Eccleston gets Left Behind

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jun 10, 2013.

1. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

3. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I'm happy to see that Eccleston is on the show as I was already looking forward to it since Lindelof is writing.

4. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

They've seen it, but through the same lenses they wear when watching Steven Moffat's work. Apparently these lenses transfer vaguely interesting but ill-thought-out sci-fi ideas into clockwork sci-fi plotting, and banal, inconsistent characterization into gripping character drama. I must get myself a pair.

5. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wait, you're complaining about inconsistent characterisation? You have a The Stolen Earth/Journey's End avatar :p. The blockbuster story where seemingly all the normal, everyman characters randomly came back as soldiers wielding huge guns (Rose, Martha, Mickey, Jackie). Doesn't get more insanely inconsistent than that.

Lindelof is a good writer with some impressive Lost episodes under his belt, I don't blame him for Star Trek Into Darkness. I do kinda blame him for a lot of the flaws in Prometheus though that script went through 5 billion drafts so it was always gonna be messy.

6. Amaris

Amaris Guest

The premise looks interesting, and with Eccleston on board, I'm definitely there, but Damon Lindelof is behind it? I think I'm going to love it already.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Lindelof gets a pass from me for the rest of his life because of LOST. The new Star Trek film could've been a two hour remake of Spock's Brain and I'd still give Lindelof a pass.