Was the Mobile Emitter a Bad Idea?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Python Trek, Oct 4, 2011.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Enough with the androids. It certainly wasn't a mistake to take the best actor VOY had and give him a much bigger and lively role.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Picardo isn't the worlds grearest actor, he was just given the worlds greatest part.

An unrelenting asshole who doesn't care about the consequences of his actions or words.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm embarrassed I said he was the best actor in VOY. I must have eaten something that disagreed with my brain.

4. Isolinear

Isolinear Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, that would have been a great development for the EMH in Season 2. They kind of did that in "Projections", but it doesn't really count of course.

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Picardo may not be the best actor who was in the Voy cast, but he certainly did the best work on the show.

6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Completely missing the point of a handicapped character overcoming their limitations and being a fully functional member of society or how it gives him a leg up on equality, huh?

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only thing that ever proved that lightbulbs equality, was when Janeway let him leave to pursue a life of his own as an opera star in Virtuoso, but I am a man of some doubt that that ever happened, and it wasn't some devious falsehood programmed into the Doctors memories to make him think that he had a choice and further that no other bugger out there would respect him if he ever did try leave the generous patonage of Starfleet again.

After what happened in Flesh and Blood, Janeway should have given the EMH a limp.

8. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe as a counterweight to the memory scrambling done to him in Latent Image?

9. kcmartz

kcmartz Cadet Newbie

I'm of the opinion that it was both a good and bad idea. Good idea that he was able to help other members of the crew in other areas outside of Sickbay, but a bad idea because like the OP, it is a 'I must explore my humanity' type of character. But don't get me wrong, he was a great actor.