The Tardis Exterior Final Designs Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, May 12, 2010.

1. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

As many of you have known, I recently have been working on the conundrum of how to render the Tardis as it exists within it's own dimension.. as we have seen I have updated this site with many images, and my work as it has progressed over time.

After taking some time off, and re-evaluating my work, and researching the aesthetics of the Doctor who show, both old, and new.. and adding in descriptions from the writers of the spin-off material like the Lungborrow books, and Marc Platt's Work..

Still the Overall look and feel of the Tardis as seen in various glimpses of rooms like that of the cloister room, and the Space Station Zenobia, as well as the Time Lord Citadel as seen in the "End of Time" special. Each of these tremendously informative and aesthetically rich sources of material has finally led me to the conclusion I have brought you today.

Needless to say, that those of you who are interested enough to read my little diatribe before taking a gander at the image below, are much appreciated. Thank you for reading this first.. :techman:

Now what you are about to view Below is the end all be all of the Tardis Designs I have worked on, and to separate this thread from the previous Realization thread is necessary, this design is very much a full notch above anything I have ever produced thus far, and to make it much more apparent that this thread is much different It just made sense to do a new one, and move forward with this as the final design..:eek:

So if you want to read through what the Tardis is and how we got here then follow this link to the old thread:
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=117739

This is the final Design for the Tardis From Doctor Who.

What you see is the Top view of the ship and the side view, as well as the default shell, and the mode the Doctor Travels with this ship in..

[​IMG]

The Tardis is a Unique and Powerful Ship. The Reason the tardis Exists is because it is a ship that can sustain itself in an artificially created reality.

Rassilon, Omega, and a figure only known as the "Other" created the Eye of Harmony, the immense power source that allows Time Travel to Be Possible. The Singularity at the center of an Artificially created Black Hole was captured and secured on Gallifrey. Using this Singularity the Time Lord Technicians used the Singularity to Punch a hole in Time and Space, to create a mini artificial universe, in which they grew a Tardis base structure..

This Structure was then Modified using technology to create a ship, with engines, and a central Control console. A Time Lord whose Genetic structure was also tied to the ship and the generated energy known as "Artron" was given the ability to regenerate 13 times..

Artron Energy is the combined Hyper Reaction of Tachyons, Graviton, and Chroniton Particles smashed at a super speed, and the resulting power produced is the Artron energy.. Matter, Time, and Gravitational forces coming together. the Tardis is able to live off these particles and produce its own life energy..

The Dynamorphic Generators at the Base of the Ship bends space. The Tardis isn't teleported as it is simply dematerialized and Rematerialized.. Let me explain how that works and why it is different, this is due to the fact that the Time Scepter which is open to the time vortex and regular space, and Dynamorphic Generators is bending Space and OUR reality around the artificial Reality in which the Tardis exists.. so as this happens it looks as if the ship is being teleported, when the reality is, that the space warping around it, dematerializes and re-materializes it in a new area.. (As the Space Warps around the Tardis BOX, if you were watching it, you would see it disappear as the engines roar, then when it stops its bending of space it comes into being as the engines wind down. Essentially the Tardis moves into subspace and then back to Normal space thus dematerializing from normal space into a subspace realm, and re-materializing from subspace into normal space, and if you do this and allow specific objects in, you can re-materialize the Tardis around an object thereby allowing it or the object into the ship itself and Vice Verse. ) This has to be done by specific spacial vectoring to make sure it ends up in the console room..the computations for this are done from the tardis console.

Since the Exterior of the Tardis in our Normal Space is an Energy field that is turned into matter, much the same way that in Star Trek they use the Transporters to convert matter to energy and back or the Holo-deck projector, the Tardis is just able to use the matter energy construct of its Chameleon Circuits to form an object that matches it's surroundings or the Time Lord's Preference. In the case of the Doctor's Tardis, the Circuit is busted, resulting in a permanent matter construct in the from of a 1950's, Blue, Police call box.

