cost a fair bit of money to buy. If I am to invest further money, CBS had better correct these issues. Thankfully, they are.

9. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Nobody gives me credit for anything.

Also from thedigitalbits.com,

Finally this morning, a few of you have asked if you need to call CBS's replacement hotline again to get the additional disc (Disc Five) that's being fixed from the Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season One Blu-ray set as mentioned in yesterday's post. The answer is no. When your other discs arrive in the mail, it will simply come with them. There's no need to take additional action.

10. gaghyogi49

gaghyogi49 Commander Red Shirt

Just received this e-mail from amazon.co.uk:

Hello,

We're following up on our previous comunication to you about your Amazon.co.uk order XXX, which included the following item:

--------------------------------------------------
    Title: Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 1 [Blu-ray][Region Free]

--------------------------------------------------

A corrected version of this product has now been sent as a replacement to you. Your complimentary replacement has been dispatched to the same delivery address as that used for your original order.

No action is needed from you and there will be no charge for this replacement.

Thank you for your patience and we hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk

Sounds good! :-)

11. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just got the email too.

So I hope the Digital Bits story about a September date is wrong.

12. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Meanwhile, Amazon.com has passed the buck and told me that they will not send me an updated set and that I must wait for deluxe to send them to me. Oh well.

13. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Has anyone recived an e-mail from Delux?

14. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I saw a post on the blu-ray.com forums and the version released in Australia is the corrected version as shown by a picture someone posted of the added phaser effect in Heart of Glory.

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe this is just jealousy talking, but why does the UK and Australia get the corrected discs first while the country that is home to this Deluxe company and CBS Digital has to wait? I don't get it.

16. Scotty

It isn't. The UK will have the replacements first. Amazon can ship these discs faster because they have the logistics for it. The American replacement program will take a couple of days more time to ship, that's all. Early september after all could be as early as this monday.

I got the e-mail too. Great service from Amazon uk.

17. Scotty

Because the replacement service in the US is less effecient.

18. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True enough, I forgot it was nearly September.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not saying I don't want to have the defective discs replaced. I'm just not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of the episodes in the meantime, or get all outraged at CBS for something that was very clearly an honest mistake-- especially when the errors are SO incredibly easy to work around.

20. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Someone in the US has gotten their replacement discs. From Blu-ray.com:

"I received the replacement disks in the mail today, Disks 1, 3,4,5. They are packaged in a plain white cardboard first class mailer. Also enclosed is a postcard with an apology and on the reverse a picture of the animation that was uncovered for the movement inside the Dome of the Enterprise during the opening credits."