Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know I wasn't...and know I know why Guy is continuing to call Abed Abeb...that is what Pierce calls him isn't it?

2. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Pierce calls him "Ah-bed" instead of "Eh-bed."

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gimp kid has to chose between dark and light sides of the power that controls and binds the universe, to live up to his destiny... Air-conditioning vs Plumbing.

Luke decided to be a Jedi even though it meant dealing with shit up to his elbows everyday, and poverty and chastity.

Troy don't play that.

Most people in the 80s thought that the Dark Side of the force rotted flesh and riddled you with super tumours, but later we found out that Vader went swimming in a lava flow and Palpatine zapped himself in the face for 3 minutes. They looked like shit because they were idiots, not because the Dark Side is nasty.

Luke wanted to be a pilot like they lied to him his father was, until he wanted to be a Jedi Knight like they lied to him that his father was, but he refused to be a Sith lord like his father was.

He'd rather live out an ethically sound lie than be true to his families actual legacy.

(What does Troy's father do for a living?)

Troy telling old Obi Wan-Metaphor to suck it was a hell of lot smarter than Luke who seems like a kid that would take candy from strangers ending up in a pit not putting the lotion on and getting the hose.

That being said there's no end of dangerous self destructive bullshit that John Goodman could have talked Luke Skywalker into that the Emperor would have failed at.

So much more charismatic and subtly manipulative.

Abed

Y'all always mistake my shitty spelling for humour.

God bless you.

4. Chris_Johnston

Chris_Johnston Captain Captain

Ummm, no, it's just that we keep telling you how it's spelled, and you continue to spell it your own way.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You want me to apologise more?

I spelt my own screenname wrong in the registration for this forum.

Shit happens.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I want my own dreamatorium. :(

I love how they made it look like a holodeck. :lol:

7. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought that was fantastic as well.^ all so love you're avatar.

pierce's antics this week was fantastic I thought for a second he was going to burn the place down. and annie will look good in anything won't she.:drool::drool::drool:

8. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved the Dreamatorium! As much as I wanted them to call it a holodeck, I'm also kind of glad they didn't. It's nice to have a shout-out in a show that is subtle.

With the show trying hard to avoid cliches, it's sometimes hard to see where an episode or arc is going to end up (which is a good thing). I was expecting Pierce to eventually pull through and remake the place similar to what Abed, Troy, Shirley, and Britta did with Annie's new room. I really thought Annie was going to stay in her apartment, content that it was remade. I like what we got a whole lot better, though.

9. Admiral_Young

I missed the episode this week :(

10. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Community is going on a break midseason...

Disappointing, but with the ratings, not surprising.

11. Admiral_Young

This is a little surprising...what is the difference between the ratings last year and the ratings this year? We had a normal hiatus break after the Christmas episode IIRC.

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's not surprising at all.

The quote comes from his take on the midseason schedule.

13. Admiral_Young

I have a feeling this is just the first step in the show being out right cancelled. If they feel this badly about it's ratings then why bother keeping it around? This decision can only hurt the show and alienate it's fans (I know a few who are pissed about this including me).

14. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They sure Britta'd this up, big time. Better yet, they really NBC'd this one up.

I watched all of 30 Rock last spring and it was apparent, watching so many episodes back-to-back that it's on its way out. The show is just not as good as it once was, yet Community is still in its prime.

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

It probably will be canceled, though they do have episodes left to burn off.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

No, I refuse to believe that! Six seasons and a movie! :scream:

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Really stupid move, but that's life. They should stick it on Wednesdays or something with the other comedies and just have two blocks of poorly rated TV comedies.

18. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Community needs a better timeslot. It did well when it first premiered in the 9:30 spot. NBC continuously makes an impressive effort to have nothing on worth watching. This is just the latest in a long list of mistakes.

Personally, I think Dan Harmon should start shopping the show around to other networks, including the Cable networks. (USA, TBS, Comedy Central) Rather than grief and low budgets, the show might get some actual support.

19. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All I want is a fourth season so that the characters can graduate, that's the show's natural end-point. Going beyond that would be stretching the premise ("We all failed economics class? I guess we had better repeat it next year."), while stopping after three would be unfulfilling.

20. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

But do you really think there's an audience out there that would like this kind of comedy that HASN'T heard of the show? I have a feeling no. 4 million is still a lot of people, but I don't think there's a hidden audience out there.

Now, it might survive on a channel with lower audience demands, but that means a cheaper budget. Are you gonna tell Chevy Chase he has to take a paycut?