Hancock ad complaint (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Caretaker, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

Then all of you guys go rent and re-watch it again, and buy it on DVD and Blu-ray.

2. Stegoman05

Stegoman05 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I just watch it over the weekend. It was pretty good movie, nothing special. Could of have been better if it stay on path from the first part of the movie. Do hope there is another one tho.

3. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

I finally watched this today when my wife gave me an early Christmas present. I avoided all spoilers and had no idea what the twist was.

The twist was telegraphed early on and had it figured by the time they showed us. But still it was fun. I really like Will Smith and Charlize is sooo yummy.

Hopefully they will do a sequel.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

posting on another thread has me wondering, will Hancock be appearing in anything other than movies? Hancock vs Aliens for example?

5. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

I am just wondering why you said it was not? It did well domestically and really well world wide and most likely on dvd

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

It may do poorly on DVD but that won't make it a failure nothing can make it a failure due to the sheer amount of money made at the box office. However I don't see any reason to watch it again but normally big movies in terms of $ sell at least decent at in DVD sales.

ps - Thanks T'Bonz for changing my username :techman:

7. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

Anything it makes on dvd, rentals, and tv sales is just gravy

8. paudemge

paudemge Captain Captain

I didn't really realize that Charlize Theron was a big star.
    I enjoyed the first half of the movie and they should have continued on with that, ending the movie with Hancock accepted and even loved by the 'people' but him still sad and lonely. The sequel if there was one, could have been the second half, just done better.

But it does seem they are trying to use the fact that its two movies in one, they marketed the first half for the box office run and now are marketing the second half for dvd sales.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  9. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watched it over the weekend. What is being called a twist, is more like a radical left turn into another movie. The first part is a mildly amusing - if tonally uneven (it bounces around from hyper realism to impossible cartoon feats of human biology to standard super hero stuff); everything after the left turn is drivel. The ending is so sappy as to be wretch inducing. Not sure what they were thinking.

10. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

:cardie:

11. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

doesnt she have an Oscar?

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Marisa Tomei and Mira Sorvino both have Oscars too. But Theron is a much bigger name, not only critically but commercially.

13. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

You think that's bad, think of the Star Trek III's Nimoy-pissing off "The last journey of the starship Enterprise!" kabloom trailer!!

14. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I liked hancock and didnt know about the twist until it was revealed so I was surprised.

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

That annoyed me too, but I'd also heard the twist was lame, and yeah that's lame, so being spoiled on a twist that would simply have underwhelmed me isn't so bad...

But they screwed themselves out of a DVD rental because now that I know the lame-ass twist, I've just booted it off my Netflix list. Also the comments here don't fill me with any great desire to see this thing.

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Worst spoiler marketing ever...

[​IMG]