The Time Scepter can also make the Tardis fly in conventional space, as seen in the episode "the Run Away Bride" By bending space around the reality at a constant.. and slower pace, this takes a lot of energy and control by the operator to maintain, whereas just traveling vast distances does as well, but in a different manner, which may seem easier to the Tardis operator since the movement doesn't have to be as precise..as to fly the tardis like a hovering jet or car.

since the Tardis Interior is existent in its own Reality it can access parts of space and time through the hole that is kept open by the artificial singularity on board the Tardis. The Artificial Singularity is charged by the Original Eye of Harmony on Gallifrey.

As the Tardis Spins it creates its own gravity and as it draws energy from the vortex, it feeds those particles into the ship via particle collectors on the ships edge. The energy by product is Artron, the particles that are spent are expelled through the pillars of Destiny and then they create a cloud and that cloud flows downward to the base and is then re-energized by the Vortex and sent upward to the particle collectors, an the cycle is repeated over and over again..

THE TARDIS IS RELATIVE TO THE OUTER DOOR AS THE DOOR IS RELATIVE TO THE TARDIS WITHIN. THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME.. what happens to the exterior of the Tardis affects the inner Mini Artificial universe and vice verse.. this is also how the mini universe can exist within a small blue box. The ship, the reality, the particles are the same as the Police Box.

In mathematics the fourth dimension, or a four-dimensional ("4D") space, is an abstract concept, obtained by taking the rules of our three-dimensional space and generalizing them to a space with one more dimension. It has been studied by mathematicians and philosophers for almost two hundred years, both for its own interest and for the insights it offered into mathematics and related fields.
    Algebraically it is generated by applying the rules of vectors and coordinate geometry to a space with four dimensions. In particular a vector with four elements (a 4-tuple) can be used to represent a position in four-dimensional space. The space is a Euclidean space, so has a metric and nrom, and so all directions are treated as the same: the additional dimension is indistinguishable from the other three.
    The fourth dimension in this space was sometimes interpreted as time, but this is no longer done in modern physics. In the last century spacetime was developed, which unifies space and time but with a different metric so the time dimension is treated differently from Euclidean space. The resulting space is a Minkowski Space and is usually studied separately from the space described here.

The Fourth Dimension has long been thought of to be the dimension of relative time, however modern Science fiction defines a 4TH Dimension as a separate artificially or naturally created Reality, which exists at the same time as ours.. but the laws of physics are subjective and the space this dimension occupies is relative to a point of space in this reality.

Here is a big size of the image:
    http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/art/Tardis-Type-40-Mark-I-001-163806778

More to come soon, the bottom view and an alternate side view, and the Master's Type 45 Tardis which is a modified version of the Type 40. Plus I shall also update this thread with a new Tardis Tool Sheet, so you guys can make your own. :techman:

Note: You can't really tell from the image, but, if you look just below the columns, you see the Dynamorphic Generators (similar to warp nacelles) at the bottom of the Generator, there is an orb with a 4 bar arch over it, these arches rotate in opposite directions kinda like a Gyro.. as the entire ship rotates in a clockwise direction..

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. starsuperion

I TOTALLY WANT THIS AS A SCALE MODEL! CAN SOMEONE BUILD THIS OUT OF WOOD?? MAN THIS IS FREAKING KICKASS!! I could see this as a light up toy, with the bottoms of the ship glowing in blue and the spinning gyros surrounding the glowing orbs at the bottom as they flash as it makes the Tardis "Vwworp Vwworp" sounds!

3. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. This is spectacular. I've been watching your creation evolve, and my opinion on this project has gradually gone from skepticism to outright amazement. You've done a fine job.

If no one has gotten to it by the time I've cleared out my slate, I'd like to take a stab at modeling this in 3D. It might be fun to collaborate with you on materials and colors, and the opportunity to visualize this in a variety of lighting environments will be exciting. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to tackle this right now ... but there are other talented modelers out there.

