Bates Motel seemed like it's going 2 suck, & then it didn't.(Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Bates Motel seemed like it's going 2 suck, & then it didn't.(Spoil

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought that he slept in her room and she didn't know that he was there.

Killing her would be good too.

If Bradley's mum saw him leaving and thought "How cute, my girl is frakking nerd" only to later bring it up over breakfast...

Norma owes the deputy.

An eye for an eye.

Of course if it comes down to returning the slave to her master or putting the little girl out of her misery, and when is she going to get it that he likes it when women are tied up and can't escape, it's just hat her leash is a little more metaphorical, but he still knows how to tug at the choke grip.

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

DAY-UM!!! This show is getting gooooood. :bolian:

Very intriguing indeed. Kudos to those who called Norman killing his father. And now....and now.....Norma has made Dylan complicit in hiding the truth. Norma is actually humanized a bit.

She's not wholly a looming, possessive, semi incestuous monster. She was trying to protect Norman and who knew she actually gives a shit about Dylan in her own way? Very slick, writers. Very slick. Now all three of the Bates' family have killed--Norma and Dylan in revenge, Norman in psychosis. The family that slays together, stays together. :lol: Now, in an effort to be conciliatory, Dylan will give Norma a break and let Norman stay with her at least for the time being. It wll turn out to be a tragically wrong choice, of course.

How is Norman going to get to a point where he's not only sick enough to kill his mother, but also his brother? Dylan's not an idiot. He'll figure it out if Norman starts offing women around town. Norman will do away with them both. How does this young boy get to that point? And will Dylan turn against Norma once more? What will become of the young girl? Did Shelby get her in the woods? What will the sheriff make of a dead deputy on Norma's front steps? Oh--the Bates'---the secrets they're going to have to keep.

4. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like that we finally saw a side of Norma that wasn't batshit crazy and that she might actually care for Dylan (and Dylan for Norma, in a way). It is one fucked up family, though.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

last nights episode was great. certainly didn't expect that character death. i figured that story would be drawn out a bit longer.

6. Guy Gardener

Mostly we see gunfights between master pistoleers.

That was great watch two fuck ups fuck up.

7. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me too. I was expecting that to be the season finale or something.

As for Norma's story to Dylan about Norman killing his father, I'm just going to take that with a grain of salt. It might be true, but we've seen how skillful Norma is at lying throughout the series thus far. She might have just said that to keep Dylan from getting Norman to stay with him.

This week's episode was very good. I'm looking forward to seeing how they get out of this. I wonder if Dylan is going to take the fall for everything.

8. Dorian Thompson

I tend to think the story's true because we've seen Norman going in and out of fugue states already. Remember him trying to hit Dylan with the meat tenderizer because Dylan had Norma programmed as "the whore" on his phone? Then the next day when Dylan talked to him on the couch, Norman didn't believe him. Norman's blacked out in class, too.

I hope Norma's past the point where she would throw Dylan to the wolves to protect Norman or herself. Dylan is sooooo doomed. The only question is when. His good intentions will get him killed at some point down the road. When will Norman snap and do it? That's the question. Dylan's being set up for a tragic death.

9. Guy Gardener

Of course Norman dies, and Dylan is so caught up in his loss that he takes his brothers name... Or he's so fucked by the law he takes his dead brothers identity.

(I hate it when TV does that, claiming that it's because they're smarter than I am.)

Although I still think that there's a 2 percept chance that either Dylan or Noma are fightclubian figments of Normans imagination.

10. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They terminated practially all of the storylines in the first five minutes. Everything else is going to be anticlimatic.

11. Guy Gardener

I agree that that was weird stj.

Was there shuffle behind the scenes with the production?

They're still advertising the website with the "get to know the girl locked up in the basement blog" even though she was shot dead last week.

Everything which I thought would have been hilarious to have been part of Norman's imagination keeps turning out to have happened.

Stalking the Yoga class was hilarious though.

