Creepier Scene?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Danny99, Jun 11, 2009.

?

Creepier Scene

1. Night Terrors

29 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. Schisms

35 vote(s)
    54.7%
  1. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Between the following scenes:

1) "Night Terrors" - Crusher alone in the morgue with all the bodies shifting and sitting up.

2) "Schisms" - Riker and Rager in the alien's laboratory in a different dimension.

2. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I say the scene in "Schisms". It was surreal, alien, and being put on the operating table by aliens has a strange pop-culture familiarity, but it's handled extremely well, I think. Not that the morgue scene wasn't, I just think it wasn't quite as surreal or...well, creepy.

3. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Night Terrors for me, because the first time I saw the scene, it definitely had more impact on me than the other. I think I actually jumped a little. :lol:

4. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I vote for Schisms, but not the scene you mentioned. I found the scene in the holodeck where they recreated their experience really creepy. It was a long detailed scene that slowly built more and more tension. By the end when they were all in the dark, with a spotlight shining over them, and that spooky clicking all around now that was creepy.

5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

"Night Terrors". The first time I saw that scene, it scared the hell out of me. I flipped on all the lights! :lol:

J.

6. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooh, yeah, "Schisms" (though "Night Terrors" was pretty darn creepy, too). That clicking noise....brrrrrrrr!

7. xman

xman Commander Red Shirt

Conspiracy has both of them wrapped up for creepy scenes.

8. Jbarney

Jbarney Captain Captain

I never really liked Night Terrors and didn't feel the episode was particularly well done. So for me Schisms was the obvious choice.

9. byron lomax

byron lomax Commander Red Shirt

Voted for "Night Terrors", that scene made my flesh crawl even thinking about it (this poll actually reminded me of it for the first time in ages). "Schisms" had a lot of creepy scenes too, but they didn't have the jump factor NT had.

10. Kolrad

Kolrad Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The scene in "Night Terrors" startled me the first time I saw it; it was really creepy.

The "Schisms" holodeck scene wasn't effective for me because I got distracted thinking about how the holodeck skipped a bunch of steps in changing the table completely instead of following the instructions the characters were giving.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I'm going to go with Tasha giddy over getting to mount Data.

12. Lt.Cmdr.LaForge

Lt.Cmdr.LaForge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For me 'night terrors' was more creepy. With Riker on an alien operating table you know nothing serious is going to happen to him, it was predictable, so for me there wasn't very much tension.

However, Crusher surrounded by the living dead was unexpected, you dreaded the thought that perhaps the corpse's would remove the blankets and attack her or something =] Anyway dead people are always more scary than aliens imo.

13. Gary Sebben

Gary Sebben Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It funny, I think the creepiest scenes in TNG are holodeck recreations of nightmare events. In Night Terrors when they are recreating the operating table from traces of memory.

Anyother creepy scene: The ep where George turns into a glowing lizard. In the holodeck when they pause the several year old footage and realize there is a shadow there that doesn't correspond to anyone in the area. It helps that Geordi has an attack right after the creapy shape of the alien is produced.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Unfortuantly it hurts that invisible objects don't cast shadows. ;)

Being invisible and all, they don't block light to produce shadows. ;)

Creepy scene: I nominate the entire episode of "Frame of Mind."

Seriously, watching that episode makes me feel like I'm running a 106* fever and half-conscious.

15. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

Night Terrors, dead bodies always creep me out. Yes, even at funerals. So dead bodies suddenly sitting up.:eek: My heart stopped.

16. ladyheather69

ladyheather69 Captain Captain

I voted Schisms, just because that clacking noise was creepy. However, dead bodies in a morgue sitting up? Way creepy too.... stuff that nightmares are made of@

17. Xelo

Xelo Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Night Terrors - that scene was creepy.

18. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I've always thought that too. When they asked for a metal table what the computer came up with was really too specific just to qualify as a table. You have to give TV shows a little leeway though

19. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Night Terrors scene by a mile. Like J. Allen, I too had the lights off, and when I saw it the first time it scared the frikkin' crap outta me. Even now I get chills everytime I see it.
    The schisms scene was kinda creepy, but Riker fought back and blasted that alien piece of shit with a phaser gun, that was the best part of the episode.
    Not for me. I found Conspiracy way too campy with the "old admiral that beats up like 3 guys" and the grub eating scenes. The creature in the guy's chest was just gory, but not scary. The whole episode was a blatant rip off of Alien, and it always pissed me off that they just killed an innocent man to get to the mother creature. The Picard Season 2 on would have never done that unless there was no other recourse.
    Why is that creepy? Data has everything Tasha could have wanted. I'm sure Data's equipment was pretty large, and could be made larger even, and it would stay ummm.......functional for as long as she wanted to
    Exactly. Realistically, they could have stood there for a few hours getting the computer to get the table just right. For the sake of TV episode time, they took the easy way out and gave us the major steps only.

20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

^ Glad I'm not the only one! :lol:

Oh, and I hate "Conspiracy". I refuse to watch it, being arachnaphobic that I am.

J.