The nice thing about building it in 3D is that once you have a digital model, it'll be possible to print it out in a variety of materials. With care, one could even make it "some assembly required" and add wires and lights prior to final assembly.

4. starsuperion

I am humbled by your interest.. thank you so much..

as far as a 3D render?...

Dude! that would be awesome, if you had the time! If not, I would love to work with another 3D modeler on this..I am glad you like the new and more relevant look. if you think about it, the new look can fit both the new series and the classic as well. the top of the domes are like diamonds, and are divided into sections which can be jettisoned from the dome section, or can be jettisoned all together..

I have imagined the ship in a bronze and redish color like the citadel of the time lords and the colour of the space ship zenobia with white coloured domes, and silver structures surrounding the domes, with a bright blueish orbs at the base of the ship which twirl in energy like the classic enterprise, with the gyro armos spinning in opposite directions.. and the time sceptre emitter below the seal of rassilon which is open to a spiraling vortex of energy.. I can imagine some lights on the tops of the domes blinking.. and I think I need to do a close up of the observation towers which are located on top of the medium domes left and right of the main habitation deck section..the coral pillars beneath the tardis should be kinda like what the doctor has inside his ship.. i think that what seems reasonable to me, is that over time the ship fades from the bright white and gray colours of the classic series, and begins to discolour to the red look as the ship ages..

the interior as well.. it is like the tardis would update it's parameters via a connection to gallifrey.. Like a download link that keeps it looking white and circled inside.. but with gallifrey gone, the Tardis updates it's interior with materials it finds on earth.. and adapts the design to itself.. which is why the newer ship is different from the classic..

As far as the outside.. I like the idea that the ship is made form carbon nano fibers or tube technology.. it means the ship is lighter then any metal alloy we can create, and is as strong or stronger then diamonds, which are compressed carbon..Plus Carbon Nano technology means growing the material, verses metal molding..which fits the series definitions of the ship being grown..and sort of alive. :)

But yeah, I am glad you have followed my work, and I hope that I can get some 3D help to model this ship.. either way, I got more updated designs coming.. like the type 80, and the war Tardis.. plus I have this crazy design in mind for the sentient Tardis compassion and the sentient war Tardises after.. they have a sorta brain! it's pretty cool! all that coming soon.. :techman:

But I have to upload the bottom side and the opposite side view next so you got a complete view of the ship and trust me, man, I would LOOOOOOOOVE! a freaking 3D model, or a real wood carved Model of this thing! man that would rock! :drool:

5. starsuperion

Here is a size perspective shot of the USS Enterprise, and the Tardis Type 40, TT Capsule.

[​IMG]

Just click on the image to see the large version..

and yes, I know where the bathroom is on both ships! LOL :D

6. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Oh wow, this in one of the best threads I've read here in a long time... amazing work!

I love the design... I'll comment on it more tomorrow as I'm going to bed.

Wow!

7. starsuperion

thanks man, have a good sleep.

Well here is the thing, while I am on this subject..

the trick here is to do the Tardis Design work and progressively show how the Time Lord engineers changed their ships over time.. what is the easy part is there is plenty of reference material and Time Lord architecture to visually assist me in that progress..

the thing about it is that as the first Tardis were created, they were very antique looking, almost ornate.. I get this from a variety of sources.. but to name a few off hand.. the cloister room of the "1996 Doctor Who movie", the alternate console room from "the Deadly Assasin" to name a few..

but as time goes on we see in the Rani's Tardis, the Type 70, that the AESTHETICS BEGIN TO CHANGE, AND that technology of the Tardis does as well..

by the time of the great time war, the Tardis ships are very advanced, and get smaller as they need less space for living quarters, as they aren't used for exploration, as they are for fighting..

though the first few Tardises I image were massive.. the ones Rassilon used to conquer unruly races..

8. starsuperion

Here we see the tardis as it spins in it's own relative Dimension, from each side angle.. you see the varying differences with the larger domed deck sections.. and the columns.

If you notice there are a few details I would like to point out..

the top of the columns have an energy field generator, kinda like a shield.. which forms a sort of ceiling..

below the tops of the columns, but still at the top, you see what looks like a grate of some kind, this is where the particle exhaust ports are, which is necessary for the ship to sustain the Artificial Dimension/reality bubble in which it rests..as the particles flow out of the top they form a ceiling of clouds visible from all the observation towers.. those particles flow downward as the Tardis spirals clockwise..

at the bottom of the ship you see a bulb.. this is the energy canon of sorts, which keeps the ship and the artificial dimension open to the time vortex, and subspace.. It focuses the Artificial Singularity's (Artificial eye of harmony's) gravitational pull..the fan like fingers above the bulb rotate in a counter clockwise direction and pull fresh particles up from the vortex.. those particles flow into the large bulb just above the cloister room at the base of the large dome.. you see it looks like rectangle ports..that is where the particle intake is, and those particles flow directly into the reaction chamber where they are charged and super collided at a tremendous speed which releases the Artron energy necessary for the ship to survive and thrive..

Particles:

Gravitons
    Chronitons (from the time Vortex)
    Tachyons

Super collided into Atron Energy

This is kind a like a circle of life type deal.. in order for the Tardis to keep the hole to the vortex and subspace reality open, it must have an artificial singularity in the cloister room active..it must then draw particles from the vortex and subspace to create Artron energy, which fuels every facet of the ship's functions.. and also aides the time lord pilot in regenerations..those particles then must be expelled to form the bubble of reality in which the Time ship exists in.

this entire package is referred to as a Time Capsule.. because it is within it's own time separate from the normal universe, and the general bubble formed by the ship creates a sort of oval (capsule) shape..and is self sustained and encapsulated..

the base of the columns you see what looks like an engine of sorts.. those are the Dynamorphic Generators, they warp space around the artificial Dimension and move the Tardis about space and time. At the base of the Bulb you see a devise which has "spinners" attached to it, these "spinners" are Universal Directional Gyros and spin in opposite directions as the ship moves in space and time, they are used to direct the energy flow of the warp field to keep the Tardis level and stable in flight.. they can allow for precise control, even for the ship to fly and hover just above the ground inf light in the atmosphere.. like in the Runaway bride..

any how here is the turn around image.. the Tardis has 4 sides.. it actually has a hexagon shape when viewed form above.. and yet has circular domes.. it matches the design of the interior in that way..(the console, the roundels, and the shape of the room itself..)

I Have also Provided a Large view for you to see if you want to view it in high def and all the detailing..

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1686/rotationangles.png

a 2nd file sheet showcasing the underside of the Tardis and this 2nd side view is coming soon.. for those who like the formal Data file format..

remember to go to my Deviant art page listed above if you want to download a big version of the data file 001.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  9. starsuperion

Okay, so here is the new file card showcasing the bottom and alternative tardis side View..

I have put the original above it so you can see it in both the top and bottom together..

Ooops! I deleted the first image from my image page.. sorry.. well, at least I replaced it below..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  10. starsuperion

I got a lot of personal emails asking me to do a full version with a break down of the components of the ship.. so to those who requested it, here ya go! :techman:

[​IMG]

11. starsuperion

I wanted to update this thread with a minor point (mainly for those who have contacted me about colouring the design, and or doing it in a 3D model type way).. the domes structures of the Tardis are diamond shaped and looks almost exactly like this...each can separate from the main structure, and are comprised of multiple decks and levels, or storage areas.. depending on the layout of the ship..:) these diamond like shapes would be shaped into a hexagon with a larger and more distinct border around each hexagonal shape..

[​IMG]

Just for fun, I added the Tardis to this ship chart.. click the thumbnail to get the download.. LOL :techman:
    with mozilla Firefox, Right click "view image" to see it in the largest size.. can you spot the Tardis??
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

12. starsuperion

I got this other little project I am working on, just like I am working on more schematics of the various tardis designs..

this project is the Great Bowships!
    Bowships were warcraft used by the Time Lords in their war against the Great Vampires.

wikipedia..