12. Dorian Thompson

Anticlimactic? I wouldn't be so sure about that. Mr. Sheriff nice guy was up to his neck in trouble. He seemed a little too eager to bury the misdeeds of his wayward deputy and keep Norma out of trouble. Mr. Sheriff is glad Mr. Deputy is dead because he can't implicate Mr. Sheriff.

A whoooole new can of worms with Bradley and Dylan. That look when Norman introduced them. That look Bradley gave Dylan as she walked away. They'd already met. That much was obvious. How? Where? One night stand? Is Bradley a drug runner that Dylan observed doing some serious coke or committing some dastardly deed?

Mr. Wonderful who's come to stay at the hotel. There's a new story. What the hell is up with him? Part of the Chinese girl sex trade? If he knew Keith Sommers, that's highly likely.

Norma, Norma, Norma crazy bat shit jealous Norma is back. Having Emma show her Bradley? Then her jealousy when Norman walked away from her. It was like a jealous girlfriend. VERY out of proportion, and of course she reverted to giving Dylan shit when he said he was still moving out.

There's plenty of stories. How can you say there's no stories? We saw "mother" for the first time. "Mother" was talking when Norman was coming back from Bradley's house.

The dog. That precious little dog. :( Norma, you heartless cow. Those bastard writers. I could just kill them for that. Symbolic of Norman's sanity dying?

13. Guy Gardener

What STJ said was that the old stories finished abruptly, and now there are new stories.

I suppose they couldn't write themselves into a corner in the first month with the entire cast winding up in Foxriver.

14. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^Yes.

It is true that they can work the new storylines up into a climax, or at least a cliffhanger. But practically every storyline to date (except the pot field and Brad's dad) went off like a wet firecracker. It was very disconcerting and I turned the set off shortly afterward. Maybe I'll catch up the rest On Demand.

Yes, the dog was supposed to be Significant in some way

15. Guy Gardener

Morons think animals have emotions and feelings.

Empathy, sympathy, compassion.

Bunk.

Practical people choose a pet that will save their family the cost of a funeral.

Idiots chose a dog that can take days to barely eat their face away.

Don't get me started about cat people.

16. Dorian Thompson

Ooookay. Guess I'm outta this thread for good. slowly backs away. :vulcan:

17. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

who says the old stories are done? they could still come back.

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

we don't know the Chinese girl is dead. last we saw her she ran off in the woods. we are told she was shot. no body though. i would guess it was her that Norma chased off in last nights episode.

19. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

eh I have tried getting into this but not really feeling it. I appreciate that it doesn't have breakneck pacing and ten thousand characters and plotlines but itis just soooooooo slow,,,too slow. Writers need to learn that quiet scenes aren't magically character drama. Also the plotlines ie Shelby weren't handled very well. The writers seemed to go for shock rather than developing them.

Vera farmiga is great but she can't singlehandedly save a mediocre series. I may watch last threes episodes but if not no big deal.

20. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought this week's Bates was just okay. It was going to be a tough act to follow last week anyway.

I thought it odd that the Sheriff just concocted that story without at least giving Norma a hard time. I mean, he knew Keith Summers was dirty, and he certainly had to know his deputy was dirty, so why hassle Norma over Summers in the first place. He could've just chalked up Summers death to the business he was in. I also wish we had gotten an inkling more of what Abernathy was up to in that room. Also the fate of the Chinese girl, because I don't think she's dead.

At least we know that Bradley is still alive. I enjoyed Norma's reaction to her, it was very much like a jealous girlfriend or spouse. Vera Farmiga shined in every scene. I also thought Freddie Highmore handled his scenes with Bradley well, and it was great seeing just a sliver of Mother coming out of him. I thought Bradley was so doomed, and then I wondered if he was going to kill the dog or the guy that hit the dog. But the show pulled back.

I didn't think I would like Dylan on the show, but I think he provides a nice balance. And I agree with others who said that something is going on between Bradley and Dylan.

Overall a decent episode, but a bit of a letdown compared to the last several weeks.