Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas--Community Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay...this was the single greatest half hour of television (or 21 minutes) that I have seen this season by far and in a very long time. I laughed my ass off for nearly the entire episode and teared up at the emotional moments (and there were). John Oliver almost steals the episode away from the rest of the gang with his brilliant performance. Alison Brie is a hot stop motion ballerina. Just brilliant. This is a must watch episode even if you don't watch "Community" for all the references in the episode.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Pure genius. I loved it.

"It's the first season of Lost on DVD."
    "That's the meaning of Christmas?"
    "No, it's a metaphor. It represents a lack of payoff."

:guffaw:

3. Gen. Zod

Gen. Zod Lieutenant Red Shirt

Dammit, I live in the Nashville area and NBC aired the Titans game, instead. ...and we lost, too, so....

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

"Music and cookies and liquor and trees! That's what Christmas is for!"

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Oh, man, that was hilarious. In a season where The Office continues to disappoint more than entertain, thank Abed for Community.

My only disappointment was not being able to see Alison Brie wearing a ballerina costume.

6. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked the animation and a couple of the jokes but the story was very weak and the parts that were supposed to be bittersweet didn't connect. They should have had a great script and then animated it, but this seemed like the animation was the driving force and the writing was an afterthought. The show had a strong first year with some nice character writing, but this season it's becoming a collection of gimmicks.

I thought the Joel McHale... puppet? looked the least like the actor of any of them.

--Justin

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I found the Halloween episode to be a lot more bizarre and funnier.

8. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I find this show very troublesome. I keep giving it a try because I know how much my fellow Internet pop culture junkies love it and I keep ending up being disappointed. Once in awhile, though, there is an episode that I really enjoy that seems to justify the online cult around the show. The paintball episode and the episode about the pen, for example. The show is just so inconsistent, though. There are weeks when I just get exasperated at its smartass tone, which prevents me from caring about the characters. Abed is a very annoying character too, with his motormouth schtick.

I liked this episode, though. I agree that the story was weak, but the animation was adorable and even as someone who has never watched "Lost", I really liked that pay-off (and pay-off joke). What I liked most were the little details like the Chevy Chase teddy bear squeaking whenever it walks. The girls were really well-designed too. They looked exactly like the actresses playing them.

9. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

So, is Abed really insane or what?

That episode was excellent though.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I admit I haven't seen every episode this season, but I thought the Christmas episode last night was pretty funny. I loved the ending with terrified Jim trying to make his way through the army of snowmen.

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I watched "Classy Christmas" after "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas," and it was pretty damn good, I agree. I think it was the best episode of the season.

12. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yea this years Office Christmas special wasn't that good,the whole snowball fight between Jim and Dwight wasn't funny Dwight was hurting Jim and no PAYBACK from Jim at the end :wtf:

But Community's was great I love how they don't just break the 4th wall but just smash it to pieces.:guffaw:

13. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

That's what was funny, for once letting Dwight win. Especially since Jim's first snowball in the office was extremely douchy.

14. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well you may be right,but it did seem they did go a little to far with it(guess I'm just too pro-Jim),though the part with Dwight's disguises was funny.:lol:

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

No Abed is not insane...just a little shock at the first Christmas without his mom. I really loved the end when the gang finally comes together and start attacking Ian!

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just caught this from OnDemand. It's kind of funny, I used that Tim Burton boner gag myself in the Fringe commentary for Marionette which I think airs about the same time this did.

My favorite part was Dwight's gift chucking a snowball at Jim.