Now to be fair, this is only a sneak peek at the design I have in the works..

it seems to me that the Time Lords would have perfected a ship that could fold space as apposed to fly like a Tardis since that ship is so complex and takes tremendous energy to maintain itself..let alone be used for vampire hunting.. so i figured, Rassilon and the others would have used space fold technology.. and so this design shows what are folding nacells on the back dimensional kinetic ring.. the DKR is a weapon of tremendous power.. what it does is magnetically super charge the "mighty bolt of steel" kinetically and from it's stock pile location which is dimensionally transcendental, it links up with the DKR and the "mighty bolt of steel" comes hurling out of the front of the bowship at a super speed, able to pierce the toughest vampire's skin.

The Ship is created from self replicating carbon nano fiber tubes, and can repair itself in a fast manner.. the front end of the ship you see the bow, and the bridge area..

the steel bolt, is aprox 150 feet long.. and is instantaneously fired from the dimensional stockpile area.

the back ring, and the main part of the ship are held together by a graviton field..and can be separated in case of damages.. the space fold technology for the main ship exists but on a smaller scale..meaning slower and more localized folding.. and travel great distances becomes limited..

here is the sneak peek..

[​IMG]

the back end fo the ship is always spinning.. and those mighty metal spires that come barreling out of the bowships are supplied to every ship in the fleet from the same store house.. this makes it easy for fleets to mount a full scale assault without having to reload at some starbase or something like that..

I will be doing the loading ship and it's manufacturing plant inside the pocket universe, like a tardis..
    A full schematic will be coming soon..

the large circular section near the back end of the ship is the massive energy shield generators..which can absorb energy attacks..

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  13. starsuperion

Man, I tell you guys something... i have been hit with tons of emails on these New Tardis Designs.. so I finally got the Type 70 up to snuff so to speak..

here is a sneak peek..

[​IMG]

it takes awhile to design a tardis..

now this is a sneak peek, Edit: I finalized it!. but you can see the structural mods.. this is the Rani's Type 70 Tardis.. a structurally stronger and improved version over that of the Doctor's Tardis..

and man, I love this one..

once I am done with the type 70, and the type 91 war tardis.. I will be posting tool kits for those who want to make their own tardis.. and I will include tons of variations.. like the Type 45, and the Type 80..as well as the proto-tardis..

so stay tuned..

:techman:

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  14. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

My only problem is the size. You've made it quite small in comparison to my mental image of a vast city-sized ship that one could easily get lost in. At the very least I'd think 2 or 3x the size. You could also do a lot more with the look of the default shell than a plain box. Give it a bit of that Timelordiness the rest of it exudes. Otherwise I love it, and it has been a pleasure to watch it evolve. Huge improvements all around.

15. 26138

26138 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do agree that the TARDIS seems that it should be "bigger-er" on the inside. However, I must disagree about the exterior. The "plain box" is what the TARDIS is theorized to look like without the chameleon circuit active. Reference is The War Games. You can see a row of SIDRATs or TARDISs (not sure which one they are) in this clip from that serial. They're in the rear of the first shot of the clip when Jamie and Zoe are talking to the time lord. Jamie and Zoe also enter one at around 3 minutes into the clip. Here's a picture of a SIDRAT from that serial:

[​IMG]

16. starsuperion

The problem with this site we are currently on is that if you modify an image and try to go back and edit a post, there seems to be a time limit..

below is a revised scale sheet showing the Tardis and the Abrams Enterprise..

[​IMG]

hmmmm.. maybe a top view would convey a better scale?

[​IMG]

The best place to get the "up to date" Tardis designs and download them is on my deviant art site..

