Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The fact that a 30 minute animated episode is full of plot holes is to be expected. I still liked it for what it was.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't think that's entirely fair, considering that there are entire 2-hour live-action movies (including most of the ones directed by George Lucas) that have even more massive plot holes.

3. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True, that.

Or, is it a 120 minute story in 4 parts?

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even the quote provided suggests that Ahsoka had no reason to suspect Bariss, she was her friend, and a fellow member of the Jedi Order. As I mentioned as well...the dark side clouds judgement and reason, making it difficult to find the truth of things. She even says that Offee can verify the information, which she of course did when Anakin brought her before the court, just not in the way Ahsoka anticipated :)

5. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

20 minutes. Or is it 22? Well, somewhere around that.

6. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Wow, Clone Wars is gone. I tuned in to maybe catch a rerun and they're showing one of those Lego spoofs instead; And not even a Star Wars one at that.

The rest of the morning lineup looks exactly the same, so now I'm left wondering if it's more bitter grapes on the part of Cartoon Network or some guy from Disney showed up five minutes after the finale and said; "Okay, pack it all up. And don't forget the Lego spoofs."

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

They've done this before (switch The Clone Wars out with another show for awhile) when they reached the end of a season.
    Reruns may return during the summer.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Disney does have Clone Wars now (has that been confirmed?) CN may have little interest in continuing to show it.

9. Christopher

That's right. There's nothing unusual these days about a cable channel putting something different in a show's time slot as soon as the season ends. In fact, it's a pretty common practice. So there's no reason to think there's any special significance to it here.

10. EnsignRicky

Fair enough. Now I can focus on the myriad of other signs poking me in the gut, saying that TCN and TCW have seen the last of each other.

11. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Of course really that does make a lot of sense - look at what happened to all the other Marvel content on TCN with the exception of Super Hero Squad - which I don't think was ever a ratings juggernaut - once Disney said "okay Cartoon Network, thanks but we'll take it from here and put some of these shows on our two other cable stations"

Really all Disney needs to do is buy Star Trek and Stargate and maybe Dr. Who and they'll have the rights to everything with any spin off potential.

Holy crap... that's a scary thought.

12. Christopher

^Disney doesn't buy series, it buys studios. That would be CBS for Trek (although Paramount retains a movie license) and MGM for Stargate, and of course the BBC for Who.

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe they'll move it to an even lamer time slot, like 4:15 AM or something.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see where late Saturday morning is a lame time slot. It seemed to me that CN was trying to restart the old Saturday morning cartoon trend.

15. EnsignRicky

I don't know if it's lame, but on the occasional late night Friday, nine thirty on a Saturday morning can be down right brutal.

Besides, I personally prefer night time Star Wars.

Yeah, Yeah; I don't own a Tivo.

16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The British fan and collector site Jedinews (UK) has just posted an update both on their home page as well as Facebook.

According to "several sources," The Clone Wars has been cancelled. Unless this is an error and somebody misunderstood something, the series is finished. Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order and walking off into the distance was the end.

17. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

It would benefit the story if it ended that way, since the future of all CW stories--Revenge of the Sith--makes no reference to Ahsoka, a revived Maul or other CW characters at all, as though it never happened. That was the problem with prodcuing a CW series, since the final film of the prequels trilogy made the journey of Anakin all about Padme/fear of loss as though that was his driving problem all along.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    If there's a silver lining to the news for fans of the series it's that any unaired stories that are currently under production could very well see some sort of DVD and BluRay release as a "finale" to the Clone Wars storyline and bridge the remainder of the gap to Episode III.

If I know Disney and Lucasfilm they won't turn down an opportunity to sell something else, in particular something unseen and brand new.

19. Marcus Porcius Cato

Marcus Porcius Cato Commander Red Shirt

At this point how far are we to the events of Ep.3?

20. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I fucking knew it. When are corporate purchases ever a good thing?
    Fuckity fuck-fuck. :klingon: I absolutely fucking knew it (season 6) was too good to be true!

Cue the apologists and the "all the eggs into one basket" mantra of the motion picture industry. This series was a critical and commercial success, but it means nothing because it's on television. All the hail the almighty cinema!

Do you think Tim Curry will take this personally?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013