Blood of the Cybermen

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by JoeZhang, Jun 26, 2010.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I finished this in about half of the time as the Dalek episode. The puzzles were pretty straightforward and there were few bugs (or so it seems) that the last game.

What did the rest of you think?

2. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

I didn't even realise this was out yet, away I go to download it for tonight after work, thanks :bolian:

3. Kibbin

Just finished playing it, it did seem a bit shorter but I think that it worked out at roughly the same length. One thing I noticed was there was no reference to the alt-world where these cybermen should have come from but instead a number of small references to Mondos, where the original cybermen came from. Nothing major just in the collectable cards, trivia things, what have you. Now that we can have the Daleks show up whenever we want with the race reborn are they trying to do the same thing with the cybermen?
    In terms of the game, it's much the same as the last, no better no worse, though I did get stuck for several frustrating minutes near the cybermat that guards the laptop. I won't spoil anything but I'm sure I tried the solution at least twice and it wouyldn't work leaving me scurrying around, thinking I was going about it the wrong way.

P.S Sorry for double posting

4. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Did you notice the changed symbol? - I guess to indicate that those Cybermen are different from the Alt universe ones.

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well since I can'ty even get the first game to work I'll probably give this a miss.

Shame really. I keep meaning to maybe uninstall the game and try again, I did impatiently not do the system check before hand so maybe I'm just missing something really simple.

6. Kibbin

I didn't actually, guess that was a bit more starring me in the face rather than the tiny trivia things that you can find around.

7. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

What does the new Cyberman symbol look like?

8. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

The continuity is a little awkward in this story. Amy meets the Cybermen here, but in The Pandorica Opens, she doesn't know what they are. What gives?:confused:

9. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Obviously these Cybermen got sucked into a crack. ;)

10. Faldor

Faldor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oooh err Mrs!

11. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

Or alternatively, maybe something caused Amy to lose her memories of this particular adventure?

12. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Or maybe it's pointless to look for continuity where no one intended to put it?

13. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

Maybe to some. I, however, am among those who rather like their continuity, as you've no doubt guessed. This error is to noticeable to just ignore IMHO.

14. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Just a guess here and I could be wrong, but don't all the games take part after the series and thus the issue you have having EJA is a kin to creating a mountain out of a mole hill.

15. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

I'm not quite with you, Dimesdan. How does these stories taking place after Series 5 help the issue? Besides, they can't be after Series 5, because Rory isn't with them.

16. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

17. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Were you not moaning that Amy should know what a Cyberman is in The Pandorica Opens but you think this is during the series run. Easy, this happened after those events. As for Rory, chalk it up to being at home or just exploring the TARDIS. Do you need to be spoon feed these things all the time?

18. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm assuming that the logic in making your symbol your own face is something only known to the Cybermen. :borg:

19. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why do some the Cybership's wall pannels have the new series Time Lord symbol on them?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Could this be part of something that may be addressed in the last episode of the game? Or am I just overthinking this and it's just a cock-up because the people who made the game had no clue what the symbol was and just used it because they thought it looked cool?

20. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering that the Cybermen would like everyone to have the same face, that makes perfect sense, actually.