What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I played the first one when it came out like 5-6 years ago. It was okay. Nothing special, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

The sequel is just too much hack 'n' slash with no real sense of story. Some of the controls are pretty clumsy, and the boss battles are soooooooo tedious.

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that may have been the reason I picked it up in the first place after reading that book.

I was going to play Harpoon again, but realized I had the Amiga version and my old A500+ seems to have given up for the moment:(

3. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

You know, John Clark, your name is the same as a character in a few of Clancy's novels. :)

I've always wanted to have a good sub simulator, but the only ones I can find are WWII based. I want to play a modern sub warfare game.

The closest I had to that was 688 Attack Sub on Sega Genesis. It was a fun game. One of my favorite diversions in that game was seeing how quickly I could navigate trenches....inspired by Ramius' speed run to Thor's Twins in the movie of "Hunt For Red October". :)

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. Picked up the novel of Red October at school and ended up getting hooked:)

If you're looking for modern era sub games, most of the modern setting ones (at least on the PC) seem to be more than a few years old.

There's Tom Clancy's SSN - but that's almost 20 years old now. (I've never played it so can't give a review. - It doesn't feel like it's that long since I first say it in store)

I had Subwar 2050 and Archimedean Dynasty (both dos) but those were both closer to Wing Commander type games than something like the Silent Hunter series. Besides 688 Attack Sub, there was also 688I on dos. (missed that one too).

Most seem to be WW2 era though. I think the last Sub Sim I played was one of the earlier Sub Hunter ones.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I am giving up on "The Force Unleashed II." I don't remember the first one being so bad, but this one is just awful. It has some of the clumsiest controls of any game I've played, and the plot is almost non-existent. The voice acting is also horrible; anytime a character speaks (or screams...there's a lot of screams) I find myself yelling at them to shut up.

So...I'm moving on to Far Cry 3.

6. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm playing Assassin's Creed II, as part of the Ezio Trilogy collection. I bought the first AC way back when it first came out but never really got into it, yet I've still been curious about the games ever since. A friend recommended I buy this set, and so far I'm enjoying AC2 a lot.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The first AC is boring. AC2 is a vast improvement. The games get a little redundant if you play them in succession, but the Ezio trilogy has a great story.

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I have a large enough backlog that I expect to play at least one game in between the Ezio installments, precisely to avoid that problem.

I really need to stop buying games until I actually have time to follow through and play them...

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually never played the first AC. I got AC2 without knowing anything about it, and it's one of my favorite games, and still the best AC game.

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Currently watching the spouse continuing her Mass Effect 2 save in ME3. Much like DA2, I've really grown to like ME3, especially including all the DLC and the reworked ending.

11. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I was playing Assassins Creed Black Flag, but got stuck on a puzzle and I hate complicated puzzles so I traded it in for Watchdogs and Wolfenstein.

12. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Welp! I'm addicted to playing Tomodachi Life! :p :lol:

Been having fun with it's quirky sense of humor and seeing the characters develop their own relationships with one another.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Black Flag had puzzles?

14. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project on my Xbox360.

I'm digging this one. I love the retro vibe. Duke returning to his side-scrolling roots! :adore:

The overall quality of this game is so much better than Duke Nukem Forever its almost unbelievable.

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I was gonna ask about that... I don't remember having to use my brain while playing Black Flag.

16. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Played a little bit of the Destiny alpha on PS4. Didn't care for it very much. Knocked out DuckTales Remastered on PC on Hard... now I'm pondering if I want to go for the clean sweep on achievements. It has the locked Extreme difficulty, and then it had some stuff that you can only do on the easier difficulty levels. Also one playthrough isn't enough to unlock all the artbook stuff, which is kind of annoying. But it isn't a particularly long game, so I'm leaning towards going for 100% completion.

Played some BF Hardline beta on PS4 and PC as well. PS4 version performs pretty badly, PC version performs pretty well. Feels a little too much like Battlefield, as in the cops and robbers theme feels a bit like window dressing. A competitive version of PayDay it really ain't.

And of course still playing some Titanfall because well, Titanfall is the best.

17. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Been pretty heavily revisiting Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
    Started over with a pure mage. (No battlemage, or custom class with mage mixed in....pure mage.) What an underrated class. Sometimes I feel like a mystic Terminator walking into some caves or Ayleid ruins, casting down ruin on hapless goblins, necromancers, rogue mages and bandits. Better yet, sometimes I feel like Emperor Palpatine as I cast lightning attacks at my foes, citing lines like: "Young fools, only now, at the end do you understand!" or, "You have paid the price for your lack of vision!" or "Powwwwwerrrrrrr! Unnnnliiimitteeedddddd ppooowwwweeerrrrrrrrrr!" or "Go for Papa Palpatine!" or, "What the hell's an Aluminum Falcon?!" (oops...sorry....got silly there, dinnit?)

Sometimes, to grind up levels and skills, I would do things like running around, setting my character's self on fire to grind up my destruction spell casting, and subsequently self-healing to grind up my restoration skillz.

I also like to give my made-spells and enchanted items funny names...

One of my characters has a bow and arrow that causes enemy humans to Frenzy, and start attacking each other if they are close enough....I called it: "Who Farted In the Chapel?"

For my mage, I have the same effect, but this time, as a spell that can affect up to level 25 human enemies in a 100 ft area of effect. I called the spell: "Hey! Who Smellteth, Dealteth!" (Making rogue mages and bandits fight each other never gets old...not to mention it slims down the odds a bit. :) )

I have a charm spell that can make folks in a 10ft AOE have 100 percent affinity towards me: name-- "Kumbaya, m'Lord! Kumbayaaaa!"

Oblivion is such a fun game to revisit, and once I've finished it, it's on to Skyrim again.

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Started playing Far Cry 3 last night. So far I have no idea how I feel about it. I was hesitant because I don't usually like first-person shooters, but I had heard good things from a lot of different people.

First impressions: it's just a first-person version of Assassin's Creed...with guns. I guess this makes sense since it was made by Ubisoft, but the similarities are glaring. I'll play it for a little while and see how I feel, but right now I'm not sold on it.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Battlefield 4. Only to find the campaign is missing it's ending because they rushed the game out, as well as all the other bugs it caused.

And according to the EA website, I have to wait until "summer" this year when Expansion pack 5 will have the completed ending to the game, which I have to buy.

What. The absolute. Fuck.

What the hell is going on with EA. Are they literally so busy wriggling around naked on customers money they actually can't be fucking bothered to finish a game and *put the damn ending on it* that they make you buy it, paying half as much as the game itself again?

Jesus.

20. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Think I'm about 30% complete on Infamous: Second Son. Enjoying it so far but it's becoming quite samey, I assume something changes it up soon.