But here, I have reloaded the current images..these are the final versions..

http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but as far as size goes.. this comparison of the Tardis and the Newer Enterprise is a great example of the massiveness of the Tardis.. it's quite large, and if you think about the fact that the ship itself is spread out and is only piloted by 1 person.. think of all the space within that ship..

now, if you go by the episode of doctor who, Castrovalva.. The doctor and Adric ended up deep within the tardis in a matter of hours.. as apposed to days...so by that measure, and the multiple resources I have researched, I think that this final scale and size is about right.. now a tardis can add more Dome sections.. which house thousands of rooms and deck levels..but I think that most of the Doctor's ship is just about the size I have given it.. think about how in the classic series he had to jettison several rooms just to get a boost in power.. it seems to me that the Doctor's Tardis has to be a smaller size, considering the cost of power to maintain itself..and the fact he has to jettison sections to up his level of power in flight..

anyways.. in the size comparison to the USS Enterprise.. think of how large the Bridge is, and the saucer section with all those quarters, rooms, and departments, and decks.. then add that to just the smaller domes on the Tardis, and compare. then take a look at the observation towers, and you will notice the scale of the ship is quite massive..

By my measure, the Tardis at it's width, is 2,550 feet
    and at it's tallest Habitable areas it is 750 Feet..
    1,650 Feet Tall Total..

2550 feet = 777.24 meters, so I am a bit off in my ship chart scale below:

[​IMG]

the official description from the novel "deceit" which describes an exterior view of the tardis by Ace from one of the observation towers said the Corinthian type columns of the Tardis were atleast 100 to 150 feet in diameter.. so that is another source for the size I used in the design of the Tardis..

The Plain box is all that i have ever seen of the default look of the ships.. even in the Marvel comics Doctor who from back in the day.. check issue no. 4, 2nd story in the back which was set on Gallifrey.. it was a box..of a different type of opening. I hear what your saying though, the ornate design of the tardis kinda begs for the default exterior to look more comparable.. however much of my work is artistic license, but it is all based on all of the referenced descriptions I have seen or read.. which is why the exterior of it has to remain a plain box, cause that is how the series to date has depicted it..

I really did base all of this on what we know..

On a side note, thanks for the compliment :techman:

this is the exact source.. you are completely correct..

as for the size of the Tardis.. please refer to the top side explanation.. I made corrections to the size in the final deviant art images, and I re-uploaded my Imageshack versions for you guys to see the new scale.. the Tardis is massive, IMHO, but If you imagine for a moment, from the new images I have submitted here.. the sheer size of the ship compared to the enterprise and the fact that a football field is at best 200 feet.. then you can see how massive this ship truly is, considering the smallest dome section is 200 feet in diameter..

lets consider another fact, the Type 40 Tardis had 305 versions made..

now consider that as the Time lords progressed they made a 45th type, a 70 Type, and so on.. and each type probably had 305 renditions made..so it just seems to me that it would take much longer to make 305 ships the size of a city then to make the 305 ships the size of 2,550 feet long, by 1,650 feet tall..I do think though, that the Tardis type 41, 42, 43, etc.. were probably only 1 or 2 made, and that when the Time Lords decided to mass produce a series, it was because they had the best version at that tiime, which is why some of the Tardis we see int he series are either 40, 45, or 70 types..and not a type 42, 43, etc..

now I am sure the tardis ships can create more deck sections and expand beyond what I have done here.. but like I said, consider the episodes of logopolis, castrovalva, the invasion of time, and the novel "deceit.." and the 1996 movie.. which gave the impression the cloister room was far away, but not too far..
    So my point of view is the Tardis is massive.. but not too massive, and is very spacious considering there aren't a lot of crew quarters crammed into one space..like an enterprise ship..

17. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

The TARDIS interior has been analogous in size to a small moon, or least has the potential to be that big on the inside, the Doctor's I think has shrunk over the years, he's jettisoned a lot of modules over time, but still, think BIGGER IMO. I'd put it more in line with the size of the Deathstar.

18. starsuperion

I can accept that it would have the potential to get that big.. I want to do a large schematic at some point showing a Tardis over grown, so much so that the outer lengths have become blackened and decayed because it grew too much.. kind alike a cancerous Tardis.. it just wouldn't stop growing.. and to do so it lost the ability to traverse time, and just sat there gorging itself on the particles and energy it drew from the rift via it's time sceptre..

IMHO the Tardis should have an optimum size.. and if it got too big, it would then have to release those sections or face serious problems..like the overgrown version I have described.. to make a Tardis as large as you say it should be, would cost tremendous energy to maintain.. and to do that would limit it's potential.. consider that also in the novels that the Tardis is shrunken to about the size of a small space ship as it was not needing the extra rooms for exploration..and was used for war.. so to conserve energy the war Tardis was made intentionally smaller..

and even still were the Sentient Tardis, which were even smaller then the War Tardises.. so honestly..while the Tardis I have designed can certainly add on multiple sections and more pillars/columns to hold back the dimensional forces..I would think that there is an optimum range which the images I have given depict.. I mean rationally what would the Time Lords need with more then a ship which is 2,550 feet long? with all those rooms and sections.. what else could they possibly want to include in the Tardis? The ships were supposed to be designed for exploration, and yet they never used them for more then that...

why build ships the size of Deathstars, and yet not use them?
    why would the Tardis be the size of a deathstar to begin with? I think that our perception of what we think the tardis is in size is because the series has never quantified the size.. so left un-realized.. we tend to think it is bigger then it is...

I think it has the potential to get the size of a deathstar.. but realistically i think that 2,550 feet in length is quite large enough, and realistically is believable considering the particles and energy needed to sustain itself in its own dimension, and still be able to traverse time and space..

But I love this idea of a Type 40 Tardis that has overgrown itself so much so that it has become a decaying and monstrous machine..

a ZOMBIE Tardis!

I love it!

Brent, in a round about way, you just gave me a Great Idea! thanks man! :D

19. starsuperion

Here is an answer to the size factor.. this is what the Tardis would look like when it is grown to a Maximum size..

[​IMG]

Now I am going to work up a Zombie Tardis.. I love the idea..that a Tardis would corrupt itself by overgrowing, and then start to decay and eat at itself, and then become a zombie of sorts.. seeking out life to sustain itself, thus corrupting that life and turning those beings into zombies themselves.. until they turn to dust.. and the Zombie Tardis would make an excellent plot for a show..

I can't wait to start work on that..

anyhow.. a Tardis will grow and then stop, unless something is wrong and then it gluts on th energy it thrives off of from the universe, and the engines phase, and the ship starts to feed on itself and... well you will see.. :) but first....

I need to finish the basics of the type 70, coming soon..:techman:

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  20. starsuperion

Many people have asked me about this.. so..

Here is my shoddy attempt at coloring the Tardis as seen in it's own reality..

if you look closely in the downloaded-able version, you will see near the bottom of the time sceptre the cloister room, which is adorned with a massive seal of Rassilon, a homage by the Time Lord engineers to the creator of their power..

the tardis is white, with some metallic silver, reddish copper, and gold, and blue glowing lights, with blinking lights and at the base of the Dynamorphic generators (under the pillars/columns), the bulbs pulse and rotate like the classic Star Trek Enterprise, while 2 gyro bars spin around the bulb in opposite directions..producing a light effect at the base..

in addition to that, the fan like section just below the cloister room, which has what look like fingers pointing downward, spin and draws energy particles up from the vortex spinning below the time sceptre..which then get drawn upwards to the intake section above the cloister deck, and are forced into the reaction chamber, whereby they are super collided into atron energy the life blood of the Tardis ship..and an energy field is emitted from the top, and excess particles are expelled from the crown of the pillars of destiny creating a matter bubble in which the Tardis can exist.. these particles are then re-excited and replenished via the open vortex below the Tardis Time Sceptre, and the process continues in a cycle..

In addition to the universal Gyros, and the particle propeller, the entire Tardis itself is slowly spinning in a clockwise direction..

[​IMG]

to download the full size, go here:
    http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/#/d2q2799

zombie Tardis...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010