teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think she had potential though she is easily the least interesting female face I've seen on the show. Maybe they were going for an insipid, almost frail looking person with a will of steel? Maybe they shouldn't have pumped her lips up so much!! (this is something that really irritates me when I see it).

2. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, I agree - but sometimes the circumstances in which a technology is created aren't. I think there's a moral component that has to be considered carefully.

3. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I thought Teal'c and Ishta was interesting pairing ;)

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Who's Ishta?

5. gturner

gturner Admiral

Teal'c is what, 110 years old, 130? There is NO pairing that we'd want to see, except maybe the oldest lady from "The Golden Girls."

Try to get that image out of your head.

Bwuhahahah!

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Simply put, Teal'c's wife was just forgotten about in this episode. Future episodes make it clear he is still married, so for whatever reason he's open to extra-marrital affairs this week. Just go with it.

7. teacake

Yeah that is if you are getting it off people who are still using it and will be working on it unethically to sell to you. Grabbing it as you run through the gate is different.

You have a limited imagination.

And by this reckoning Vulcans aren't sexy.

Well okay.. the sorta wife relationship is a little dubious anyway, I figure much of it is for the sake of the boy and honoring past commitments.

8. gturner

gturner Admiral

Well, there are several things the series never addresses, such as:

If Teal'c is 110 or so years old, how old is his wife? How long have they been married? Did she wait till she was a hundred to have their first child, or did the writers think having Teal'c say, "Our other thirty children fell in battle in the service of Apophis, as did their 83 grandchildren and 256 great-grand children" was a bit much?

They kept it simple.

Also, and you've probably caught on to this by now, the word "Kelno reem" is always preceded by the words "a deep state of". Always.

9. teacake

Is there a shallow version of Kelno Reem? For.. dabblers?

10. gturner

gturner Admiral

I'm pretty sure Jack only made it to a shallow state of Kelno'reem when he swapped bodies withTeal'c using Mephisto's machine, but I'm sure Teal'c told him he had to reach "a deep state" of it. :D

It's kind of amusing once you start noticing it. If they talked about it more frequently you could turn it into a drinking game. As it is, it's better to go with "Chevron _ encoded" and take a double shot when they say "Chevron 7 - locked!"

11. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed that about kel'no'reem many years ago. "A deep state" is all there is.

12. teacake

I.. see what you mean.

[​IMG]

13. teacake

Divide and Conquer: Love, sex, death, politics and betrayal.

So after reading people's Martouf lusts I actually got to the point in this episode where I found myself thinking, "okay.. I see it now.. Martouf is HOT!" And you know what happened next :rolleyes:

I know the O'Neil and Carter thing is supposed to be very sweet and romantic (and I do like this pairing) but it was all a little convoluted confession fanfic for me.

WE MUST CONFESS OUR LOVE OR WE COULD DIE!!

But I am looking forward to where it goes next!

Best line ever: Freya propositions O'Neill for sex using the old we don't have hang ups like you line that non-earthlings always whip out and O'Neill replies, "I could blow here any minute!" WTH, seriously, how did the actors keep a straight face?! Yeah yeah they are talking about his supposed programming to kill but really :lol:

14. teacake

Window of Opportunity: That was heaps of fun!

Carter and O'Neill both eating fruit loops.. there's destiny in that. O'Neill just gets more and more amusing :lol:

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

One of my favorite episodes in the entire series. The golfing through the stargate is what got me. Oh, and...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L6i5AwVAbs[/yt]

:guffaw:

16. teacake

I like it when O'Neill is relating what happened to the Doctor and he finished with "and then I was eating my fruit loops" and she kind of widens her eyes just short of rolling them.

It's a wonderful O'Neill showcase!

17. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    cf my av ;)

:)

18. gturner

gturner Admiral

O'Neill wasn't actually eating Fruit Loops. They were glued to his spoon so they looked exactly the same in each scene! :D

And then we had "The Kiss", as good as anything in Times Square on VE day.

Trivia: O'Neill and Tea'lc went through at least 216 time loops if the Earth was out of contact for three months of 10-hour loops.

19. teacake

Wow. He must be pissed off he didn't have time to perfect any useful skills because he had to spend all those hours learning how to decipher stuff, stuff that now that he's crammed it into his brain has no use whatsoever :lol:

And that's cool about the fruit loops, makes sense!

20. gturner

gturner Admiral

Well think of what would've happened if he'd been stuck in the time loop with the wrist bands! He would've read every book on the base, including Carter's thousand-page tome on wormhole physics. He'd be fluent in Goa'uld, Ancient, Latin, Egyptian, and about twenty other languages. He wouldn't be O'Neill anymore!

I liked the look he gave Carter at the end when she asked if he'd taken advantage of the opportunity - letting the implication that "for a hundred loops, all we did was shag each other, but we won't talk about that," hang in the air.