American Horror Story - Coven

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gryffindorian, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I am liking this season much more that last which was a slow burn. This year we are right into the action and there is a good feel to it. Hopefully this will continue. I expect there will be an awesome witch battle at some point and I cannot wait for that.

2. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just couldn't continue watching last season. This season? Fantastic!

Jessica Lange will be nominated again. While I don't want Bates' LaLaurie character to change a lot, I hope she'll get some good lines to deliver. Some actresses can deliver sarcasm soooo well.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I loved this episode. It will interesting to see what they do with Lalaurie. Jessica Lange is awesome. The girl in the swamp who killed the guys with the Alligators and is now protecting the Frankenstein guy is the girl was burned at the stake in the last episode, right?

4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I believe that's Misty Day, right?

I just love Jessica Lange. This series revitalized her career, and in the same token, she has brought much prestige to this show by owning every role she plays.

"Maybe in another hundred years, you'll have two shithole salons."

Her lines and deliveries are priceless! :lol:

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Jessica Lange just makes this show. I doubt that the show would be half as good if she weren't in it.

6. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Well, she looks the same, has the same powers and Zoe flat out says "You are Misty Day!" after she reveals she was burned alive.;)

I loved the second episode but I really can't stand looking at Gabourey Sidibe, it makes me uncomfortable. She's so unbelievably fat, she could easily die before she's 40 if she doesn't lose weight.

Kathy Bates' and Angela Basset's characters are both awesome and I can't decide who's worse.

Zoe is a moron, the police shows up and she starts screaming "We're all witches!!!" after five seconds? If she turns out to be the next sovereign witchkind is screwed.:lol:

7. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Zoe really is a moron, and I do hope she's not the next sovereign.

I loved Fiona and Lalaurie's interactions. Their weird little bond at the end of the episode was cute. And good lord, Angela Bassett is ever-amazing and beautiful.

I think Cordelia's black magic efforts to get pregnant are going to backfire, bigtime. And FrankenKyle, I wonder if he'll regain his personality at all? Misty is going to be completely batshit crazy, incidentally. I'm sure of it.

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Great second episode!

The baby-making scene...that's just how our daughter was conceived...

:lol:

Sewing her boyfriend back to life...I'm sure that will work out well. I'm not sure they thought that all the way through...

I think Kathy Bates is going to be a great addition. When she went to hit the girl on the head, I thought she was going to knock herself out.

Jessica Lange is something else. What is she like 65 or something? Man...

:techman:

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was my one issue. I know she was freaked out, but could you possibly be any more stupid?:scream:

10. Enterprise is Great

Freaked out teenage girls being stupid? I'm shocked! :)

11. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lol.

She did play it well, though.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The producers of Bones, Castle, CSI and half a dozen other procedural cop shows died a little bit inside.

13. Enterprise is Great

Only on American Horror Story will you see a jar of semen...

Wow, they offed Emma Roberts three episodes in...bet it doesn't stick.

So Kyle's mom was molesting her son...ew. That scene where she slid her hand down his pants was disturbing. Glad he bashed her skull in...bitch was creepy.

I think guys like Nan mainly because she's a slut. She does seem rather nice too though.

Sex with the Minotaur...ew.

My favorite part of the episode was Madam LaLaurie finding out that a black man is President of the US...stick that you racist bitch. And now she's the slave of a black women is icing on the cake.

14. Gryffindorian

Last night's episode was so-so. I didn't like the fact that they killed off Emma Roberts' character. I wonder if Fiona really wanted Madison to be her protegé, i.e., the next supreme witch, but of course, she ended up killing her - accidentally or on purpose, I couldn't really tell.

"This house doesn't need a new supreme; it needs a new rug." :lol:

Kathy Bates's Madam LaLaurie is the character everyone loves to hate this season. (Last season, it was Dr. Arthur Arden, played by James Cromwell.)

"Oh, lord. Why hast thou foresaken us?! ..... The magic box lies. It says, that Negro is the President of the United States of America!"

To which Fiona replied, "It's true. I voted for him ... twice."

:lol:

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Please, the technical term is "baby gravy." :)

16. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Perfect that Fiona states she voted for him...twice. ;)

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, just when you think they can't get any crazier we get an episode with a mother molesting her son. I did enjoy it overall though. I do agree the stuff with Lalaurie was great. I was also shocked they killed Emma Roberts off so early. Did they actually show what happened when the girls went over to the religious neighbor's house? I missed a few minutes while I was getting ready for bed.

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Presumably once in 2008 and once in 2012 . . ..

19. Gryffindorian

Well, yeah, but considering some people never voted for him in either election, I think the point was that Fiona is a Democrat witch. :lol:

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or she lived in Illinois for a while and voted for him as a US Senator or a State Senator?

But that's overthinking it.