Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

They do make a tasty burger.

2. AdAstra

AdAstra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought myself a new toy. :-)

[​IMG]

It even has a gps! :lol:

3. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Seriously? A GPS? Has the entire world gone mad? What would possibly compel the designers to put a GPS in a camera?

You know what kind of camera I use?

[​IMG]

4. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

About a month ago I bought a Core i3 based Home Theater PC. I love it way more than I thought I would. It's just a really pretty user interface (I use Mediaportal) and my Blu-ray backups play instantly and with no disc loading time.

5. AdAstra

The gps is there so it can (optionally) geotag your pictures so you can know exactly where they were taken and share them on a map etc.

Apparently it also has a library of "interesting" places and it will display what place you are taking a picture of if it has the place in its memory. :)

6. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Nice toy. :cool:

I got a whole lot of groceries today, including a treat for myself, a tray of cherries! :D
    Hopefully I won't have to go back for more groceries for a few days at least.

7. Niorah

I finally took advantage of the sales today and ended up buying a new sweater and a new pair of shoes.
    It's the first time I buy a Geelong Wool sweater, I'm used to other wools like cashmere, merino, lambswool. I hope it's as comfortable.
    And it's also the first time I order a pair of shoes from Amazon, even though I did try them on in a shop previously, so hopefully that'll go well, too. Fingers crossed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Should be. IIRC, Geelong just another breed of sheep, in the same way that Merino is. Both are historically known for produing higher quality wool than some other breeds. If there's an additional designation (e.g. fine, superfine, ultrafine, etc), that tells you the approximate range of fibre width in the garment. Geelong, like Merino, tends to produce more of the thinner/finer threads while still retaining strength. Cashmere, from the eponymous goat, also tends to be predominaantly composed of finer strands than regular wool. Assuming equal processing/treatment, finer strands tend to feel softer, which accounts for these fabrics being more highly sought after.

9. Niorah

^ It says that it is "finest quality 7gg 100% Geelong Wool". I tend to trust Hackett's quality anyway, since it is after all made in Italy. :D

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got an Underworld: Awakening poster today. ;)

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

A ticket to War Horse, which I enjoyed, and then quick trip to the grocery store for fish, pasta, veggies and soda.

My day off wasn't a total waste.

12. Niorah

Went back to Hackett yesterday for a second round of the sales, came out with a lovely lambswool zipper. Now I should be done. :D

[​IMG]

13. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

A hard drive for my Xbox 360.

14. auntiehill

Last night, we did some grocery shopping and picked up an Amazon gift card for a friend/co-worker of Hubby's.

15. AdAstra

Boxer-briefs.

Pictures on request. ;)

16. Niorah

I was passing by Forbidden Planet to buy the 4th issue of the Game of Thrones comic, when I saw this and couldn't help myself. It will be proudly displayed.

[​IMG]

17. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I bought a few small things for my mother-in-law, for when she comes here in a few weeks and we do a belated Christmas. A Liberty sewing book, a little clip thing you use on the side of a pot so that the spoon drips back into the pot, and some pretty kitchen towels. I still want to pick up one or two more things but only if I see something good.

18. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Yesterday I spent J\just over $600 on the garden. This included one very large terracotta pot and 4 smaller glazed pots. Also pebbles for use in the back garden and potting mix. I am currently waiting for this all to be delivered.

A TV/Combo for the loungeroom ($199), a cordless telephone with 2 handsets and an AV adapter so I can connect my iPad to my TV to watch video.

About $40 worth of groceries.

All-up I spent about $1000.

19. auntiehill

You're going to HAVE to post before and after shots of your garden when this is all done.

20. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I can give you a preview of the front yard which is about half finished.

This is what it looked like when we first moved in

[​IMG]

No-one could work out where our 'front' door was. Our house is side-on so that both the front and back doors are on the sides. People kept coming to our back-door which I don't like because some of them would leave the gate open and I worried that Miss Chicken will get out of the yard.

This is what it looks like now.

[​IMG]

Now at least people can see the front steps though the post lady who delivers parcels is still coming to the back door. I will probably put in a path from the street to the front steps later in the year. I now have a good view of the street from my loungeroom and get more sun in the afternoon. I think I should have got bigger pots for the front of the house. I wish the Housing Department would paint the wooden eaves.

The lawn still looks a little tatty in the areas I took out the trees/bushes. I am hoping it will look better by next year.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012