The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Kirk-Fu

Kirk-Fu Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi everyone. My name is Kyle. I've been a Star Trek fan for around 25 years. I remember coming home every day after school and watching TOS.
    I've been lurking for about 3 weeks before I joined.
    I was going to join about a week ago but couldn't think of a good user name until yesterday. LOL
    I'm excited for the new movie. I've always liked the original crew the most and look forward to seeing them in a new movie.

4. Tyberius

Tyberius Commander Red Shirt

5. dillon3001

dillon3001 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

6. Grup

Grup Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello. New to the board. Have already posted a few times but just wanted to "officially" introduce myself.

Love Star Trek Obviously. TOS more than the others. Sorta liked TNG but got tired of it. I also disliked when they GQ'd Worf with a ponytail:klingon: Also got tired of all the "hot" Klingon women. I always envisioned them as a little rough around the edges. You never saw a Klingon male with dimples or a cleft in his chin. But then ugly don't sell and they're not my characters.

Never got into DS9 or Voyager. And Enterprise seemed OK but just couldn't hold my attention long enough. I think I should probably giver this one another try.

And my biggest gripe is (and I know they gave some lame excuse for this in I believe TNG) is that all the aliens looked alike. There is only so many things you can do with ears, noses and foreheads. I didn't see any real imagination.

I mean in TOS you had the creature in The Man Trap, the Horta, the Gorn, Tribbles, the parasites of Deneva.

Yeah TOS used a lot of humanoid aliens as well but when they didn't; for the time, they seemed really cool. I just expected more creativity 30-40 years later.

Anyways, thats me and my opinion.:lol:

7. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

great idea for a thread, what to say, hm, my name is mic and I am new to these forums, well, not really true,I registered while back, anyways, glad to be here... :techman::bolian:

8. flightmech73

flightmech73 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi all! My I'm Andy. Ive been poking around here for about a week now. Thought Id Sign up and say hey. Ive been into Trek my whole life. I started biulding trek models when i was a teenager and haven't really stopped. I cant wait for this movie to come out. Hoping for the best. See ya all on the boards!:bolian:

9. frankncc72405a

frankncc72405a Captain Captain

Hello. Been around for a while but don't post very often. Glad to see all the discussion on this movie.

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hi everyone. I forgot to introduce myself…

I’ve been a Trek fan all my 20-something years (I was raised on it). My favourites right now are TOS, TAS and Enterprise. I loved Nemesis and thought it was one of the best Trek films. I also read loads of sci-fi and Trek novels.
    I also a big Stargate fan.

Like many fans, I notice lots of little (and large) discrepancies between the various Trek episodes (and books), but I don’t get into a flap over them. It is, after all, just a TV show (something far too many people have lost sight of).

I have an obsessive urge to start throwing rocks at fans who start whinging about ‘canon’.

Like most others around here, I’m looking forward to the forthcoming remake film.
    it’s a prequel in the same way as Batman Begins is a prequel to old Adam West Batman. You can stick it before it if you really want. You might get funny looks.)

I *hate* BoringStar Borelactica (a bunch of sad, pathetic people who deserve all the suffering they bring down on themselves. Gritty and realistic? Depressing and tedious) and Star Wars (boring stuff for small children).

11. ThereAre4Lights

ThereAre4Lights Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello. The Star Trek experience began with TNG for me (Captain Picard wuz my hero) but I found TOS quite enjoyable as well. DS9 wuz absolutely magnificent. And just when I wuz thinking there is nothing about Star Trek I could possibly dislike, I saw Voyager and Enterprise. :eek:. I personally fear the new Star Trek movie will totally fuck up the continuity (Enterprise and Voyager made me lose faith in time traveling plots) without coming up with a decent story. Also I don't like the idea of a prequel. Instead of moving forward they go back :rolleyes:

12. Ezri II

Ezri II Captain

I better say HI.

Oh better wave. Idea. Wave with my bra in my hand. Do you see me now?

Do not get upset I am a fun girl to be with.

13. btflash

btflash Captain Captain

welcome!

14. Pinkle

Pinkle Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hiya :) Been a fan for as long as I can remember, but I think it kicked into full force when I read the book "Sarek" when I was like 13 (24 now). I just happen to be more of a TOS fan than the others because well, I really haven't seen much of the others for some reason.

My other obsessions include Half-Life and Silent Hill. Also a big fan of Star Wars, but I think I like Trek better. ;)

15. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi, everyone. I'm USS_Triumphant, which also happens to be the name of the class ship for the class that the Enterprise in my fan fiction belongs to. (Triumphant is NCC-170091, Enterprise is 170100.) I first joined TrekBBS back around 1997, but I was never very active - Voyager was in the process of convincing me that Trek was jumping the shark, and that the future of Trek was suckage. The last time I logged in before tonight was about 4 years ago, and I guess, not surprisingly, my account got deleted as inactive in the meantime.

I am a huge fan of the Vulcans/Romulans :vulcan:, although I'm less than pleased with the direction Enterprise took the Vulcans in, and I'm not down with this "Reman" junk at all - I'm more of a fan of Diane Duane's take on 'em. Really, I pretty much regard anything aside from TOS, TNG, DS9, and movies 1 - 8 as being sources to pick and choose from. And mostly to not pick and choose from. ;)

I have a lot of hope for the upcoming movie, though. I think I understand the direction they are taking continuity with this offering, and so far, I approve. And my enthusiasm has awoken a level of Trek fandom that I haven't experienced in quite some time.

So I thought I'd log back in here, and see where that takes me.

16. Klingon Empire

Klingon Empire Captain Captain

Face my armies!

:klingon::klingon::klingon::klingon::klingon:
    :borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg:
    :cardie::cardie::cardie::cardie::cardie::cardie::cardie:

Okay, I am just kidding about the armies, I just never got to use the Emoticons before.

17. Semah

Semah Commander Red Shirt

Hi all,

Fan for years. Recently getting back into Star Trek by overexposing myself to Trek media of all sorts in order to prepare for the movie. Thus I will probably write stream of consciousness reviews of various things.

18. erinanderson

erinanderson Ensign Red Shirt

Hi all! *waves* Star Trek Newbie here. I haven't seen any of VOY but I have watched all of TOS, TNG, ENT and the movies. I am currently in season two of DS9 and liking what I am seeing. I am hoping to have finished all of my Trek watching by the time the new movie comes out in May. Coincidentally it comes out two days before I graduate from graduate school. I am hoping I can talk some of the various family members that are coming for my graduation into amusing my mom for an evening so I can hit the midnight showing. :lol:

19. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome to the fun, all! :)

20. Vendor

Vendor Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi, I'm Vendor...short for Vendorian (see ST:TAS) I've been Trekkie since the airing of the Original pilot - "The Cage" and will most probably die a Trekkie.

Hi T'Bonz.