all time favorite TV scenes

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Perusing the DS9 forum, I found (for only the ten millionth time :rommie:) an ITPM thread, with the obligatory link to this scene.

Which instantly reminded me of this scene from Dexter. Both incredible dramatic turning points for the shows (and Dexter wins some kind of prize for being even more chilling than murderous interstellar conspiracy.)

So what are your favorite scenes from any & all TV shows - video links highly encouraged of course!

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Babylon 5: Londo announces the defeat of the Narns with angry bluster and G'Kar gives his "we will be FREEEEE" speech. ... LOST: so many to choose from, but how about Desmond turning the key at the end of Season 2?

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

24 -- the second season, when George Mason goes down with the nuclear bomb, and David Palmer watches the explosion from the window of Air Force One and doesn't say a word.

Battlestar Galactica -- Kara Thrace plays 'All Along the Watchtower' on the piano, and when Tigh realizes what it is, he asks himself, "what the frak?"

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Here's a clip...

6. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Lost..."We have to go back!"

Babylon 5...John Sheridan records a message for his son's 21st birthday.

Battlestar Galactica..."If it were you, we'd never leave."

24...I'll 2nd the George Mason death scene

JLU...Superman vs. Captain Marvel (They need to make a Superman movie with an action like that!)

Supernatural...Dean reveals what happened to him in hell

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

8. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

9. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Any scene between Leroy Jethro Gibbs and a child.

Any scene where Connor Trinneer's muscles are evident (tight black shirt optional).

Here's an oldie most of you won't get: Sammy Davis Jr. kisses Archie Bunker during a photo op.

Any scene that has the emotional punch to make me cry.

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lost - Live Together, Die Alone - Locke and Desmond have a nice little chat.

Babylon 5 - "head on a stick"

11. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

DEXTER:
    Man, when Dexter
    head-butted
    Doakes, and just walked away, that was a huge turning point, and I couldn't believe he did that.

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION:
    The whole battle at the end of "Yesterday's Enterprise" -- just love the drama.

Picard's speech in "The Best of Both Worlds" (Part 1?) about this perhaps jsut being another page in the hisotyr books: "turn the page".

"Who Watches the Watchers". Where Picard, despite his best efforts, realizes he has failed to get threw to her.

"The Mind's Eye". Where Geordi is in the simluation, pulls out the Type B(?) phaser, and kills O'Brian. I love McCarthy's dark score underpinning the scene (I'd LOVE to hear that apart from the episode).

"Deja Q". "You're so stolid; you weren't like before the beard." :lol:

Fucking hilarious, and Troi's reaction:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ZYzvD1rJ8

DUE SOUTH (first run)
    "Victoria's Secret". The whole darkness to the two-parter. From Deif approaching the room, and the rumbling evil score underneath and the gunshot going off, to that breif second where you see the gun when Frasier tries to join her.

"The Wild Bunch". From 0:55 to 2:10 -- heart breaking what he almost had to do. I got a promotional CD from one of the show's three composers (who all worked together) that has that whole piece of music; I LOVE that music.

I can't recall the episode, but it was something like the tennants were going to be evicted from the building Fraiser and them were living in, and he goes to a building meeting, taking the stand, and he just tells stories about his life growing up, refusing to give up the stand, though the meeting leader demanded it. By the end, Ray has gotten other people to enter the room while Frasier tells the stories and hardships and the meeting leader is now one of the people passing along a glass of water to a parched Frasier. The whole thing was just inspiring and makes you think one person can really make a difference. This is the kind of stuff that was sadly missing from nearly every episode of the second run of the series (for those who don't know, the show last like two years, was cancelled, then brough back for a second two year run in Canada).[/I]

GUNSMOKE:
    "Chato" (watch legally.Starring everybody's favorite KHAAAANNNNN! as Chato. One of the series' absolute best episodes. The drama later in the film, sitting in front of the fire, the understanding between him and Matt; and I love the scene where his girl -- being held by Marshall Matt Dillion (star of the series) -- stands up, unscrews the cantine and takes a drink then, "Hey, lawman, you're water" grinning evily and puring it out, "a mistake. It fall on the ground..." finishes emptying it.
    Matt turns around, getr another cantine, unscrews it and replies, "No, that was your water -- mine's right here" smiling. :lol:

"Matt Dillion Must Die!". Another one I consider oen of the series is best episodes. Pa's crazyness and what he does at the end. Or his speech while just sitting in his room looking at the large painting of his late wife. He was out of his mind.

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES:
    "I Am the Night". The slow motion scene where Barbara throws herself over her father while the Jazz Man aims the gun.

"The Clock King". Shit, that whole episode is one long good scene for me. Just so much to love there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5HjKITrqQ&feature=related

"The Forgotten". Where Bruce is dreaming and poor people come up to him, he gives them some money, but more & more & more come to the point where he realizes he can't help them all, closes his eyes and a tear sheds.

