Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. kavinsimon

kavinsimon Ensign

Mass Effect 2 is an excellent adventure, deep game play experience packed full of action and magical landscapes filled, if you own a Xbox360 you must buy this game. It's every bit the smart, sexy, thrilling, moving, funny, intense competition, we hope to be.

2. Artemis

Artemis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I can honestly say I am a Kaidan fan because of Carth.

Go ahead. Say all you want. :D

3. The Fatman

The Fatman Captain Captain

So, I thought I had finished up the game, but was clued in that i could go back and explore the shadow broker's command center. Nothing earth shattering... but I LOL'd at least twice reading all the dossier files. I mean, Legion as a gamer (and has the all time high score in "Call of Honor: Medal of Duty")? classic. Garrus listens to music from Fleet and Flotilla on his headset during battle? Jack submits poetry to journals? This is the kind of universe deepening stuff that I love. Although I was a little upset that the files don't include anything on Wrex, Liara, or Kaidan, and don't tell us anything about who Aria was pre-Omega.

Also, count me in as another vote to see more of Kaidan/Ashley in the last DLC.

4. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

I loved LotSB. Every minute of it was top-quality ME2. And yeah, hanging out at the command center is excellent; the dossiers are terrific.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, those dossiers were surprisingly insightful...if a little voyeuristic. I'm not sure what was more telling; Miranda googleing the "correct" psychological advice to give her sister because she doesn't know how to just talk to her or Tali and her guilty masturbation.

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I remember looking at those files but I don't remember that :lol:

7. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

8. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

It might be time for another play through. I really should check out some of the DLC, as well.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ You definitely should, I would consider LotSB to be, as it were, mandatory reading regarding the ME universe.
    As a straight guy, all I can say is Kaidan doesn't hold a candle to Carth.

10. Artemis

Artemis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Can't argue with that.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I like both Kaidan and Carth. :shrug:

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Oh I like Kaiden, he's a very nice guy, much like Jacob in ME2. He's just not the most charismatic or memorable character. Again, much like Jacob.

13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Bit of a Catch 22 though isn't it? If they made the most charismatic and interesting character the one you start with right from the off (and survives for than 5 minutes) then it'd only make it harder to get people to like all the other companions you pick up along the way.

That was sort of the problem with Dragon Age for me. Though I'm sure others might not agree, I thought Leliana, Morrigan and Alister were the most interesting characters of the bunch and you get them more or less in the beginning.

14. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, I pretty much kept the three of them with me the whole time, without much regard for part balance. Worked out pretty good from a practicality standpoint though.

15. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

16. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

17. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

They don't need new composers, ME1 and ME2 were fantastic soundtracks, I say finish the trilogy with the same composers.

18. Skywalker

No Jack Wall makes Skywalker a sad panda. :(

Clint Mansell is an excellent composer, though.

19. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. I can think of more inappropriate composers to choose, but I'm having a real hard time coming up with one off the top of my head.

20. Skywalker

Danny Elfman! :devil:

LALALALALALALALA BOM BOM BOM BOM DIDDLY DIDDLY DIDDLY DIDDLY!