Vicious.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicious_(TV_series)

Emperor Claudius and Gandalf have been living together for 48 years... Where their nicest compliments they have for one another sounds like sandpappering a cat.

This Britcom could have been made in the 70s, if it wasn't for the swearing.

:)

Oh look Beckie from Utopia is smooching another of the kids from Misfits. The rest of the cast had better look out because she has a list.

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm trying to figure how this could possibly be bad.

3. Lt. Uhura-Brown

Lt. Uhura-Brown Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The writing.

Epic cast of fantastic awesomeness, let down by a lackluster script.

4. Guy Gardener

I was slow to to embrace the show, but laughed my ass off from yesterdays 5th episode where Ash brings his girlfriend to dinner at the lad's flat.

Iwan Rehon's simple working class northern accent is a bit trying, but apart from that, it's all gold.

Imagine if Mrs Slocombe was locked in a box with a clone duplicate of Mrs Slocombe for nine weeks with an infinite supply of gin.

5. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've only really seen last night's episode, but I enjoyed it. It is VERY 70s, it is very obvious, but there's a Not Going Out-style determination to keep chucking in the jokes 5 times a minute in the hope that one'll work that pays off every thre minutes or so, particularly with McKellen and Jacobi delivering them.

6. Guy Gardener

Well there's one more episode to the season and then a Christmas episode.

They talked off and on about Freddie's Dr Who role in the pilot, Jacobi must have been smiling on the inside, since he's played the Master twice. (Yes twice, there was a cartoon before NUWho started.)

Good Lord about Not Going Out! When are Lucy and Lee going to get together?! And if not, then at least take a stab at the gorgeous thick girl wofting around pretending her boyfriend is still in the picture... As far as Lee and Daisy are concerned, the only thing more sexy for a guy than his best friends girlfriend/wife, is his brother's girlfriend/wife... Or at least that's what the acumulated seconds of day time talk shows and Jerry Springer I've seen in my life has taught me.

7. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah... I'm guessing you've not seen the latest season of NGO yet. Put it this way, the last episode ran last week, and strands Lee, Lucy, Daisy and Lee's dad on a boat, with no hope of rescue. Very good!

8. Guy Gardener

I'm up to date.

The boat-trip is hardly romantic.

The comic relief sketch was pretty funny too.

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I saw the first episode (well half of it) and thought it was awful, so gave up. Are you telling me it actually got decent or is it just you get used to the awfulness?

10. Guy Gardener

A little of column A, and a little of column B.

It's not a modern comedy.

You need some time to acclimate to the Seventiesasticiacity.

There's great comedy in seeing their predictable patterns rear up, which you can't laugh at before you are aware as to what their predictable patterns are.

11. stoneroses

stoneroses Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's on itv how can it be good? The BBC and channel 4 are the best on the uk for sitcoms.