Bill Murry = TOOL or very smart?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Joerib, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Joerib

Joerib Lieutenant Red Shirt

I am wondering what everyone thinks of him not doing GB3? I dont get how they think this will still work with out him. I am kinda disappointed I have been waiting for this for a long time.. :confused:

http://blastr.com/2012/08/aykroyd-ghostbusters-3-is.php

I added a link to the story if this is not allowed please remove thanks...

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Murray is a talented actor in many ways. At the same time he's a huge prima donna.

3. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I applaud him because there is such a thing as having too much of a good thing. Sometimes it is best to simply bow out and move on.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know, it is what it is, Dan wants to move forward and Bill's been holding back. Bill's career has been fine and frankly Dan could probably use a boost. I don't think it will be as good as it would be to have Bill but it's a passing the torch movie anyway so not as big of a loss as it would be trying to carry the picture themselves.

5. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I'd say he's a bit of both.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree as well with both. I don't begrudge his position on "Ghostbusters III". He's made very clear that his hesitation was based on quality of the scripts and the story being written. We know his views on "Ghostbusters II" so it is no surprise to me that he was uncompromising on "Ghostbusters III".

7. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

My impression of Bill Murray - He looks like he lives on the corner of "Nobody Gets Me" and "Fuck It!"

8. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Trying to demonize him or glorify him based upon his decision to be in a movie is ridiculous. Don't assign motives to decisions you know nothing about.

My opinion on Bill Murray? He's a dude who does stuff. That's as far as I'll go on judging someone I've never met.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I wish people would realize Ghostbusters 3 WILL NEVER BE HAPPENING!

JUST BURY THIS NEWS ALREADY, DAMMIT!

:p

10. Mr. Adventure

If only Aykroyd could get Wes Anderson to do this movie...

11. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Bill Murray is happy making the kinds of movies that HE wants to make. Watching Ghostbusters fans pine away and bitch about GB3 is like watching old Woody Allen fans constantly whining that he's not making movies like Bananas or Sleeper anymore. Like Woody, Bill moved on from his old style of comedy and into something else. If you don't like it, that's fine....but that's where he's at. Not sure why people are struggling with this. He's moved on with a successful, respectable career. Ackroyd hasn't had a hit in forever and he's stuck trying to cash in on past glory. For fucks sake, did anybody here think Blues Brothers 2000 wasn't a piece of shit?

So he can be in a movie by a guy who hasn't done anything worth a crap in well over a decade or do stuff HE wants to do like this:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQaScjiWDyY[/yt]

Reading some of the comments on that site are just hilarious. People think that Bill's trying to play chicken, or upset that he's holding out for quality, or think that he'd be upset if the movie started out with his funeral. He'd probably love that last idea because then he wouldn't have to worry about people bugging the shit out of him about it anymore.

12. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Bill Murray's no tool. He's just a guy who does things that are interesting to him. I think he'd like to do GB3-if only as a favor to Dan Ackroyd-but only if it's as good as the first movie. This Stern interview from last year really helped me make an informed opinion on Bill Murray. Personally I think he comes across as a really nice guy.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf3Dl3SxczU[/yt]

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Some Ghostbuster fans are so damn entitled.

Not every franchise needs to be a trilogy!

Don't fans realize that GH3 might end up being worse than GH2?! The last thing we need is another bad sequel.

At least Murry is smart enough to wait for a great script before doing the movie.

:wtf:

14. Mr. Adventure

He should cameo as his corpse. :)

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

At this point, I think they are going to do a GB reboot first before we ever get a GB3 with Murry! Perhaps he would be more willing to do a cameo if that happens? :rommie:

16. Admiral_Young

How are Ghostbuster FANS feeling entitled? When it's been Ackroyd who has been pushing for the third movie for what seems like ever? It very well COULD be worse than "Ghostbusters II" I think that's perhaps one of the reasons why Murray didn't want any part of it, as I said, we pretty much know his feelings regarding his experience on "Ghostbusters II".

From what I read about the story they're moving on without Murray so conversations about his involvement from this point forward seem moot.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  17. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

I don't know how the original even qualifies as comedy. That was some, slow, boring shit. Maybe the franchise holds no nostalgia value for me cause I never watched any GBs as a kid, and only gave the first a shot recently. Anyway, think Murray (love all his work with Wes Anderson) made a quality choice here.

18. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Because it was funny as fuck.

19. Admiral_Young

^ Agreed.

20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

^ Yep.