Fable 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PKerr, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Beat the game, I only had half the money I was supposed to have. The only thing that happened was a I got a screen saying most survived but many died. Wow, that's why I left my 360 on for several hours to earn money for? :wtf:

Onto Fallout New Vegas!

BTW several missions unlock when you beat the game. I did a few, they were meh.

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Are you saying you didn't have to fight the darkness in Bowerstone, or did I not understand correctly?

3. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am now finishing off the couple of missions before heading towards the big battle, I'm doing the mission for the Queen of Aurora.
    As I became King of Albion I already had 9 million whatever-the-currency, so I'm hoping nobody's going to die. By now I have more than 11 million in the Treasury.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

No I did the final stage fighting the shadows, I'm just saying nothing catastrophic happened within the game because I didn't have enough money.

5. PsychoPere

That is a nice amount of gold.

Ah, got ya. Yeah, that was a little disappointing. I've enjoyed playing this one, but ultimately I think I enjoyed Fable II more.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah I liked Fable 2 more. The only thing I thought was vastly improved in this one is the world map because you can buy property from the map rather than having to literally walk to every property to do it. That was awesome. Not that this one was bad, just a smidgen less so. The last third of the game when you're King/Queen was definitely disappointing, the "missions" consisted of saying yes/no in the throne room and it was just about collecting money.

7. Niorah

:D

I started accumulating it early...

It's the classic story of a young Hero: I used to work all night baking cakes and playing the lute and in the morning I'd go and buy a couple of houses to rent out, then off I'd be adventuring and getting more money, just to put it right back into property, then when I could buy shops, I started doing it like there was no tomorrow. Voilà. Now I have 11 million Fable$ in the treasury and 5 million in my personal Sanctuary. I think we're ready for the Darkness. Bring it on. :D

8. PsychoPere

I think that was one of my financial problems. I didn't do nearly enough side jobs to supplement my property purchases. If I had, I might have been able to buy more businesses and houses earlier and raked in some more gold.

Currently, I'm considering replaying the trilogy starting with the games on demand version of Fable, since I don't have a physical copy myself.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I didn't do any jobs. I found doing jobs intensely boring, in Fable 2 as well.

10. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I did pie making early on to get money to buy shops and houses but after that just ignored them.

Ok game - way too easy (yeah I know they've never been tricky but I didn't die once and even in the final battle didn't feel under any pressure at all) and as usual with this series, some of the hyped up bits (the whole making hard decisions when you take the throne) didn't live up to expectations.

Can't see why I'd go back to play the unlocked quests to be honest unless I'm in the mood to work through the achivements.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That reminds me I got through the entire game without dying once... and then in the final battle I kept losing health for no apparent reason and abruptly died for the first time! :mad: Apparently there were little twisters going around the screen and they sap your health away faster than any enemy combatant ever could :rollseyes:

12. Niorah

^ I wanted to come out of the first run through the game with that achievement too, but I did die I think in my first encounter with some balverines that caught me by surprise (and that I underestimated, stupidly enough). I did go back to a previous save but I think the game remembered that I got knocked out that once and I didn't get the achievement in the end. Darn. :shifty: :borg:

13. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, there are no previous saves - you might have shut down your console when you died, but for some people that didn't work.

Certainly it was an annoying achievement and it's why I stocked up on health potions over and over again.

14. Niorah

^ Well, I do need a second playthrough anyway, just so I can play as both male and female and see how it goes. :)

Does anyone know this: if I start a new game, will I still be able to access my old game? Like in Fable II, where you were given the chance to have more than one Hero.

15. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep, you can switch characters from the Sanctuary.

16. PsychoPere

17. Niorah

^ Good news! :D

Thanks firehawk, I did find that out in the end, and I have already done a second playthrough with an entirely different character. :techman:

18. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm ready for it, I'm all but done with this puppy, I have one achievement left to get, the weapons one, man what a pain in the @ss.

19. PsychoPere

The Understone Quest Pack is now available at 400 MSP ($5 USD; £3.40). Oh, and queue up the pitchforks around the internets, folks, because this DLC is definitely on the disc already.

20. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Gonna pass on it now as I read you can complete it in less than 45 min, has no achievements and does NOT help you in collecting all the weapons.