SNL, Monk, BSG, Eureka, Psych, In Plain Sight = Netflix Instant

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Out of the specific titles mentioned in the article, I think I'm most interested in Psych. I had watched season 1 back when it aired and loved it, but never made time for season 2 and I've been out of touch with the series ever since. I'd love to get caught up on it this way.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Eureka is the only one that intersts me. I saw S1 about 6mo ago and would like to get caught up, this sounds like a good way.

4. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is great. There are some vintage SNLs I'd like to revisit, plus I'd like to watch some more Monk - I lost touch with it after season 1.

I'm on the $10 plan (one disc at a time) and between that and the streaming, it's one service that I feel I actually get my money's worth.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Every episode of SNL?

That's fucking awesome! :eek:

6. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

My thoughts exactly.

As of now, that's 680 episodes! :eek:

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

They reported this on the news area me and said it was SELECTED SNLs. Music rights might get in the way of skits.

8. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds good to me. I want to go back and watch Psych again and look for the pineapples.

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Might be a good time to go back and watch Eureka. I've heard many good things about it, this season in particular. Also might be nice to watch some BSG again, especially the first season and the Starbuck three parter which was when Starbuck was cool.

10. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Netflix is seriously the best 20 bucks I spend every month.

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Well than I'm probably not interested.

It's probably the same "selected" episodes people have had access to for sometime--the same ones I've seen a hundred-gillion-bazillion times. :rolleyes:

12. PsychoPere

^ Looking at the press release, it definitely does not state "every episode." It says "episodes from every season" and "hundreds of episodes from the first 35 years," so it is likely not to be every single SNL episode.

13. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

At first I was really miffed when it was announced that netflix would have a time delay for the DVDs coming out, but am really appreciating the instant watch expansion side of the deal.

Instant watch looks like it's displacing netflix's DVD side of business, which is probably both good for the consumer and the business.

Streaming the movies/TV online is cheaper than shipping and maintaining the DVDs, yes?

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would think so. Saves shipping and Postage costs and it's efficient for both sides. I just wish Fox and ABC could make a deal with Netflix to put some of their shows on the site, like Modern Family, which I would watch instantly if the option was available.

15. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool. I've been wanting to watch the first few seasons of Monk and Eureka.

Seriously, Netflix is one of the best investments I've ever made. And with all the shit we watch, I make up the $10 fee within two days, max :evil:

16. PsychoPere

It's all up, folks. (Thanks to watermelony2k for first pointing it out.)