Ms. Marvel Movie and Blade Reboot

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 8, 2013.

1. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I would love a Kitty Pryde movie, but that's actually Fox's call. ;)

2. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

Lockheed or no deal.

3. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Excited most about Black Panther and Blade. I wouldn't mind seeing a Captain Marvel movie either. I'm not too big into her current series-and the current artwork is atrocious-but I did like a lot of her stories during her last Ms. Marvel run (around the Civil War/Dark Reign era).

It would be nice to get a Daredevil reboot and a Moon Knight film as well. Or maybe do either for a TV series, Arrow-style.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'd much rather see Ms. Marvel introduced in the X-Men movie universe specifically for this reason. I want super strong, flying Rogue!

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Not possible. FOX doesn't own the rights to Ms Marvel so crossovers aren't allowed to happen. Besides, Marvel won't allowed their potential franchise Ms Marvel be short changed just so Rogue can look good.

It's FOX's own fault for making Rogue look so weak and pathetic like Bella from Twilight in the first place.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

More like 100%. She is going to be in X-Men: Days of Future Past.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Me too, but you don't need Ms./Captain Marvel to do that. Just make up some gibberish about her powers coming back with a vengeance after the "cure" didn't take, thus making her the supercharged, flying crazy person we all want to see. ;)

Personally, I hope they go with "Captain" over "Ms." since 1) it's been the 21st century now for well over a decade, so it's about time we started acting like it and 2) it fits in nicely with the Marvel movie lore.

Specifically the whole Iron Patriot/re-branding bit in IM3. If by whatever mechanism one of their soldiers winds up with super-powers, then they're going to want to capitalise on that and drawing parallels with Cap would be half the point.

Speaking of, exactly how do we think they'll handle her origin story? I'm no comic book expert, but even I'm aware that her origin/publication history is about as strange, convoluted (and at times as oddly misogynistic) as they come. Given a clean slate I suppose they could tie her powers into the Asgardian mythos? Her power set is after all, fairly god-like. Demi-god-like at the minimum. ;)

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there some reason they couldn't work the Kree into the MCU? It seems to me that Carol's origin story would be a good way to bring them into the movies.
    I just started watching Season 2 of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and I read the first issue of the new Capt. Marvel series earlier this year, and based off of those I would love a Capt./Ms. Marvel movie. Personally I'd prefer they call her Captain Marvel.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Both FOX and Marvel own the film rights to the Skrulls, so I imagine both can use the Kree.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do they go together then?

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Ever since I became a fan of Carol (whether it's as Ms. Marvel or her current incarnation, Captain Marvel) I've been dreaming of a movie about her. I'm putting money on Marvel having her be Captain Marvel, just because that's what she's called right now, and I'm sure they'd want to stay consistent with the brand.

Either Captain or Ms. I think it's time to get a female into the mix of the (with one exception) all boys club of the MCU.

12. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like to see her origin mixed a bit with the Ultimates version where she worked for SHIELD and I think for a time was acting director.

In my scenario I'd have the character of Carol Danvers introduced on the SHIELD tv series. Then have the cliffhanger involving some alien menace on Earth being discovered and then she gains superpowers. It doesn't seem like they can use the Kree name (tied up with X-men and Fox or something?) so whatever alien name they give it. She leaves after getting superpowers and shows up for a few mins in a future Avengers sequel before getting her own movie.

That would let the origin story play out in the tv series so don't have to waste any time with it in a movie.

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

^^^^I actually wouldn't mind that idea. Though I also thought a good idea would be to have her co-star in another one of the solo films and then pop up in Avengers. You wouldn't necessarily have to show her origin, you could just have her pop up with powers already then through the course of the movie you could have her reveal the origin. Just an idea.

Another idea I had was they could have Carol adopt both persona's in her movie (Ms. and Captain Marvel). She starts out as Ms. Marvel and through the movie she adopts the persona of Captain Marvel, of course without the original Captain Marvel that name might not have the same meaning as it does in the comics.

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

They were created independently in the pages of THE FANTASTIC FOUR, but have been portrayed as galactic rivals in Marvel Comics for decades now.

Think the Klingons and the Romulans, both of which were introduced in separate episodes of STAR TREK, but whom are often spoken of in the same breath these days . . . .

15. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm all in for this as long as the first shot is Kitty pointing toward the camera proclaiming "Professor Xavier is a JERK!"

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually saw Vince Vaughn say that in a preview for the new movie the internship.

Such a geek moment.

Ellen is too old.

Kitty is 14.

Kids in over their head beating up adults, it's a grease that keeps Japaneese culture running.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Kitty isn't popular enough to get her own movie. It'll flop badly.

18. Guy Gardener

Did dating Iceman help or hinder her Q-Raing?

(Why do I keep thinking that YOUNG Mayim Bialik would have made for a perfect Kitty Pride?)

19. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Blade wasn't popular enough to get his own movie until he got his own move. Hell, as far as comics go, Blade STILL isn't popular enough to get his own movie.

20. Guy Gardener

Was Wesley looking for a Black super hero or was the studio looking for a black actor?

So what we need is a movie star who wants to be a super hero, who looks just like Kitty Pryde?

Although... looking at pix from her upcoming movie, I was wrong, Ellen can still pass for 14.