"Feat of Clay -- Part 1". The rooftop battle.

His dream in "Dreams In Darkness". It's sometimes edited in re-runs because it was, I would guess, too dark and disturbing for kids.

"Almost Got 'im".
    "And then?"
    "I hit him with a rock!!!" :lol:

And that very last line at the end .. priceless. :techman:

"Second Chance". The scene where Two-Face's is obsession with his coin nearly kills him.

FRASIER:
    Fraiser and Niles make their way into a very exclusive spa, only to learn ther membership isn't good enough and there is a Gold memberhip. They get that (this is from memory), but find there is a Silver membership, so they promptly get that -- since nothing is ever good enough to them here. This all leads to one of the series best moments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDjuz3IBNg
    (beginning to 4:35)

"The Ski Lodge". "And no one ..... was chasing me?" :lol:

SCRUBS:
    The "Man Cards" scenes (forget the peisode):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmOvgwhbMW4
    (for those who have not seen the show before, in order to fully appreciate the third clip, you have to know two things: Cox almsot always refers to J.D. as a girl, and two: in this episode Turk [the black guy] and is secretly sneaking Carl birth control pills in brownies, which J.D. ate).

One of Kelso's classic lines:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnop4eqmqRQ&feature=related

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER:
    The end scene from the season two episode "Killed By Death". What a great ending. Few series ever hit a groove like that.

"The Gift". Where Buffy realizes what she has to do.

Spike here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkOkq61gtzc
    (0:37 to 0:50)

Many other scenes.

ANGEL:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aNpwTAadGs

THE VENTURE BROS.:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9A0YCUCZbI

THE PRISONER:
    "Everybody votes for a dictator..."

RED DWARF:
    For those who have never seen the show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGHiPtY2yU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1o78X0BQ5k&feature=fvw

FIREFLY:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cxgWrmW2qY
    (9:55 to end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz8L...26C00713&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13
    (4:05 to 4:37)

MAGNUM, PI:
    "Ivan -- did you see the sun rise this morning?"
    "Yes. It was beautiful. Why?"

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  12. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

^^^That Magnum scene is a classic.

The final line of the Turkey's Away ep. of WKRP.

The Tongue Tied song from Red Dwarf.

The Cat dancing with the Starbugs in Back To The Red.

Murdock on the stand during the trial of the A-Team.

Fraser accidently setting his dad's chair on fire and almost hitting him with as they threw it off the bacony.

The fourth Doctor's "Do I have the right?" speech in Genesis Of The Daleks.

KITT VS Golith in the desert in the second season premiere of Knight Rider.

The Death Star run in Stargate SG1's The Fallen.

13. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Farscape, "Into the Lion's Den Part 2". Crais' speech leading up to Talyn's starburst, and then Crichton's "This ship is dead! The wormhole experiment is over!" speech to the alien scientist as everything goes to hell around them.

Both of the Jeffster performances in Season 2 of Chuck.

Kira and Odo initiate Sisko's program designed to sabotage the station, then declare that Dukat "can have it" in the season 5 finale "Call to Arms". Also the last shot, with the Defiant and Martok's ship joining the allied armada.

The revelation that Annyong is the mastermind of the Bluths' downfall in the series finale of Arrested Development.

14. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a good episode. I just watched it. I watched it the other day, too. The first episode of the second season of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century almost completely copied this Gunsmoke episode. Hawk played the Chato character and Buck was Matt Dillon.

15. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Holy Fuck! How many people were killed in the collateral damage from the buildings falling down?!

17. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
  18. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

"Bill ... I stole your cane." :D

Super Karate Monkey Death Car.

Bill: "...I only care about pleasing your woman."
    Dave: "Bill, she's not my woman."
    Bill: "And how."

19. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yeah, baby.......:drool:

The A-Team, episode "Holiday in the Hills."
    Face: Murdock, what's going to happen?
    Murdock: Looks like we're gonna crash, Faceman.
    Face: (laughs) No, really, Murdock. What's going to happen?
    Murdock: Oh, OK, you got me. Looks like we're going to crash...and DIE.

Magnum,PI, as previously mentioned commits cold blooded murder:
    Did You See The Sunrise?

Avon considers abandoning the others. I've always loved this scene from Blake's 7.
    Horizon

On St. Elsewhere, Dr. Fiscus is shot and goes to the "After Life", temporarily in limbo and meets his late pal, Peter White--and discovers he really WAS the serial rapist.

Daniel Jackson dies and ascends (the first time). I cried buckets the first time I saw it.
    Meridian.

Deadwood. Al and Wu attempt to communicate. So glad I taught you that word.
    (definitely not work-safe!)

Al puts the Reverend out of his misery and the Doc has words with God.
    Mercy