True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OmahaStar, Sep 28, 2008.

?

Please rate this episode after you've seen it.

1. A - Excellent

7.1%
  2. B - Pretty good.

85.7%
  3. C - Tolerable

7.1%
  4. D - Horrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. E - I don't care, I watch with the sound off, waiting for Jason & the other guys to get nekkid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

From Zap2It -

"Jason is taken into police custody again; Sookie is urged by Gran to use her telepathic abilities to exonerate her brother; Bill takes Sookie to a vampire bar in Shreveport."

2. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Sounds like a good episode :techman:

Can't see it 'till tomorrow though :(

3. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Getting geared up for this. Want to see Eric.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

This episode makes me kind of appreciative for American prudishness, there's some things I'm not sure I'd want to see.

5. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

V juice makes yo jimmy bigger! :eek:

Vampire bar was underwhelming.

Bill knows how to handle cops.

Which leads a question, how could a vampire have a valid driver's license? Tests at night?

6. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's easy. Once vampires 'came out' they began filing lawsuits against essential business and government services for discriminating against them. Now places like the DMV have to provide 'after dark' service.

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess they'd have to hire artists to render a "photo" of a vampire to put on the license.

8. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Vampires can be photographed. Remember Sam watched the video of the girl having sex with one.

9. OmahaStar

Jason watched.

Also, Nan Flanagan was shown on Real Time. The promo documentaries (True Lines?) they showed before the series started had a few people coming up to Bill and asking to take pix with him.

I thought the cop situation was handled better here than in the book, since this cop was real. And pissed his pants. lol

This week's episode was more playful fun than anything else. We have an introduction to Erik, and could he have been more underwhelming? Pam was completely wrong, also. Most things I've been ok with, but those two are essential to this series, and they're completely ... wrong.

Jason getting his V Juice, that's comedy folks. LaFayette warned him, take one drop, two at the most, and he takes the whole thing ... and then won't fess up, even with the prospect of losing his boy bits.

Getting blisters ... freaking hilarious there.

And much more insight into this Tara's background, her childhood, and Jason being her protector. We now have an explanation as to why she's gaga over him, and it fits in perfectly with this character. That tough, sassy exterior isn't her at all. It's a persona she's adopted to keep people away. She won't dare let anyone get close enough to really know her. Some interesting changes there.

10. Trippy

^Yes, I'm glad to know why Tara is so ga ga about Jason, the eggplant dicked man! :lol:

Why were the cops busting Fangtasia? I though Vamps had rights...what were they doing wrong? (except feeding on apparently willing humans)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  11. DeadmeatDiggory

DeadmeatDiggory Commander Red Shirt

I enjoyed this episode more than the other three. Seemed they've gotten over (at least this week) the constant need to have the more extreme sex scenes its possible to broadcast on Cable TV, instead of having character development -- and thank god we got one week without seeing the brother naked (although I'm sure he'll be nuding it up next week).

Enjoyed the Vamp-Lord, look forward to see more of him, and less of the "Oooh we're scary human-eating Vampires" trio.

Question: Am I alone in think that the dude on owns the bar is a Werewolf (I thought so last week, this week maybe he's just a creep)?

12. OmahaStar

One of the reasons I am glad I have HBO again ... They like to show hot buff yummy guys sans clothing. :D

Oh, Erik isn't a Lord. He's just the Sheriff. lol

Yes to the first part, and disagree to the second part. Sam isn't a Were.

13. RaymondJames

RaymondJames Captain Captain

Pretty Good episode.

14. Trippy

Does anyone know the title of the first novel in this series? I'm making a trip to the local bookstore tomorrow for the latest Star Trek book, and I'd like to start this series too. I was looking around on amazon, but couldn't find a description that said 'first'.

15. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dead Until Dark.

16. Trippy

Thank you! :techman:

17. marplanauta

marplanauta Commander Red Shirt

I liked it more this week than last.
    The bar owner is the dog, he is not the killer!

I have my suspicions, i believe the killer is that new coroner boy

18. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Or maybe it's the other coroner, Dr. Phlox? ;) He seems to usually play off-center characters, and it seems odd to cast Billingsley in what seems at this point to be a next-to-background character.

19. Trippy

Well he plays that character with aplomb! He made me laugh in the few scenes he's been in so far :techman: