Brought to you by the letter "p" for "pedophilia"?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by the G-man, Nov 12, 2012.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Wow.

So, all you lefties happy you saved Sesame Street from the E-vil Mitt Romney?

3. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Well, that's not good at all. :wtf:

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Well, he's innocent until proven guilty for one. Two, because one person makes a mistake doesn't mean that everyone involved did the same thing. If that was the case, we'd have to shut down the Catholic Church and Penn State Football.

5. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What does that even mean? Electing Romney would somehow make a difference to an allegation that happened seven years ago? Nice job, trying to bring partisan politics into an issue where it's not relevant.

This story reminds me of Jeff Smith, who pretty much disappeared from PBS and everywhere else after his scandal. Unless he can prove that it's all false, Clash is probably history.

Justin

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

So far, there's been no evidence to prove it's true at all. However,even if no charges ever get filed, his reputation will still be ruined.

7. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

:lol:

I really hope that's a joke, because otherwise, that's really, really sad.

Sore loser, eh?

8. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Can you see these "lefties" right now?

9. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I know facts can be a pesky thing when it comes to these stories and the ignorance involved is usually biblical which seems to be the case here.

I just saw this story on the beeb. It turns out the teenager involved was 16/17 when this occured and that the age of consent is 17 in New York where this all occured and the authorities don,t even think sex occured till he was 17

Of course this doesn't even cover the fact that this isn't a case of Pedophilia, but as I said, ignorance is usually biblical in these type of stories.

10. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Yes.

Should we ban sport programs because of Penn State?

11. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

This.

Even if he did sleep with the kid when he was sixteen, I don't see it as that big of a deal. It's legal to sleep with him when he's 17 but it's child molestation at 16?.......with consent at that......bullshit.

12. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This question probably classifies under about 8 logical fallacies. Don't be a douche.

13. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Same. Yes he (possibly) did a wrong thing, but he's innocent until proven guilty on this.

I remember that one vaguely.

14. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Why do people seemingly go out of their way to label everything paedophilia? The kid was 16/17, even if this is below the age of consent in the US it's not paedophilia. May have been wrong of him to enter the relationship with a teenager but it may have actually been entirely legal, given there's no proof one way or the other.

15. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The title of this thread should be "'e' for 'ephebophilia'", if one really wants to make this a punchline.

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Allegedly occurred, that is. Of course. :)

Clash has admitted to a sexual history with the man, but denies it was ever before he was a legal adult.

The worst part of all this is that even if Clash is proven innocent (which will likely be very tricky to do) his career is almost certainly shot. People get crazy over the P word, even when completely unjustified.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The word Ef-able (Short and polite for fuckable) is floating about in my lexicon, which when I was trying to locate the correct imaginary spelling I realized that I might be thinking of effable which means to be well spoken, so then I reconsidered that the vulgar word I was looking for must be shortened into F-Able... Which means imaginary story.

It's an imaginary story that any one is fuckable.

We all settle, always.

18. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

The correct description of the alleged relationship would be "pederasty." The Greeks had a word for it, as they say. ;)

19. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ephebophilia is the Greek term for the preference. Pederasty is the Greek word for the relationship (unsurprisingly they had more than one word). Either would work perfectly fine and would be - unlike the current title - not misleading at all.

20. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt